Helo Assault Squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helo Assault Squad

So I was thinking the other day. A nice plan of attack with a huey would be to get a squad, have everyone hop into one of the helo's. Have a good pilot, and the two gunners (hopefully, good shooters). Then just have it filled up, go to a CB, have everyone except the gunners and pilot hop out, then the helo hover above it (dodging missles, etc. as necessary). While the ground troops capture the base, the helo with the gunners stand guard. Then just hop back in and go to another. Just a thought.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Helo Assault Squad

That worked when the Blackhawk guns were uber but they're completely useless now just like the MI-7 so that doesn't work anymore.

Comment

I saw that strategy all the time when the game first came out before the guns were nerfed like Kilrogg mentioned. The Blackhawk was so dominant with their miniguns. But they had to change it because it was unbalanced.

Comment

the best thing the Blackhawk is good for is H.A.L.O. jumps. high altidue low opening jumps. If the pilot can keep it stable, and the airborne partroopers are good, 6 enemy soilders can be on the flag real quick. But that is were Mantis and his C4 D squad comes in. "wow, i really did not even see the C4"
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

That tactic can still be used, but you need to get some ground support in first. Send in a 3 man squad to take out armour and any anti air dumps (or get your CO to order a jet bombing run to this effect) to clear out the dangerous hostiles. This way your helo can focus on anti-infantry manoeuvres.

Still hughely effetive but not overpowered anymore. Like other units it must be used in co-ordination with the rest of your team, but is no longer a win button.

Comment

Originally posted by -delta-
            Then just hop back in and go to another.
            Here is your problem. This doesn't happen on TG. 99% of the time after taking a flag you will have to defend it for a bit if not a long time. Since the blackhawk guns are basically useless this will require all your men to be on the ground helping out on defense. So I encourage you to think about ways to use blackhawks for quick insertions or through fireteam use but I don't think you will ever see an effective "helo assault" squad that roams around the map taking flags left and right. It just doesn't happen and every flag you leave could easily just be retaken without a proper defense.
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

How I like to use the hawk...

Pilot - Medic or Support
              Gunner (only need 1 to stay in cause the pilot will only focus on one side, also needs to know how to fly incase the pilot is shot out)- either medic or support (opposite of pilot)
              Passengers to include 1 engineer.... the rest can vary to skills but I do like haveing 1 special forces to take care of enemy assets...

While the blackhawk guns are nerfed, they arnt usless, you will still get infantry to run from a hawk gun and if the pilot can hold steady and keep the gunner the right direction they can give coverfire for your 4 men going for a flag...

it doesn't take long for 4 guys to turn a flag, the helo doesn't have to stay in flag range, after the insertion you can go back and circle... allow your guys to secure the area... lay moines c4 or claymores or whatever defence capables they had.... then after the original defenders are gone and you have an ok from the command load your boys back up... (look out for artillery strikes)

I prefer taking the helo squad to rear flags that the enemy neglects... you can eventually pin an enemy at a rather undefenceable middle flag that will cause them huge losses before they can break out and establish a rear flag again...

as said above tho... also dropping 2 troops from a high altitude on a rear flag works well... I actually like to send snipers on covert drops, cause they can get into a flag unnoticed, set up a 2 claymore defence each... and turn the flag.... the defenders will come to them when they notice the flag turn nutural and fall prey to the claymores... or even if they kill the snipers the claymores will be inplace for quite a while making up the deaths of your 2 snipers...

while doing these attacks the snipers should be proficient in the use of their pistols....
              "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
              "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis
                Here is your problem. This doesn't happen on TG. 99% of the time after taking a flag you will have to defend it for a bit if not a long time. Since the blackhawk guns are basically useless this will require all your men to be on the ground helping out on defense. So I encourage you to think about ways to use blackhawks for quick insertions or through fireteam use but I don't think you will ever see an effective "helo assault" squad that roams around the map taking flags left and right. It just doesn't happen and every flag you leave could easily just be retaken without a proper defense.

I thought about that afterwards, that there would be nobody to defend it. Which is a shame really. I suppose you could leave an anti-tank and a good sniper, but that would leave you with a one-man assault squad and two gunners.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

You could always helo in, cap the flag, and C4 the helo before you defend so the next guys have access to the chopper.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

:madsmile:
                    Originally posted by Kilrogg
                    That worked when the Blackhawk guns were uber but they're completely useless now just like the MI-7 so that doesn't work anymore.
                    :icon_roll Stick me behing a Black Hawk gun and I'll reak havoc! LOL
                    [TG-Irr]Vulcher
                    sigpic

Comment

The BH is extremely hard to accuratly hit anything with if its moving. Itsa bout as difficult as it is to hit anything with a .50 cal that is moving. If you are going to use the guns on the BH, they are best used stationary and used like a .50 cal on the hummer would be. For instance, in mashtuur you can defend the south gas station by putting the BH up on the hill to the south. From here you see 90% of the CP and can really use the gun effectivly, at least until an AT guy sees you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X