C4 inside flag a viable tactic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 inside flag a viable tactic?

Do you think placing C4 inside a CP's flag is a viable tactic on the TG servers, before I came to TG it was a pretty standard rule on almost every public server yet TG still allows it (even though C4 cars are out of the question on the TG server).
    Yes
    88.33%
    No
    11.67%
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Re: C4 inside flag a viable tactic?

You say "yet TG still allows it," which indicates to me that you think something is wrong with using C4 to defend a flag. What do you think is wrong?
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

C4 cars are frowned upon because 99% of the time it results in a suicide. C4 on the flag, though, does not result in a suicide. On defense, its simply a last resort option. The attacking squad should not be stupid enough to place their entire squad on the flag, regardless if they see C4 or not. Generally C4 merely slows people down and gives the defense time to regroup. More often than not, someone volunteers to get the flag neutral, blows up from the C4, and then the medic rushes in and revives.

Comment

you mean when you put it on the 'cement block' at the base of the flagpole? (for some reason the c4 disappears into the concrete)...

Comment

It is fine, and it is silly to compare it to suicide jeeps.

Defending a flag with C4 is a great idea, and knowing how to deal with traps like that is an important skill for a good squad.

Here's a way to think of Dice's "bug" as realistic:
          Imagine the base of the flagpole is surrounded by a cement block and that the defenders are lifting it to pack C4 underneath it. It isn't something you can see easily, so if you lay down next to it, you are taking your chances.

Side note:
          viable - capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
            Side note:
            viable - capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately
            It also means being capable of living outside the uterus. So people, can C4 live outside the uterus in a TG server?

Comment

It requires skill, timing, and knowledge of your surroundings. It's also not as hard as some people think to avoid being blown up - the flag capture radius is huge, and even the most minimal of cover will prevent damage from C4 explosions.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity
                It requires skill, timing, and knowledge of your surroundings. It's also not as hard as some people think to avoid being blown up - the flag capture radius is huge, and even the most minimal of cover will prevent damage from C4 explosions.
                Thats why you put 3 on each flag! and hide them!!!

[cross][conduct]
                Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Much as I know it'll never stop, I wish people would quit using C4 on the flag as a tactic. In my eyes it's pretty much a cheap shot. I wish EA/DICE would have enabled the SpecOps guys to pick up C4 packs, or at least disarm them.
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                    I wish EA/DICE would have enabled the SpecOps guys to pick up C4 packs
                    I'm expecting this in the 1.3 patch. It was supposed to be in 1.2 but they said it wasn't ready in time.

Comment

Surely if someone went and picked it up, the person who had put it there would set it off. Or if they were no longer there it wouldn't go off anyway
                      |TG| Lorian
                      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
                        Surely if someone went and picked it up, the person who had put it there would set it off. Or if they were no longer there it wouldn't go off anyway
                        Think of it as the Spec Ops disarms the C4, then picks it up.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

C-4 on the flag is one of my favorite tactics. I really can't see how it can be considered cheap. I'll C-4 a flag whenever I am ordered to defend. I like to C-4 flags even if my squad is leaving. If the flag turns, BOOM.

As for hiding them ALL, I dont like that method. I hide 2 or 3 C-4s, then place one right out in the open on the other side of the capture radius. The enemy avoids the one they can see and goes over to the side with the hidden C-4. BOOM.

"Looks like I got myself some gasoline, eh, eh, eh-hey?"
                          "Booby trapped. Touch those tanks and BOOM."
                          Any guesses?
                          Only the dead have seen the end of war.
                          -Plato

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster1
                            I really can't see how it can be considered cheap.
                            The reason I consider it cheap is because the Spec Ops guy (and by association, his squad) doesn't have to actively defend the flag. Once the C4 is down, they could leave the flag entirely, or be drawn into a distraction fight away from the flag. Then once the flag turns gray and the mistake is discovered, they just blow the C4 and all is right as rain again.

I know the tactic will be used forever, so I'm not going to get pissed about it. I'd just rather see the weapon set up for clever uses instead of this. "Alright Bob, there's the flag. Go die so that we can capture it," takes a bit away from the fun factor for me.
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Whattup Smoking.

I agree its a cheap tactic, but its a cheap tactic that is "real world". Just like punji pits, suicide bombers, and IEDs, its a part of war. We're not going to start applying the Geneva convention to our fights, are we? B/c in that case, you can't use .50 cal autos against infantry.
                              Only the dead have seen the end of war.
                              -Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...