Commanding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanding

I just commanded a round of strike at karkand and it was a blast, we were able to pick up from a significant ticket spread. I had a few questions though.

When I scan do those dots represent enemy units no matter what?

When I UAV does it pick up anything under the scan or can it be hidden from? (I want to know this for myself too)

Does the supply show up just like medpacks do on enemy radar? (Why would you put that in a game...sheesh)

And what are the times (in minutes) for all the command functions?

Thanks bunches.

Re: Comming

Yup. What little red dot you see represents an enemy. Whether its a guy hoofing it or someone in a tank or helo.

The UAV only pics up what is directly under it's arc. The circle that is around the UAV represents what your men can see. Whatever is highlited by the arc is what they are going to be shooting at. Everything else is hidden.

I'm not sure about the medpacks though.

And the little icons represent what kits your soldiers are playing. The cross is a medic, the MG on a tripod is support, crosshair is a sniper and so on.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Re: Commanding

I've been playing around with it all night, I've learned alot of new things.

Thanks alot.

Comment

An important thing to remember is that the scan also shows wounded enemies. Because of this, you should never drop an arty strike just because you saw a bunch of red dots in one location. Zoom in and make sure your teamates didnt kill them all, and then drop the arty.

UAV, though, only shows healthy guys that arent wounded and dead.

Comment

Huh? If you're wounded you don't show up the UAV?

Comment

He means 'Critically wounded' as in people who are shot 'dead' but are still revivable. People who are 'dead' but can still be revivied show up on the Scan. Also, if you 'spot' Critically wounded they don't register (because they dont' have a kit at that time) and you'll get a ? and VO of 'Enemy Froces Spotted'.
            Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

I didn't know that about the critically wounded on the scan. Thanks.

[volun][drill]
              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

It's not all that apparent and can be quite annoying. I don't know how many times I've seen a scan show what looked like a squad walking into a horrible ambush when it turns out they've already killed the other guys. I try to zoom in when I see those situations to get a real head count before I start voip and spotting as a warning.
                Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
                  An important thing to remember is that the scan also shows wounded enemies. Because of this, you should never drop an arty strike just because you saw a bunch of red dots in one location. Zoom in and make sure your teammates didn't kill them all, and then drop the arty.

UAV, though, only shows healthy guys that aren't wounded and dead.
                  That has pissed me off to no end, especially when the situation is reversed. Tons of times I've seen a big group of red dots swarming a flag, but I hold back my arty because I still see blue and green dots mixed in with them. Then I zoom in and see all the friendlies are dead. This usually results in a lot of swearing, and arty that's too late to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Barracuda_Magoo
                    That has pissed me off to no end, especially when the situation is reversed. Tons of times I've seen a big group of red dots swarming a flag, but I hold back my arty because I still see blue and green dots mixed in with them. Then I zoom in and see all the friendlies are dead. This usually results in a lot of swearing, and arty that's too late to help.
                    I usually drop the arty anyway and get on VOIP to the squads trying to defend the flag that they have artillery inbound on their position. They usually scatter a bit as they hear it coming down.

[volun][drill]
                    I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...