commanding the less skilled team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commanding the less skilled team

last night i was commanding MEC. USMC was full of TG "superstars" who just walked through every defended flag. As the game went on and we was down to only 2 flags they defended our 2 squad assalts on a cp with 4 or 5 guys.

My question is....when you are obviously commanding the less skilled team what changes to your stratigys and tatics would you recomend to give your team the best chance to win.

And im not talking about when the other teams has just a couple more skilled players, im talking about when they have MANY MANY more.

any thoughts?

Re: commanding the less skilled team

Originally posted by phenom880
    last night i was commanding MEC. USMC was full of TG "superstars" who just walked through every defended flag. As the game went on and we was down to only 2 flags they defended our 2 squad assalts on a cp with 4 or 5 guys.

My question is....when you are obviously commanding the less skilled team what changes to your stratigys and tatics would you recomend to give your team the best chance to win.

And im not talking about when the other teams has just a couple more skilled players, im talking about when they have MANY MANY more.

any thoughts?
    Well, when I was CO, which was infrequent, I would pull everyone back, and start small.

From the UCB:

Take the next flag
    Keep your arty repaired
    Get my best pilots in the air
    Get the armor rolling

That sort of thing.

Then, I would use 2 squads on each objective: one to assault, the other to flank. Let the SLs know what you are doing, and get the two squads to work together.

Also, you know you can ask teams to reorganize, right? If I have a few name players on one squad, I might ask them to break squad, and take SL of other squads. That would get my best men (or women) leading the game.

Comment

any thoughts?
      I was on MEC... Sowwy :(

Comment

Originally posted by Bhack
        I was on MEC... Sowwy :(
        lol, i didnt even mention a map.although i think the mec got ran over all night.

Comment

Sometimes, you just have to accept that one team is stronger than the other. Try to control 2 CP's no matter what, and work from there. If you get pinned down to one CP or your UCB, you are probably going to be unable to move, so don't let that happen.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

lol, i didnt even mention a map.although i think the mec got ran over all night.
            Not when it switched to dragon valley and we became the chinese! Me and bodofooko ran over the american dogs with our choppering!

Comment

Did you have any 1-3 man squads? Join them together, tell them to join together. Sometimes it is nice to have a lot of pieces, but when you down and trying to slug it out you want 3-4 full squads and maybe 1-2 2 man squads to hit the back positions. I was a 1 man squad that game watching as you took the backyard. I got over 15 kills from pinging with the m16.

Understand the map, the backyard is a great point because it spawns armor, but it is a PITA to defend, its in the valley with a high hill on two sides. Buildings and the superior at defense Mosque area to the North. To many people were spawning there and just getting eaten by the crossfire.

What to do if your team is not as skilled as the other. The best way is to make sure you hold the stronger flags, dig in and defend and on Mashtur make sure there is a medic or two in each squad. Have 1 small squad do nothing but try to cap undefended flags. Personally I would go with a Support and Spec Ops with the spec ops C4ing the flag ( and being SL) then taking cover while the support tries to take it. If they find your support and kill him blow the c4 and take one or two with him then move on.

Pick and choose where you fight. Use superior numbers, group 3 squads to push a flag. Remind all your people to keep the vehicles up and manned. I noticed a lot of scattered assaults of one squad rolling in with a vehicle and getting slaughtered by the small defense then not 60 seconds later another squad would come up, if they had attacked together we would have been overrun.

Az
              [age-c1][command]

Comment

I understand your point about the backyard but when your down you gotta take what you can get.
                Another thing i notice is when your down to one flag, people wanna defend it defend it defend it now matter what the orders are. Thats the worst thing you can do in my opinion, your going to be pinned down in no time and have arty rained apon you , chances are if your down to one flag your down on tickets as well , by moving out as fast as you can and trying for other flags your at least giving yourself a chance to win.

Another thing might be a lil off topic but i see it alot when im COing, lets say i have a squad of 6 going to assault a flag with say 8 enemy and i tell the sl imma losing um up with arty before they move in. My arty kills 6 of um .The squad should should start moving in at the end of the arty barage to clean up the rest and turn that flag before they guys that my arty killed respawn, timing for this is key.I see alot of sqauds waiting way to long to move in by that time the guys that got my arty have respawned and makes it alot harder than it should be to take that flag.

Comment

When you have the team that obviously is much less skilled than the opponent you have to figure out what each squad is good at and which is your best one. Whichever your best squad is, have them do the most important tasks like attacking or defending an important CP. Put the squads you have less faith in on flags you could live with not having. It is possible to win with the less skilled team, but usually only if the enemy doesnt have a CO or has a CO that gives the same order to the entire team.

As much as possible try to out maneuver them so you take lightly defended flags as opposed to well defended flags. If your up against the enemy CO that likes to send every squad to one flag, its really easy to do this.

If your up against a good CO to boot, then just try to do what Icky said and keep at least 2 flags. Try to make it at least fun for the team so they dont get absolutly raped.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
                    If your up against a good CO to boot, then just try to do what Icky said and keep at least 2 flags. Try to make it at least fun for the team so they dont get absolutly raped.

That would be my main goal in that situation.

Comment

Yeah just assign half your team to each CP so they stand a chance and just have fun, who cares about the actual outcome of the map.

Comment

I'd like to echo these comments and add communication to the list. Constantly communicate to them what the other squads are doing, where the contacts are going to be hitting from, and remind them that they have jet and helo support if they're available.

Comment

Communicate like Roach said. Just keep talking to your squad. Make sure they know to stick close to the SL. Let them know of enemy positions, headings, armor, air. If you have a plan explain it to them. Tell them exactly where and how to move.

[volun][drill]
                          I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Santa hit on a point that I think was glossed over. That's identifying the lightly defended flags and have someone move out and grab it. Once you start to flip back flags, it eases pressure on your initial flag.

A quick squad can snag 2 or 3 flag making that one flag, a moot point.

Lucky Shot

Comment

If things look bad, and we're at an obvious disadvantage, I'll usually grab just enough flags to stop bleed, and defend. Create bottle necks, didvide men evenly between a small number of flags. Many guys per flag. Force the Enemy into attacking over and over. Take them down with kills. eventually, someone will get cocky and decide to send evreyone to one of your flags, at which point you can send a Fast Attack squad to an enemy back flag.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X