Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ramming: Cheap Tactic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ramming: Cheap Tactic?

    Ok guys I have a question in regards to a tactic. I was on Oman tonight 2/22/06 and I was in a APC and I was on the opfor team and we were leading by a good margin and had all the flags except the hotel which had just turned usmc. I was following my squad mate who was in an apc and a jet flies by and tries to bomb him and misses so I stop and he turns around and I start firing at him and what does he do....He flies right into me and blows us both up! I thought that was the cheapest tactic I have seen on TG since I have been here and to add insult to injury it was someone from an in house squad! I'm not going to name names or squads but I thought that was cheap. I mean the air units already have enough of an advantage already and someone has to resort to those type of tactics to get a kill. Now is this an acceptable tactic and if so could you please explain the reasoning behind it. i did a search on questionable tactics but didn't find much but I am sure there is probably one regarding this so I do apologize in advance.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Cheap tactic?

    Ramming, either air to air or air to surface, as you've encountered, is frowned upon here. But note: That pilot could have made a judgement call. He could have been down to his last 3 bars of health, out of ammo. Kamikaze is the only way to go. Question: If he would have lined the jet up with you, but bailed out before crashing, would it still be cheap...?



    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cheap tactic?

      I wasn't there, didn't see it, but of course I have a comment... ;-)

      Could it have been an accident?? It's not hard to crash those things...it least I have no problem crashing!

      Cheers.

      |


      It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
      if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cheap tactic?

        Originally posted by Shafik
        Question: If he would have lined the jet up with you, but bailed out before crashing, would it still be cheap...?
        I wouldn't call it cheap but I would call it questionable. The pilot could've easily kept going back to the carrier instead of turning to ram me. The pilot was half way there by the time he turned around, a few quick passes at the carrier and he would've been full ammo and health. Of course I am only referring to my situation and I am sure there are situations that call for ramming air vehicles into ground vehicles but this wasn't one of those situations in my opinion.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cheap tactic?

          Originally posted by eGoatBoy
          I wasn't there, didn't see it, but of course I have a comment... ;-)

          Could it have been an accident?? It's not hard to crash those things...it least I have no problem crashing!

          Cheers.
          no, I could easily see he was aiming at me to ram me, it wasn't an accident.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cheap tactic?

            I'll be totally honest with you, I am the worst Battlefield pilot in the world, and I have crashed randomly a thousand times. If I found myself in one of my famous arbitrary nosedives, and I was facing anywhere near you, I'd prolly try to take ya out too. I'd miss, and crash into the mountainside, tho.

            Use your best judgement concerning other players behavior. If it bothers you, and you know the person, as it seems you do, did you tell them? Did they do it just the once or is it a pattern? I, personally, am of the mind that if it was an isolated incidence, it should be shocked up to probably an accident, but pretty much hilarious either way. If you think it's abusive, PM an admin.


            "Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

            "Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Cheap tactic?

              I've done it before in the past, but I definately frown down upon it now. Now, if I ever run into a helo while in a jet, that's a total accident. aiming to shoot it kinda puts u in its path if it doesn't blow. lol.

              I still do an occational c4 suicide buggy mission, in desperate situations. but, i haven't done that in a while bcuz I believe that's pretty well frowned upon here, too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Cheap tactic?

                Of course I didn't see it, but they very well might have been trying to pancake you... trying to make you roadkill, not themselves a lawndart... <shrug>

                Which I guess I dont have a problem with even though it's a little stupid... It feels about on the same level as running around using a knife in combat. There's nothing "illegal" about it, and while you might get a rush if you manage to kill someone doing it, it's not very smart.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Cheap tactic?

                  Originally posted by aesop rock
                  I'll be totally honest with you, I am the worst Battlefield pilot in the world, and I have crashed randomly a thousand times. If I found myself in one of my famous arbitrary nosedives, and I was facing anywhere near you, I'd prolly try to take ya out too. I'd miss, and crash into the mountainside, tho.

                  Use your best judgement concerning other players behavior. If it bothers you, and you know the person, as it seems you do, did you tell them? Did they do it just the once or is it a pattern? I, personally, am of the mind that if it was an isolated incidence, it should be shocked up to probably an accident, but pretty much hilarious either way. If you think it's abusive, PM an admin.

                  It wasn't an accident I can assure you he lined me up in his cross hairs and rammed me. I want to know if this is a legitimate tactic mostly. I have been rammed into before but i could tell it was an accident. You also can tell when they are inexperienced pilots and i can understand it in those situations. What shocked me the most was that it was a TG'er and not some pubby being a pubby.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Cheap tactic?

                    Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                    Of course I didn't see it, but they very well might have been trying to pancake you... trying to make you roadkill, not themselves a lawndart... <shrug>

                    Which I guess I dont have a problem with even though it's a little stupid... It feels about on the same level as running around using a knife in combat. There's nothing "illegal" about it, and while you might get a rush if you manage to kill someone doing it, it's not very smart.
                    knifing someone makes perfect sense if they aren't looking at u. it is a great thrill when u do it tho!! Santa would know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Cheap tactic?

                      Santas numb to it now because he's done it so often :)
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Cheap tactic?

                        Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                        Of course I didn't see it, but they very well might have been trying to pancake you... trying to make you roadkill, not themselves a lawndart... <shrug>

                        Which I guess I dont have a problem with even though it's a little stupid... It feels about on the same level as running around using a knife in combat. There's nothing "illegal" about it, and while you might get a rush if you manage to kill someone doing it, it's not very smart.
                        When you run around with a knife you are mostly harming yourself. When you crash intentionally with a jet you are depriving Air Power from your team. And that's a big deal on some, if not all maps.



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Cheap tactic?

                          Originally posted by Shafik
                          When you run around with a knife you are mostly harming yourself. When you crash intentionally with a jet you are depriving Air Power from your team. And that's a big deal on some, if not all maps.
                          good point...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Cheap tactic?

                            Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                            ... It feels about on the same level as running around using a knife in combat. There's nothing "illegal" about it, and while you might get a rush if you manage to kill someone doing it, it's not very smart.
                            It's great when somebody brings a knife to a gun fight! Unless you're the guy with the knife.

                            Actually...nothing particularly useful to add to this thread...'cept if you (Drizzid) are really cut up about what happened, and you know who did it then a non-public dialogue might go along way to sorting it out.

                            Cheers.

                            |


                            It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                            if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Cheap tactic?

                              Ramming a plane into an APC if intentional is lame at best, but not against the rules. On Oman, you can refuel/rearm in mid air, so it's unlikely that a pilot could not make it back to the carrier/airfield from the Hotel. Regardless, If I was in an APC and a jet hit me, I value the jet at a MUCH higher rate than the APC and would make that trade EVERY time. A jet out of the air is a big bonus and a grave miscalculation from the pilot.

                              Lucky Shot

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X