This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Carmageddon in BF2?

Sometimes I would join a server to see all squads full 6/6. So seeing that I couldn't be that productive in my 1-man squad, I sometimes like to form my own squad, grab a fast car (unsused by any other squad) and basically driving from enemy flag to enemy flag looking for one that isn't defended or ram the people that are defending at the flag and quickly hop onto the next flag. Is this a cheap tactic? I mean I don't ram into other vehicles because that would be suicide but then I like to just generally running over people. It''s so quick and easy. It can be actually quite fun, but is this genereally condoned in TG? You can basically run over a whole squad if they can't hear you and they are in a perfect line formation.

One of my best experiences: turning a corner to see an AT alone since he's lagging behind in his squad. So I dash straight for him in my car, then he sees me and turns to point his AT launcher at me but I keep on going...I wait...I wait...I wait for him to fire the rocket. There it is! The rocket is coming fast and closing on me, so I quickly tap the 'D' key and I jerk my car a little to the right, the rocket narrowly misses me, seeing it fly by me to the left and hearing it swoosh by through my headphones. I then re-correct my path and run him over, turn my car around right after that, and backstab his whole squad.

Awesome.

Re: Playing Carmageddon in BF2?

There was another topic like this somewhere, we basically all agreed that running someone over on the way to somewhere is fine, but intentionally doing it is a cheap tactic. Though I do enjoy going on single player and running over my own team :p
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

The answer is NO. This is not considered a realistic tactic and it goes against the spirit of TG. Running people over is fine if they happen to be where you are driving, but driving in circles to run people over is not.

If you are on a one-man squad, you have lots of options:
      1. Enemy asset destruction
      2. Sniper
      3. Tag along with another squad and support them with AT or repairs or something
      4. Solo anti-air/anti-armor
      5. Solo flag defense - pick an otherwise undefended flag and defend it for your team - a little C4 can go a long way in slowing down squads trying to quick-cap a flag
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Those are great options Icky +rep.

I presonally go with the:
        2. Sniper/Spotter
        3. Tag along as extra medic

Comment

Extra medic is a good one.
          Asset defense is also very good if you are against a team that like to threaten your team assets.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by delphi00
            One of my best experiences: turning a corner to see an AT alone since he's lagging behind in his squad. So I dash straight for him in my car, then he sees me and turns to point his AT launcher at me but I keep on going...I wait...I wait...I wait for him to fire the rocket. There it is! The rocket is coming fast and closing on me, so I quickly tap the 'D' key and I jerk my car a little to the right, the rocket narrowly misses me, seeing it fly by me to the left and hearing it swoosh by through my headphones. I then re-correct my path and run him over, turn my car around right after that, and backstab his whole squad.

Awesome.
            It's amazing to me that people are proud of, even post, examples of near perfect anti-Tactical Gamer activity on our servers.

Comment

But in my defence, what would you have done if you were in a jeep and you were against an AT? I'm sure you would die if you stopped teh jeep since the rocket would hit you, if you jump out of the jeep, better get a good shot on him before you get hit by the guided missle.

Again, this is the reason I posted this since I felt that there just might be against TG.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X