Destroy the UAV in flight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroy the UAV in flight

I need to pose this question because I've not been able to take it down myself..

Q. What is Required to bring down the UAV in flight?

To the best of my gaming I've shot at it with everything including 50Cal but it seems to absorb as much damage as a helo... what do you need to take it down and is it even worth shooting at to save yourself from 3 scan sweeps before it would have naturally expired?

plus shooting at a UAV is a sure way to let the enemy know where yo uare and waste your ammo...
    "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
    "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Re: Destroy the UAV in flight

i don't think it's that strong actually... playing around, i was able to take it down w/ 2 clips from my pistol... though most of those shots were misses. I'd guess it only takes around 10 pistol shots and maybe 7-8 from a rifle??

edit: the one good thing about enemy uav, is you know you're about to be attacked if you're not already. the other thing is that maybe commanders should counter UAV with UAV - i.e. if you're SL, inform commander of enemy UAV situation.

Comment

WhiskeySix is bang on the money here. If you are being UAV'd let your CO know, as UAV's are almost always a prelude to an attack. Plus if counter UAV'd you'd have the fun of seeing that red blip advance towards you, knowing that he knows where you are, but does not think that you know he is coming... ;)

Comment

In a plane you need about 1 second of fire on it and the UAV goes up in smoke. I don't think it's worth it to actually shoot it as infantry, unless you had a squad shooting at it. By the time you are about to actually destroy it, the UAV will probably disappear due to time.

-StubbedToe

Comment

depends on the situation... if you're defending, waiting for an attack, you might as well hit it... it really is a fragile thing, and you can take it down in a few seconds...

Comment

odd, I put most of 2 clips into it with my main weapon and it didn't take it down... perhaps I was unlucky... ormaybe there is sweet spots on the damage
            "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
            "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

hmm.. interesting!

Comment

any points for downing it? Otherwise, I wont do it. . .
                Only the dead have seen the end of war.
                -Plato

Comment

i dont think you get points. you cant even spot it using the commorose. guess the sounds for "UAV spotted" are not there and they are not going to record them.

usually when the UAV is above there are a lot of enemies on the ground, so i dont have time to shoot in the air anyway...
                  former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster1
                    That's not exactly the Tactical Gamer way...

When I'm in an attack helo I've always wondered if the gunner would be able to take it down in like, a second with the minigun, but I've never gotten a chance to try.

Comment

I thought it was easy to shoot down as infanty once, but now I just think it was just blowing up after it ran out of deploy time. Vehicles should be able to take it out rather fast though.

You shouldn't be playing on TG for points. Also a reason to blow it up is so that the other team doesn't have radar.

-StubbedToe

Comment

I'd say take it down no matter what. If you think you're giving away your position, make sure you have somebody covering you and move after the UAV goes down. With a little practice, it should be easy to take down.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Here's a good comparison:
                          UAV -- 200 HP
                          FAAV -- 750 HP

Their "armor" is similar.
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                            That's not exactly the Tactical Gamer way...

I guess you don't get my sardonic wit yet. I was being funny. . .or, at least, trying.
                            Only the dead have seen the end of war.
                            -Plato

Comment

I wasted 200 rounds from the SAW on a UAV. Hit it all of 5 or 6 times. Didn't take it out. After that, I stopped shooting at it. Felt the 5.56mm rounds are better suited at enemy troops instead of a UAV. I just spot the UAV now. And if someone else wants to try and take it out thats fine by me.

[volun][drill]
                              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...