UCB - driving to destroyable assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCB - driving to destroyable assets

Wanted to get general feeling / clarification of the TG way truth and light :-)

In operation clean sweep, and others, you can arrive at the enemy UCB with a limited vehicle (e.g. a boat) and need to go a long way in between assets you wish to blow up. Is it always always always bad form to get in an enemy unused vehicle to get between these assets, and if your arrival means of transport eventually blows up do you swim home?

Re: UCB - driving to destroyable assets

Related question: Are you allowed to kill other players on your way between assets? Or are you only allowed to kill them if they see you and start shooting?
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
      Related question: Are you allowed to kill other players on your way between assets? Or are you only allowed to kill them if they see you and start shooting?
      I believe the rule is "Do not fire unless fired upon"

Comment

Originally posted by raymanfu
        Wanted to get general feeling / clarification of the TG way truth and light :-)

In operation clean sweep, and others, you can arrive at the enemy UCB with a limited vehicle (e.g. a boat) and need to go a long way in between assets you wish to blow up. Is it always always always bad form to get in an enemy unused vehicle to get between these assets, and if your arrival means of transport eventually blows up do you swim home?
        You may steal transport vehicles such as Jeeps, Vodniks, and Boats from a UCB. Choppers, armor and jets are not acceptable transport vehicles. The only purpose for using one of these vehicles is for Transport to the assets and also out of the UCB.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by XS-StrikeEagle
          I believe the rule is "Do not fire unless fired upon"
          Correct. I like to further expand to: Do not engage anyone in a UCB area where people are spawning. If you are inside the spawning area, just run away. If you get chased out, engage as needed to make your escape. From an enforcement point-of-view, if I spawn and immediately get killed by you in my UCB, you are going to find yourself off of the server within seconds. Take appropriate action to prevent that. ;)

The only exception to the engagement rule is the enemy commander. If you stumble upon his hiding place, you should do the right thing and kill him with your knife before leaving the UCB.

The question of vehicles is more difficult. We don't want people going into enemy UCBs to steal the vehicles within, but we accept that you need transportation to make an escape. Grab a boat or a jeep and run when your mission is complete. You are allowed to grab a tank, but I always prefer to see people taking fast vehicles if they are available. Taking a vehicle without going after the assets is not allowed, so if you get caught in an enemy tank and the assets are not down, you will be in trouble.

I suppose I should just say "Read the rules", but you've got a little bit of MY view of the rules. :)
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Just to clarify, you are allowed to take say a buggy from the enemy UCB if your means of getting to the UCB in the first place is unavaliable?
            |TG| Lorian
            Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
              Just to clarify, you are allowed to take say a buggy from the enemy UCB if your means of getting to the UCB in the first place is unavaliable?
              You are allowed to leave the UCB in a buggy from the UCB.

Comment

Ok, the only reason to enter the UCB is to destroy Commander assets. If you are then fired upon, you may try to defend yourself by firing back, but only in order to allow yourself to escape with your team. You should not be in the UCB trying to blow up the UAV, and have 2 support guys firing at anything that moves. Engage if engaged, but only to escape. If you need a tank to make it safely out of the UCB, then take the tank when you have destroyed the assets. Don't hop in the tank to then neutralize any threats to you in the UCB.

Comment

Can we camp next to an asset so that we can destroy it again if it gets repaired by a supply crate? Does this matter if the asset is IN the UCB or not?

Comment

Originally posted by delphi00
                    Can we camp next to an asset so that we can destroy it again if it gets repaired by a supply crate? Does this matter if the asset is IN the UCB or not?
                    You are allowed to stay in a UCB to make sure that the assets stay down. This is explained in our rules.
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                    | for | |

Comment

Players acting within their commander's authorization MAY attack structures (UAV Trailer, Radar Dish & Artillery) within the enemy UCB, vehicles within the UCB are OFF LIMITS.
                      There seems to be no clarification in the rules about the use of enemy UCB vehicles as getaway vehicles. The only clarification is that you are not allowed to destroy the vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot
                        You may steal transport vehicles such as Jeeps, Vodniks, and Boats from a UCB. Choppers, armor and jets are not acceptable transport vehicles. The only purpose for using one of these vehicles is for Transport to the assets and also out of the UCB.

Lucky Shot
                        I think the rules are pretty explicit. They indicate that vehicles are off limits. Off limits means, at least to my former military mind, exactly that--- off limits as in: You cannot touch this at all.

UCB Assaults
                        ...vehicles within the UCB are OFF LIMITS.
                        Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

Well, I think that the rule means that the commander can tell your squad to attack and destroy structures, and it was saying that destroying vehicles within the UCB is prohibited, which we all understand. Now there seems to be confusion on the main question posted in this thread. Read icky's post above.

Comment

Seems the use of vehicles to escape is missing from our official rules. For now, you can trust my comments above as being the correct interpretation. It is my best recollection of the end of the last discussion on the topic.

Vehicles are off-limits for destruction/mining/C4, but not as a means of escape.
                            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

So now I'm confused-- where in the rules then does it say I can't steal, say, an APC to escape, if that's the only means available (or if they are chasing me with an APC).
                              Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X