Assigning roles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning roles?

What do you guys think about assigning one or two (if you have a 6 player squad) as the Vehicle People. Those people would be responsible for everything involving vehicles:

Destruction- AT Kit, Engineer Kit
    Defense- Engineer
    Repair- Engineer

That person or people would swich back and forth as needed and keep everything repaired, including commander assets.

How about assigning somebody as defense and attack when dealing with flags? One person has a specific role when taking a flag to, well, kill. Another has the role to get down defences, such as C4 and mines to instantly protect the taken flag against attack.

Re: Assigning roles?

Um....I'm not sure I understand. The kit is usually assigned by the SL, so if I ask you to go SpecOps, then you are going to be responsible for C4 on the flag. If I ask you to go AT, you will be the one hurting incoming armor. And etc. The roles are already pretty well in place according to each kit, so what exactly do you mean?
    [age-c1][tog-c1][tg-c1][ma-c2][medic]
    [command][at][conduct][tpf-c1]

Comment

I like what your saying Black death5. It has given me ideas that i'm sure has already been brought forth. How about squads that are strictly one kit. For example a 6 member medic squad that has one or two of its members attach to varous six member assult squads. their purpose is to stay in the middle of the squad (without communication, if they watch the six and die no one will know) an keep everybody healthy. With the added smoke gernades they will be more relaible to revive rather than lose another ticket. It would require good communication between SL and CO to have the medics spawn at the approitat flags. the medic would need to be disiplined and stick with the squad leader so that the squad they are helping stays up. Think how tigth it would be to have a medic sq leader backing up a 6 member squad and having all of his teammates dieing around and requesting that his next medic that dies to spawn on him and help clean up the mess around him.
      A engineer squad would provide a similar function. If something goes wrong with a bridge or somthing the squad leader will see this on their map, and tell the approiate personell to engae the problem.

Here is a differnt idea.
      With the loss of the scanner and radar CO abilities (my favorite mod change) squads holding positions can be over ran by well disciplined and patient flankers. We need one squad watching the flanks of all the flags . I'm not talking about being on a hill 60 meters away from a flag here. I talking about being on the cusp of being out of bounds, our a geographical location that impedes enemy progress, with of course a clear view for relaying intell to your squad leader who relays to CO who relays to the squad defending the flag. The sniper, support and special forces kits are good for these roles. these players will need to be really disiplined themselves. They need to be patient getting to their position. Maybe they can do a H.A.L.O. High altitude low opening jump to their position by their SL in a tranpsort chopper. and remember not to have their body contrast against the horizon. Once in positoin, the trail watcher will need to make very little movement, set up claymores, and c4 in a area that will be most likly taken be taken by the enemy (their kill zone). Remember the player does not need to focus on their six because the enemy would need to go out of bounds. With that, you never know if you are being stalked on the Battlefield. Furthermore the recon player would need to be further disiplined by not opening fire on a enemy squad. Doing so would only give your position away and tip the enemy off that their suprise attack has been made useless, thus making them unpredictable. Plus they would hunt you down thus ending a good intell position. Let them think everything is rosie. Besides a medic would most likly revive your kill/s any way. Instead wait for the squad to set up for their attack and try to get in behind their squad leader and take him out after they begin their attack, thus taking out their spawn point. At the very least, keep relaying important intell to your SL. With the intell relayed to the defending squad they will set up their own kill zone when the enemy seige begins. ( i think it would be tight to have the snipers have more claymors, and give the special forces guys one or two claymores, plus a mine or two. If need be both kits can lose pistol amo to make up for the added gear. at the very least a couple more smoke gernades to help them escape and evade if found by the enemy )
      the recon soilder will need to keep an eye on the sky for transports hugging the map border. They will have the ability to request a gunship to engage vehicle flankers; request tank rounds in certain positions. ( do miss the arty in mod. Without the scanner and rader the arty kills would be way more respectabe, plus it would give one more tool for the recon soilder to use. Maybe if we get rid of the silly spotting feature and rely more on using depth perception and estimation, arty will make a return) They can even provide great intell if the flag below is taken and can keep a watch on the enemy movments below.
      There are many variations to these special recon squads. A good SL will need to make those calls.
      i think it would be swell to name these squads LRPs in honor of the Longe Range Reconnisence Patrol 6 men squads that provdied a critical task of intel relaying far from friendly camps during the Vietnam Conflict. Granted these men stayed together and did not break up. In the future maps will be much larger, TG will need to be ahead of the curve and begin training for such variables. These squads will be very important in the constant need for intell on a very large map.
      Thanks TG for a great gaming experiance!!!!
      Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 05-03-2006, 12:38 PM.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

I often start a medic squad when all squads are full or locked. They really aren't that effective unless you're on a city map (like Sharqi or Karkland). And, the larger they get the more resources it seems that the team is wasting. The problem is that there's not any easy way to communicate between squad leaders. So other squads don't end up having their medics switch to another class. So there ends up being too many medics. Why would you need 3 medics for a 6 man squad on a map like zatar? A 6 man medic squad is going to be a waste on team resources unless the CO can somehow get all the squads to coordinate really well (i.e. any squad with a medics attached shouldn't have any of their own medics etc..) But even then, it's less effective. When the entire 6 man squad gets together, they're going to be pretty ineffecient at doing anything (except in a purely infantry battle).

The other problem is that it's much harder to stick with an assigned squad if it's not your own. This is so since you can't see what the squad's orders are. You don't know where they'll respawn if they all die. And they're not going to wait for you if they all pile into vehicles to move somewhere.

A 3 man medic squad is pretty effective, I think, on Sharqi and Karkland. The strategy isn't to split up and follow around assigned squads to provide an extra medic, but rather to stick together, go where the action is hottest, and revive everyone you can.

This is really all I can say based on experience. I do like the idea, it just doesn't work out as well in practice than in theory.

Comment

good points sordavie, There would diffently need to be a lot of communicatoin with the CO to relay messages to the medic SL. This would possible take up transmissoin space that would most likly be important. The seventh man would miss out on some fights if they die cause they will not have a spawn point near the assult squad leader. If this happens, the SL would tell one of his guys to go medic after the seventh man falls. How are they to know this? it is hard to miss a guy during a big fight when he cannot speak to you. If the assult squad is wiped out, then the medic will delay spawn in order to fall in ( either at the newly captured flag or a currently defended flag) the medic should not delay their spawn long cause that would hurt the team.
          A six man medic squad may work with thrity two players on a team. Anything less than that and your right, the medic squad would hurt the team. A good squad leader would need to know when to lock the squad and when to open it back up and invite other team mates. the transport chopper could doom the seventh man. Two jeeps would doom the seventh man. A hummer and jeep would work out. An APC and jeep would work out also. If an assult squad wants to pull out without thier medic so be. The medic will understand if there are no seats if everyone is alive at the time. They most likley will not respond well if they give the "hey, i need a ride!" and the squad pulls out with an extra spot avaliable in a ride with everybody spawned in.
          thanks to the push button dialog, the seventh man should get along o.k. with communication.
          They should not worry about were they are attacking, just keeping the squad alive.
          i agree that the medic squad would best be used in a heavy urban map were fighting is around every corner.
          Another issue will be the skill of the medic. They would need to be disiplined to stay back and keep the squad leader alive. (Maybe the assult team could have one medic. That way they can communicate with the rest of the team during tough fights and the seventh medic can stay back and protect the assult squad leader as he/she acts as a spawn point) Also they need to know when to throw smoke down to save a teammate and not get themselves killed.
          The three man clean up medic squad sounds logical. Go were the teamates are, communicate who is reviving who and go at it.
          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement