• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores in 1.2

---------------
    CLAYMORES
    ---------------
    Gone are the days when you'll only see claymores at the top of a ladder right infront of it... because claymores no longer explode on yourself or on teammates you can get creative with claymores while defending yourself as the red Skull no longer has to be a concern. However you will score a TK if your teammate is in the blast area when the claymore is tripped, so be sure and still face the charge away from where a teammate would likly be...

When placing a claymore at the top of a ladder, I suggest putting it to the side of the ladder faceing the top of the ladder at about 6 ft (2 meters) away.. It is common for an enemy to climb a ladder and scan for a claymore, but usually they will see you before scanning their far left or right, and in bloodlust will finish their climb... When guarding a ladder I usually keep ahold of my 2nd claymore as getting resupplied is not easy...

Placing Claymores on flag defence is also possible now... While claymores will not stop an organised squad from taking a flag (as they usually have a medic) it will however give a hand to flag defender by killing 1 or more enemys at the most dire time... Bear in mind that it's not really how many people you kill with the claymore, it's when and where they get killed... if you can kill an enemy as they are trying to take your flag, then you've done as good as any flag defender could hope to do as the enemy had to take the time to traverse the map to get to that flag...
    The secondary bonus of putting claymores on a flag defence is that if the enemy DOES take the flag, your claymore is still a danger to the enemy, as it is likly to kill any new enemy that spawn or pass the area... While tactically it's not much advantage as they can respawn in 15, a ticket is still a ticket for your team, and if you can convert 2 or more claymores into enemy ticket losses every spawn you have, thats good math...

Placing claymores in Chokes or High Traffic area's... This is when a sniper starts feeling like a ninja and you go primary to your pistol... I've been doing this alot since the patch and sticking with a squad... your claymores will not bother your squadmates, infact if they understand what your doing they will use the claymores to set up fire positions knowing they wont get flanked...using claymores in chokes is great on infantry maps....

Plaing claymores on flag offence!!! Yes!!!, now you can truly tap into your inner ninja and when you or your squad attacks a flag, set up a perimeter zone around the flag (in common high traffic area's) and the chances the enemy will be able to come around that corner and kill you are slim unless they come in high numbers... even then if it only kills 1 enemy, thats 1 extra ticket for your team and a few more seconds for you to help capture a flag... If you happen to take the flag without any enemy opposition, your claymores are in a good place to stop any enemy advance on the flag... its a win-win...

Claymores against buggys... a claymore set on a roadway CAN kill passengers of buggys (and injure or kill passengers of jeeps)... so on maps like Wake island where the path of enemy vehicles is predicatble, and there is also a high use of buggys feel free to set your spare claymores in roadway chokepoints... if the enemy comes past in an armour they will detonate your claymore for minor damage (and it may confuse them as they look for where the grenade fireing position is)... either way, if you were not going to use the claymore for anythign else, the road is as good as anyplace to set it... just dont bother on maps like S. Stalemate, because the use of armour is 90% in relation to the use of the buggys... (and 90% of statisitcs are made up)

Claymores near resources... Anyplace where the enemy is likly to go on foot is a good place for a claymore... if your team is using air power, place claymores as close as you can to the enemy's AA.... if its a gound pounder map and the Tack or APC near the flag your attacking is already in use by the enemy, set claymores around the spawn point so when the armour dies and respawns your going to be able to use the resource on your attack after the intended driver falls into your trap...

Claymores in great numbers... Feel free on defences to enlist the aid of a support player for ammo, he can restock both of your claymores with 1 pack... allowing you to set up your defence and keep 2 claymores in reserve after you set your designated 5... and while it is slower you can use supply crates for the same purpose... just remember, your claymores will only stay if your kit manages to stay... should you die they will eventually vanish a short time after your pack/kit vanishes.... if you do die, try to get back to your pack/kit if you can, if you pick it up your claymores will stay... (this is true for any placed object like mines and C4)
    Supply crates (while slower) can also restock claymores... prepare for quite a wait tho...

GENERAL NOTES:
    Claymores are tied into Kits... you can have 5 claymores to each Kit... If however you switch kits by picking up another snipers pack, your original claymores will stay around for quite a while after your old kit vanishes, by doing this you can effectivly place up to 10 claymores for a short time... while the short time does seem like it would be useless to you consider the advantages when attacking a location... I'll use several examples on my attacks on the Fish factory on Stalemate...
    EG While above the fish factory I had many enjoyable useages with my claymores effective holding back several enemys alone... Firstly I had 2 claymores... setting them at either end of the hall I camped above the flag waiting for either a flag capture or for an enemy attack... The first enemy attack was a sniper, kileld by my claymore... I ran quickly to take his kit and used his two aditional claymores to restet the one I lost and to enforce another location... next enemy up were support personnel... the claymores took care of them as there is really no way to avoid them... this took care of 2 of my claymores and I was in danger... but I grabbed the support pack and dropped 3 ammo packs on the ground... going back to my sniper kit I picked up the ammo and resupplied my claymores... allowing me to set the full 5 claymores at the 2 chokepoints I need to defend... I kept this up for quite some time while the enemy tried various means to dislodge me including getting a blackhawk to circle and fire thru the windows or down the hall... I was eventally killed as an entire squad with medics absorbed my claymores then came after me...
    I had the pleasure to try this attack method again, but this time with a squad leader close by so whever I died I respawned cloase and reset any dislodged claymores...
    EG2... should you come into an enemy area with many ammo packs.... get claymore happy and use up every pack you find... its more then likly a high traffic area and you can convert ammo packs into easy kills... (let this be a warning to ammo pack spammers) I've often come into flag areas to see 3 ammo packs, allowing me to set 5 claymores as a Lay in a protected pocket to turn the flag...

Claymores have become a powerful tool for anti-infantry in both defence and offence... and the more I play sniper with the new improvements the more I like the class... and the more OVERPOWERED I see the claymores... (now I love the clayumores I do, but they are Seriously strong now, and if you use my guide you'll see how insane it is)

If it's any indication to their strength I'll say this, I have used claymores alot even when teammates could trigger them (I couldn't be as brave or numerous with them) but within only 2 hours of playing today I earned my Vet. Explosive Ordinance (23 explosives kills IAR) before half the map was over...
    "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
    "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Re: Claymores in 1.2

Hopefully icky and Tempus will find a way to make claymores and mines go back to the way they were in 1.12, killing teammates. They are ridiculous now.

Comment

Yeah, should be called "easy buttons". Just toss one anywhere and eventually you get a kill :)

Comment

I prefer to call them automatic defence devices :)

or ADD for short :P

Comment

We gotta manually change the setting at each server restart until BF2CC updates, but mines & claymores now behave properly :)
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

yer they really are overpowered now... They really need to strike a balance somwewhere between what it was and what it is now...

Perhaps something like these
            - only allow a kit to set 2 claymores...
            - Allow claymores/mines to detonate with friendlys but cause no death

right now they are overpowered and they will be abused as much as the tubes and bunnyhopping until EA/Dice realise they should really playtest their patches before running with them :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrPaladin-TPF-
              - Allow claymores/mines to detonate with friendlys but cause no death
              That would be a good one, it should do damage, but no cause a friendly kill, that way the claymores wont get abused like they are right now but will be far less prone to kill friendlies

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
              BF2142 Names:
              Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
              Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
              Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
              Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

What they were probably trying to do was make it so people werent shy about teamkilling and having their score drop by using claymores and mines. They should have just left it like it was, but have no negative score come from teamkilling people with these things. Kinda like what they did with arty.

Comment

hehe only trouble is now... people jsut go charging over my mines and then punnish :/

but its no big deal... punnsh me all day I'm still setting mines for defence :)

Comment

yes you can disarm

I play engineer for for a long time now but i never knew i could disarm claymores.
                    I guess i have some training to do lol.
                    Silent Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                      I'm sure they just did it to stop smacktards from punishing every time they tripped their own mines / claymores. It seems 90% of the changes in the 1.2 patch were geared towards improving play on ranked servers. Most of the changes make TG play worse because we don't suffer from the same idiocy as on ranked. Luckily we have Perry and Icky who quickly came up with solutions to these problems :)
                      Heck, even on the TG server I stopped laying mines of any kind. Seems like putting a mine anywhere that the enemy can't see and avoid it guarauntees that someone on my team is going to run over there and trigger the thing and punish immediately thereafter.
                      Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPaladin-TPF-
                        hehe only trouble is now... people jsut go charging over my mines and then punnish :/

but its no big deal... punnsh me all day I'm still setting mines for defence :)
                        If you see someone on the TG server punishing repeatedly for obviously bad reasons, contact an admin.

There are two possibilities:
                        1. They are accidentally punishing
                        2. They are being childish

We'll sort it out.
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by kornkobcom
                          Heck, even on the TG server I stopped laying mines of any kind. Seems like putting a mine anywhere that the enemy can't see and avoid it guarauntees that someone on my team is going to run over there and trigger the thing and punish immediately thereafter.

I stopped using claymores in pub's... nomatter where you set them, if you set 2 claymores, you'll somehow kill 1 enemy and 2 teammates :/

Comment

Community Update - 2/22/06
                            ...Claymores - the number that can be dropped at any one time has been reduced to 2
                            Once again thank you for your patience and see you all on the Battlefield!

The team at DICE and EA
                            -------------------------------

Seems dice reads my articles.... While this change limits the number of claymores down, you still have the ability to switch packs and reload from support members and supply crates...

So while it wont stop a squad hitting on a flag, setting claymores for defence will still help and the general theme of this guide is still relevant...

Comment

While I know this is both a rather old post, I will add this update as I've been doing alot of sniping from within organised squads in many games...

Claymores are good as early warnign triggers on flags that your squad has left and at any flag that an enemy vehicle cannot get to...

The best use for the claymores are listed above but I will have to add this... a claymore defence is only good if the enemy attacking a flag is
                              - not in vehicles or armour (rarly tho it can kill people inside the vehicles)
                              - not a squad (an organised squad will revive against only 2 claymores)
                              - You stay alive!!! (this is the hardest to achieve)

so using a claymore defence and staying a part of a squad is VERY dificult, but it can be done by a skilled player who understands the concepts of snipers and stealth...
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X