No announcement yet.

Spawn Camping at a non UCB?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn Camping at a non UCB?

If I remember correctly, when you're capturing an enemy base, and their flag is still up, they can still spawn there until it becomes neutral. The enemy decides to spawn at the base that you're in the process of taking. You kill him/her. Is it spawn camping?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Spawn Camping at a non UCB?

Well of course it's spawn camping. You already know that.

I don't think that's the answer you're really looking for. You're wanting to know "is this spawn camping acceptable?", right?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Yes, that's absolutely acceptable. You kill them or they kill you, what are you going to do? As long as you're taking the flag no one is going to complain about this.

Spawn camping or spawn raping as its called is:

"Killing players just as they spawn on a flag/spawn point while you have no real intention of getting that flag"

So if you are after the Hotel flag on karkand and you just killed a guy just as he spawned there, then its not spawnraping because you are after that flag.
        However, if you lie down with a machinegun in that alley just to kill people as they spawn, then that IS spawnraping.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
        BF2142 Names:
        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
        Dimi(NL) (Support)

While I know this is not the rule of the server, I really dont have a problem with 1 enemy camping anywhere (even at a spawn) because of the huge ammounts of spawning options your team has in BF2 that 1 player doesn't make much difference and can be easily spotted and removed by the team...

however if an entire enemy teams tactics is to camp every known spawn point... that is lame :)

but yer the server rules here have been stated above...
          "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
          "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

I know last night on Karkland near the Train accident, I was coming around a corner and players were spawning with their back to me. The first time, I shot went prone and shot one of them in a knee jerk type reaction. When i got back up, another person spawned the same way. That time, I just sprinted past them as that person had no situational awareness at that time and I would have considered it spawn camping. Of course, someone at the train accident killed me 3 seconds after running past that guy....oh well.
            |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

A similar situation I often find myself in as a SL is camping out while my SM's are taking a flag. Sometimes, while I'm on a roof or concealed away from the flag, I'll see an enemy spawn and start toward my squad. Of course I'll shoot them dead. I don't think that's unacceptable, you're squad is going for an objective.

Hell, if I'm defending a flag that's under heavy attack and my squad keeps dying I'll just say to heck with it, lets go spawn at a flag in friendly territory and try to flank around behind our flag that's at the front lines. So really, it's the players own fault that spawns in the middle of a firefight if they get smoked. In my opinion anyway.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed