Dropping Vehicles on Arty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping Vehicles on Arty

I was looking through the forums at totalbf2.com and came upon a post about commanders dropping vehicles on enemy arty. At first I was like big whoop but as I continued reading, the jeep or vehicle acutally lands and blows itself up and the arty. So its like dropping C4 on the assests. Now I havent been able to test this yet but if anyone reads this and is on the server right now. Check it out. If its possible it could be a form of an expliot I hope EA notices. I will post anything new when possible.

Re: Was scooping around

Well I tried it out right now and does not work. So thats good.

Comment

http://media.putfile.com/BF2-Patch-1...Destroy-Tactic :/
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo10qr1xuP8

It does work.. there's just certain pixels you have to aim for to make the car completely kill the arty. They say there's about 9 pixels to choose from for a Vodnik, but only 1 for a DPV. Killing tanks and such probably works on the same principle -- gotta get the car to hit the right spot so that it stays on the tank for long enough to cause enough damage to blow it up.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Well also i noticed the ARTY was set up. I drop the cars when they were laying down. so the cars would just slide off.

Comment

Re: Dropping Vehicles on Arty

I've seen cars destroy some objects like blackhawks and attack helos...

its all about exploiting a bug... I'd be surprised if this patch was ever playtested...
            "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
            "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

I dont see this being much of a problem on TG servers as the community seems pretty good at self regulating on issues like this. Its another exploit that pub world is going to have to put up with though.

Comment

If some CO wants to waste his time aiming vehicle drops at enemy artillery, go for it.
                • Dropping vehicles on artillery means less transportation for his squads.
                • Without boots on the ground defending the destroyed assets from engineers, they surely be repaired in quick order.
                • Tanks rarely sit still making them poor targets for a vehicle drop.
                • If he does manage to use the vehicle drop to destroy a tank, it will be immidiately apparent to many people and proper action will be taken.
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X