Simple guide for Jets for 1.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple guide for Jets for 1.2

After reading all the whinings and complains I finally got a chance to try out the patch myself in a jet. I was seeing more people occupying the AA and that is a good thing for balance. What jet pilots should do is start doing evasive maneuver before the solid lock tone and I found myself shot down numerous time because engaging AA sites while it's facing you will work no more without damage. To my surprise i found that the F35B is now a really good plane to use for its fast roll rate meaning switching direction is faster and can cause those now-deadly AAs to miss. THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect is to always check your 6 and often you will see the jet approaching you before you hear the warning tone and you will often be able to get away. After only an hour of playing and got shot down by ground AA a few times I was really impressed with the patch in terms of the balancing of the AIR POWER, after all Tanks get taken out by AT and there should be something that can take a Jet out other than just pilots. Now many base rapangers on Pubbies stopped flying and you will often face quality pilots (but you always do on TG).

Ed

[cross][conduct]
    Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Re: Simple guide for Jets for 1.2

[cross][conduct]
    Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Re: Simple guide for Jets for 1.2

From the opposite side I find the best way the planes have avoided my locks are to go vert. It seems to me in this patch that the range of the lock is actually shorter (not by much, but noticable) I could even be wrong, but thats what it seems like... every plane that just turned to avoid the lock flew away from its own flares, but the ones that took to high altitudes dropped their flares on the way up staying in their spread as they left my range...

The Essex guns are now monsters... I took 1 round to flesh it out against 4 pilots who seemed set on comming to the essex... after only dieing twice in the round and killing 11 enemy jets they stopped comming...
      There was only 1 method that worked in taking out the essex gun, and that is to shoot it down with your cannon from a direction it is not expecting, if you fail, hold your flares until after you pass the gun and pray you make it out... If the Essex is vigilent it will notice your approach and because you have to fly straight to kill it the essex can fire missles at you.... and MISSLES WILL hit you if you fly straight toward them... that combines with the strong vulcan cannon on the essex and you can go down faster then you can kill the gun... IF you happen to kill the essex gun, do whatever it was in your mind to do quickly, because the gun respawns in about 20-25 secs (only a few seconds after the person respawns that was in it)...
      So really, theres not much sence in going for the essex if it is defended unless your team is already dominating...

If you want to work out which ground site is targeting you, look on your map quickly... every site that is occupied by an enemy (or is destroyed) will not appear... and unless you destroyed it theres a good bet it is occupied...

I'm no great pilot, so I cant advise what to do if you get a plane on your tail except for the two things I used to do...
      1- I slow down, the enemy is usually on a high throttle and slowing down in a turn then turning the other way will often make them overshoot you in the other direction, then hit your burners to speed up and escape, reaquire their tail later...
      2- Hit the afterburner early and read a few basic air manouver guides... perform manovers like the scissor to either shake your enemy or cause them to cross your redicle in the process...

Good pilots will still do well... poor pilots will die... and I can hold my own :)
      "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
      "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...