X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing the tactical library initiative

The Tactical Library

Over the past month i have been working to try and collate the information and guides provided in the Tactics and mission discussion forum into a user friendly resource on the tactical wiki. New members will be able to access the accumulated knowledge and experience of the full spectrum of experienced Battlefield 2 TGers without wading through the forum search.

It can be acessed through the link above or from the BF2 wiki homepage under Community Efforts.

Although the forum covers most aspects of gameplay many valuable resources are buried under cryptic titles and on page 11 of 15 etc. I believe the Tactical Wiki provides the perfect home for an easy access resource taking advantage of our knowledge pool and linking to all pertinent matter on a subject. The forum can be used for discussion and development and highlighting new theories and the wiki can be used to categorise and store what is developed.

At the moment it is not complete. There are still some formatting issues despite the best attempts of Perry to repair my bungling (appreciate the help mate). The infantry, vehicle and leadership sections are pretty comprehesive as they stand but combat actions has some gaps and weapons and squad types are pretty barren still.

Ive recently been dropping a few links to the "tactical library" (as i have unilaterally nicknamed it) around the forum but felt it was probably time to get a greater degree of community involvement. The wiki can be edited by all. Just ask one of the wiki sysops for priviledges and you can help forge this into a really comprehensive BF2 and TG resource.

You dont even need to write huge great tracts of text or wild, rambling screeds on a subject. Each section has a place for external links and further forum discussion. Adding these alone will give a great degree of depth and may point out something i have overlooked and needs inclusion.

So in conclusion i hope this is useful to you all. Check it out and see what you think, get stuck in and add in content and this can really be a great resource.

Also could the admins possibly include a sticky in this forum about putting the subject matter in the title of a thread. I cant count how many times i have searched for a subject such as artillery and found it buried on page 10 under a cryptic title such as "whoosh, kaboom!". Im sure that would be useful for those who are searching the tactics forum for useful info and not just myself. :D

Re: Announcing the tactical library initiative

Nice work, Jimmy :)
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Thankyou. Its your formatting which is stopping it turning into a gargantuan mess though. :)

Comment

Thanks gang.
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Now that is what I've been looking for since I started playing this game. AWESOME stuff!!!

Thanks Jimmy. (And to all the people whose threads made it possible).

Comment

Yep, its the Tgers who have written and contributed so much material that really need the thanks.

Comment

Nice work, I prefer the formatting of my guide in the wiki version due to the index, makes the sections much clearer.

Well done.

Comment

Feel free to change the formatting or change the way ive segmented it. It was a bit long to have in one page so i split it up. Its a great guide and the walkthroughs really make it easy to follow. Ive been assuming that since all guides and tips have been posted in the forum they are for public distribution but if anyone doesnt want their content to appear in there or wants anonymous attribution etc let me know.

I dont think thats going to be a problem though. Also any links to good stuff ive missed are appreciated.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X