Medics are medics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medics are medics.

Medic are medics who should revive EVERYONE. Of all servers, there are little quirks that I don't exspect to happen on a tactical server, not reviving people outside a said medic's own squad is one. I just think that all medics should, not put themselves more in danger, but stop and revive down teammates as they would in real war. I know a medics squad comes first, but if everyone in your squad is alright but some other teammate is down you must revive them, especially when there is no danger to you. Please revive all teammates!
    Yes
    84.21%
    Sometimes
    14.74%
    There are other people? Wow.
    1.05%
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Re: Medics are medics.

Yeh, or you are badly wounded and a medic is running behind you, but doesnt give you any signs that he IS behind you...

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

If we are say defending a flag or even attacking a flag, If I am close or can get to you I will revive or heal you. First duty is to your SL and your squad but damn, help all the brothers out when you can. If they call for help and I can get to you, I'll be there.
      Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

The few times I have tried to play medic I was kept busy trying to revive all who popped up on my mini map. I do the same thing when I play support.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
          This happens for the same reason that:

This all stems back to the fact that people don't check their minimap nearly enough. As a medic, I just look or any red spots on my minimap, check that the area is clear, and drop med packs and make revives as needed. The same goes for all other 'services' shown on the minimap.
          Looking forward to see "Chasing an engi"....LOL.

I just use the 3dworld when i'm medic, i only look at minimap for locations of SLs and SMs. And of course the enemy when we've got a UAV overhead.

I dont put myself at risk when on TG for anyone who isn't in my squad...i wont run across a road covered with infantry to revive you when your squad's medic should be there. I am no use to my SL if i die, if there isn't much risk then i will of course help out to keep the whole Team on their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Thierry
            Yeh, or you are badly wounded and a medic is running behind you, but doesnt give you any signs that he IS behind you...
            That's your responsability. Ask for a medic and you'll get icons for all the medics on the map, turn around and you'll see said medic with a red cross above his head.

I play medic most of the time and I am not going to chase some guy around because he's hurt and risk getting myself killed.

Comment

I do, because the goal is to win the game, and saving tickets is a pretty big part of that. Plus, it's just the nice thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                Originally posted by Thierry
                That's your responsability. Ask for a medic and you'll get icons for all the medics on the map, turn around and you'll see said medic with a red cross above his head.

I play medic most of the time and I am not going to chase some guy around because he's hurt and risk getting myself killed.
                Exactly what I was about to post...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I mostly play Medic and here is my theory on it....

If there is an intese firefight, I'll revive the down players that are withing my squad first.
                  God help you if you are a Medic in Bommando's squad and you don't revibe him !! LOL :)

If there is someone that is down on my way to a fallen squadmate, I'll get him up on the way.

Another thing, if someone goes down, you just don't go running out there to revive him and risk being taken out yourself. be cautious when going to revive someone .... While yes, this is a game where you want to save tickets, if you get taken out in the process of reviving someone because you just want to "RAMBO" out there and pick your fallen comrade up, that is another ticket lost.

Another point that is brought up in the above posts .... USE YOUR COMMO ROSE !!
                  If you are hurt .. REQUEST HELP !
                  If there are bullets flying ... I keep my head down ..... If I hear " REQUESTING A MEDIC " I'll look at my Mini-Map to see where the call is coming from BUT, if it means leaving my squad while either Assulting or Defending .... it won't happen ..... That's why YOUR squad should have a medic.
                  But, If I am nearby, I'll help you out.
                  |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                  [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

I usually choose the medic kit whenever I'm not sniping and my SL doesn't request something else. And, I don't always go reviving everyone I see down on my minimap or my hud.

That's not to say I never do so. I'll go over and see what I can do for anyone down within ~15m of me at any time. If my squad is in a firefight, I generally try to stay near my SL in case he or she goes down; then, I'll see what I can do for anyone within ~20m of my SL. If my SL is in no immediate danger, I'll venture out and revive anyone who I think I can make it to before their body disappears. (That means being observant and knowing when they got wounded, how far they are from your current position, and how long it'll take you to get over there.)

And, lastly, the order of priority goes: (1) my SL; (tied for 2 depending on how far they are away from my current position and the particular circumstances) my SMs and other SLs; and (3) other squad's SMs.

Comment

A medic should revive everyone possible within reason regardless of squad membership.
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Yep, but I think the question is how do you spell out your description "within reason"?

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
                          A medic should revive everyone possible within reason regardless of squad membership.
                          You typed it wrong, put it in TG grammer: "A medic should revive everyone possible within reason regardless of TG SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP.

Ed

[cross][conduct]
                          Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

My only concern with reviving people outside my squad is I've had this happen to me more than once:

Our entire squad gets wiped out, we decide to respawn on the other side of the map. I get revived, and now have to spend 3 minutes trying to catch up with the rest of my squad. BF2 needs a revive dialog like you get in MMORPGs.

Comment

I drop ammo packs for members of squads outside of my own. If I can get to you I will. I've run up the sides of mountains just to give people ammo who were not in my squad.

I do see where you are coming from though. I've been downed and called out for a medic and noticed one nearby who was not in my squad and was not revived. I've even chased medics around that are not in my squad because I'm hurt and my medic is not around.

[volun][drill]
                              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...