The pistol.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pistol.

Such an underused weapon, and ironically, sometimes when it's used it's the worst tool for the job. At close range the pistol is a dangerous weapon when used properly. The accuracy of a pistol is affected less while moving than all the other small arms in the game. If fired quickly while moving, this gun is, IMO, is almost the equal of an SMG at short range. In the hands of peeps like Bhack or Robocop, it's probably better than an SMG at close range. At midrange the pistol is still a potent weapon. It's accuracy is perfect at that range, and you can still get a lot of hits while moving. If movement and cover are used, and you get a high enough rate of fire, the pistol can actaully give some pretty good bursts of suppresion fire at this range. I think it's partly because it can be mistaked for a rifle or SMG when used like that. At this range, the time it takes for someone to reload is enough time to kill with a pistol, though at mid-range, it's much better to fire at someone who isn't looking at you. At long range you can get some pot shots off if folks aren't looking at you and have good success with it, but don't get in direct confrontations with rifles at that range. It can also be used as suppression fire at this range to some effect.

The pistol is the worst small arms weapon at CQB. In fact, the knife is a better weapon at CQB. Heck, the knife may even be better than an SMG at CQB when used properly. Unless you have a silenced pistol and aren't seen, a pistol should never be used in CQB.

A good tip at any range is to occasionally sprint for small spurts, stop or slow to regular speed and take some shots. The pistol is amazingly accurate while you move which allows you to be much more elusive. Use cover, sprint occosionally, prone for a brief sec and quick crouches are awesome tools to be elusive. Practice using these tools to achieve maximum effect and you take advantage of the strenghts of the pistol. When honed, this can often more than make up for the lack of firepower.

So just remember, the pistol is a great weapon and a trusty friend..... just use it in the proper situations and try to maximize it's strengths while minimizing it's lack of firepower. I would love to hear anymore pistol tips anyone has, please post em if you got em ;)

Re: The pistol.

Early Karkand yesterday. I was prone at the Square. You rushed in, knifed two of my squad members and made a lunge for me. I used the pistol and put 3 in your jaw. :D

It's nice when you're prone quietlly in a bush, no barrels sticking it. It was almost as if you didn't see me, even though I was directly infront of you and watched both knifings.

Wish I hadnt deleted that screenshot.

Comment

I knew someone was there, but I wasn't sure if you were looking at me. The other two were close so I killed them first. Had you not been looking, you would have been next :) As it was, had that knife hit you in the face instead of whever the game said it hit, you'd have been dead anyway. Guess it was just a bad shot on my part. Either way, that was some great shootin on your part, and had you a rifle or SMG, you may have been able to save one of your pals. ;)

Comment

Yeah i was one of the victims, i didt want to fire the full auto aka when Fps_doug was right by my teammate so i did wait a few sec's and before i knew it I was biting the dust: reading Fps_douglas [knife] fighter10101

Comment

Originally posted by FPS_Douglas
          you may have been able to save one of your pals. ;)
          I use a SAW, and ping 250. I would probably have ended up killing all three of you... :row__573:

Comment

Originally posted by fighter10101
            Yeah i was one of the victims, i didt want to fire the full auto aka when Fps_doug was right by my teammate so i did wait a few sec's and before i knew it I was biting the dust: reading Fps_douglas [knife] fighter10101
            You got me with a knife shortly after that tho in a great play. I think I saw you piss your clip into a couple of team mates and you then split my skull with a knife. Fun stuff ;)

Comment

Pistol does indeed rock, i dont get why more people dont use it. You can also use it while side stepping in your iron sights--its just as accurate, and of course you're slightly harder to hit. If you are about 20 meters away and the enemy is prone, go prone yourself and put 3 shots into him. All of them will either hit his head or his chest. Either way, hes dead very quickly.

I also (of course) agree with what ya said about the knife. Often times its the best CQB weapon. If you're sneaky, you can usually get 2 kills on a squad without any of them flinching, and sometimes more. If you used your gun, they would all turn around and twitch you, and you might not have even got any of them. Only use it though if you feel confident with it, because it does take some practice to know in which situations a gun is better, or if the knife is better.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS_Douglas
                You got me with a knife shortly after that tho in a great play. I think I saw you piss your clip into a couple of team mates and you then split my skull with a knife. Fun stuff ;)
                Yeah i got my revenge,arrrgh lol :) my screenhot from that night can be found on this thread :
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/450938-post5.html

I just tried pistol tactics today: I shot 2-3 shots from medium distance, hit 1-2 and rushed with my AKA on full auto. when we got to close combat he was already tenderized and i got him down in a sec, thx for the info on the pistol FpS Doug, from now on its my best friend on the battlefield.

Comment

I fall back on my pistol when I'm in a bind. I, like Shafik use the SAW or the MEC or Chinese equivelant. I've never actually killed anyone with the pistol. I have hit them with it and I'm usually disengaging and flaling back for cover if I've resorted to the pistol. I mainly use it to supress while I find cover to reload or let my barrel cool.

I've only also gotten one kill with a knife and it was a fluke. I happened to spawn behind someone and I knifed him as he was trying to take our flag. Other than that, anytime I attempt to use the knife or pistol it ends up with me looking at the belly of a UAV.

[volun][drill]
                  I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

The real killers are the silenced pistols. Using them from a distance or sneaking up can really cause some havoc.

Comment

Silent pistols are a whole other animal :)

Comment

Just keep in mind the MEC pistol's sights are way too low and you have to compensate by aiming about 2-3 millimeters lower than what you want to hit

Comment

Once I before I became part of TG, I saw on BF2s.com that I could get my silver pistol badge if I killed like 7 or 13 guys in a round. So I go find a SF pubbie that looked interesting and play as a SF guy, well I finished the round with like 20 kills with the pistol, and a couple of other kills with nades and the SCAR-L and like 3 or 4 deaths which for me at the time was amazing. The silenced pistol in the dark maps of SF is one of the most deadly things because you can't be heard and if they don't have night vision on they can't see you and even if they do have night vision on it is pretty hard to see you, especially if one of my teamates just threw a flashbang.
                          -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

The silenced pistol is one of the most fun weapons in the game. Sometimes for chuckles when I'm a sniper I'll run around with my pistol out. The thing about the pistol is you can fire it very quickly without losing a lot of accuracy, and there's not a lot of recoil with it. Don't bother going prone, just drop into a croutch, aim at their head and and start popping off shots as fast as you can. Very effective against the AK-101 because it becomes so inaccurate in full auto fire so quickly (if you can duck beneith the first couple of bullets you'll win the fight).

Comment

I love being sniper and using the pistol. It's so effective. it kind of makes u feel cool, too. I've noticed u doing the same recently, Douglas.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X