Mid Air Rearming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Air Rearming

Has anyone ever tried this tactic using a blackhawk hovering at high altitude while carrying a support fellow?

Im curious as to how close you would have to get to the chopper for this to work and how many passes it would take.
    Thanks to Tactical Gamer...Im still unemployed

Re: Mid Air Rearming

from my experience its about as fast and as close range as it would be if it weas a supply crate... or there about...

you'd be bettter off arming infantry by throwing ammo packs down to them
    "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
    "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

Pilot being an engy could go very low and repair vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by XS-StrikeEagle
        Pilot being an engy could go very low and repair vehicles.

speeking of, if an enemy only uses 2 c4 packs to blow up a commander asset, a simple low pass in a jet will get them working again...

on the flipside, whenever possible, use 3 or more packs of c4 to blow commander assets

Comment

Originally posted by MrPaladin-TPF-
          speeking of, if an enemy only uses 2 c4 packs to blow up a commander asset, a simple low pass in a jet will get them working again...

on the flipside, whenever possible, use 3 or more packs of c4 to blow commander assets
          nice! (+rep)

Comment

Yeah, when I'm an engineer it usually just takes a second or two with the wrench to fix an asset: once you see it turn from yellow to gray on your minimap you can leave it alone. It will be horribly damaged, but that means the enemy is likely to only use 1 C4 on it so you can do the same thinga gain :D

Comment

A bombing run from the MEC bomber will take out the arty on Oman.. Well, elsewhere too, but since there's often fighting on that beach you can get a few kills and take down the arty at the same time. Double bonus!

I think drunknsage was talking about rearming a jet from the blackhawk.. Really not worth it. Much quicker and easier to fly over the airfield.
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

My brother and I were messing around with Jets, being engineers in them. We'd hurt eachother a bit and then fly over and under eachother, surprisingly you repair really fast.

Other experiments :

3 supply crates on the carrier: fly slowly and you get about 1 bar repaired, then another 2 if you get a good repair off the carrier. Not sure if it's worth it. Considering your infantry could use those crates.

Engineer in the Essex Turret: Fly slowly and you can get about 1 bar maybe more, depends. Then some more repair from going over the carrier.

Still have to try having an engineer looking up and holding down left click with the wrench out, probably won't get much unless the jet is hovering... or not moving.

-StubbedToe

Comment

Since the patch I've found that airfield repairs do alot better, on a slow pass I've healed 5 bars... without supply crates...

Comment

Since the patch I've found that airfield repairs do alot better, on a slow pass I've healed 5 bars... without supply crates...
                    Depends on the airstrip. The ones with 2 strips close, those repair well. The ones with only 1 strip; you have to move pretty slow over those.

-StubbedToe

Comment

If it is an aircraft carrier I just tend to land and repair, otherwise it tend to take far too long
                      |TG| Lorian
                      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
                        If it is an aircraft carrier I just tend to land and repair, otherwise it tend to take far too long
                        how long does it take to repair vs. respawn? if you're 80% damaged, does it make sense to just parachute onto the carrier deck, ditching the jet into the ocean?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                          how long does it take to repair vs. respawn? if you're 80% damaged, does it make sense to just parachute onto the carrier deck, ditching the jet into the ocean?
                          Pff. that's just not sporting. It does make sense though, but if you do a good landing job you can be on and off of the carrier in about the same time it would take the F-35 to spawn.

On TG a day or two ago, I kept getting some J-10 pilot(whom wasn't too good also new to the server) that would just fly over his airfield if I got on him with the F-18 and he'd bail letting his J-10 fly into a mountain. I got pretty annoyed by it and ended up strafing his hangar after he did it more than 5 times. Didn't hit him though, so it's all good heheh.

-StubbedToe

Comment

yeah... definitely not the coolest thing to do.. just curious. (heh... I haven't flown BF planes since they lost traded props for turbines)

as a helo pilot though, i think one of the most fun things is when you're all shot up and need to fly like mad to make it back to your base! zipping between buildings and trees and what not ... a real rush.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X