Engineers outta have body armor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineers outta have body armor

I think Engineers should have body armor, they repair vehicles a lot, often in the heat of battle, it would suck if you just happen to get shot by a single random bullet from which body armor could protect you.

You dont really need to run huge distances as Engineer, laying mines doesnt require a longer run bar, where as the body armor could protect you from being shot while laying mines at the last moment.

What's your opinion?

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Re: Engineers outta have body armor

Engineers are excellent CQB fighters and are the only class that can repair stuff. Add in mines (that can't be destroyed in the next patch) and you have a potent, albeit a niche, class. Body armour would make them the best fighters in CQB and would disrupt game balance. I wouldn't mind seeing different primary weapon flavors for the different teams, but body armour doesn't belong on them IMO.

Comment

I disagree. Why don't the engineers need body armour? I'll tell you - Robocop.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

with a shotgun

99. A smiley face is not used to mark a minefield.
        100. Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are.
        101. I am not allowed to mount a bayonet on a crew-served weapon.

Comment

dont give Robocop body armor! i beg you!
          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Youd be surprised how incredibly effective the shotgun is. Just practice with it for a few rounds. The trick is to think about where and when you attack someone. Dont let the enemy see you until your 10 meters away, THEN open fire. I think because of the fact that theyre are the most lethal class in CQB, that they dont really need armor. Just my opinion though.

I had a cool time playing engineer with robocop a few days ago at the chinese HQ in songhua. We often were next to eachother and would just absolutly own close range together. If he missed (it was rare) id hit, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
              Youd be surprised how incredibly effective the shotgun is. Just practice with it for a few rounds. The trick is to think about where and when you attack someone. Dont let the enemy see you until your 10 meters away, THEN open fire. I think because of the fact that theyre are the most lethal class in CQB, that they dont really need armor. Just my opinion though.

I had a cool time playing engineer with robocop a few days ago at the chinese HQ in songhua. We often were next to eachother and would just absolutly own close range together. If he missed (it was rare) id hit, and vice versa.
              Engy's are even more effective when they move with a medium range attack class in tandem. I've even had tons of success running in a two man Sniper-Engineer fire team with Robo. It sounds like a recipe for disaster but its the exact opposite. I can but rounds on everyone he cant reach at a distance, and he can handle everything and anything that moves on us up close. Add to that my clamores for infantry and his mines for armor and its a tandem that can do some sneaky damage.
              Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa

Gimme a DAO-12 and I'll see what I can do about that

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                BF2142 Names:
                Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

being able to sprint longer is very important to a good engineer, you often need to close the gap as quick as possible and then make your move, giving them armour would (imo) make them harder to use effectivley

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Thierry
                    You dont really need to run huge distances as Engineer, laying mines doesnt require a longer run bar, where as the body armor could protect you from being shot while laying mines at the last moment.

What's your opinion?
                    Are you kidding? Running is what makes the engineer able to survive on the field. Closing the distance quickly for that one-shot shotgun kill is vital. Also sprinting is used to get your mines on the armor and getting away from the explosion, just like the spec ops do with C4. Slowing an engineer down with armor will just make them more vulnerable. Nothing worse than seeing an engineer running towards you with that shotgun.
                    -33rd- BaneII
                    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Any class that sprints straight at me is dead. Use the pistol instead..... a very underated weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS_Douglas
                        Any class that sprints straight at me is dead. Use the pistol instead..... a very underated weapon.
                        Suuuuuuure. Like you have never been shotgunned down by Robocop, Xeil, Xink, or myself head-on.
                        -33rd- BaneII
                        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Not while any of you were sprinting at me. Not that any of you would sprint at someone, but if you sprint at me, you die.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS_Douglas
                            Not while any of you were sprinting at me. Not that any of you would sprint at someone, but if you sprint at me, you die.
                            if an engineer sprints and flanks you, your a dead man.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Wow, near death threats from Engi's when I mention using the pistol. Robo has his pistol out lots. So do I when I play engi.

Any class that flanks undetected will kill you, no revelation there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X