This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable C4 car uses?

I know in general, C4 on jeeps and the like is frowned upon because it generally leads to suicide. I totally agree with this, and can see why it is neccessary to maintain some order on the server. I help run and maintain a CoD2 Tac server, and we have many rules that are in place that while may limit tactical play, are there to prevent run and gunners from taking over the server. However, is it acceptable to use a C4 laiden Jeep or FAV to quickly knock out a "hot" bridge or strong point.

Imagine this:

You are defending Power Plant on Dragon Valley. As americans, you have the advantage of holding the two bridges. However, two Chines squads are trying to catch you in a two prong attack from each bridge. The both bridges are too hot to mine or C4, so your only option is C4 delivery via car. You load up an FAV, driver like a maniac onto the middle of the bridge, parachute off, and blow the C4. Objective destroyed. Now you can shift more of your defense to a single point.

It's hard not to realize the tactical advantages of C4 cars, as there are many. However, if the rule is in place because of too many suicides, TK's etc, I can definatley see that arguement as well. Is there an official standpoint on tactical C4 uses, or are "suicide jeeps" just offlimits totally.

Thanks.

Re: Acceptable C4 car uses?

I think its fine as long as you dont do it over and over and as long as you don't kill yourself.

What pisses me off is people that C4 a tank and then blow it up when theyre right next to it knowing they're going to die. Far too many TG people do it.

Comment

I'll do it if I can't get away, or If I know i'm going to die anyways. I'm going to hit the button, even if it kills me. On a tank that is.

Comment

I dont see a problem with C4ing a jeep and taking a bridge out, so long as you survive. I did that exact same thing in mashtuur a while back. Theres no way you are gonna run in the middle of the bridge, C4 it, and survive. But with a car its possible.

C4 on cars stranded in the middle of the road can sometimes be good for a C4 trap as well. Its probably better to put the C4 under the car though, so that if a smart tanker kills the car you still have C4 and its still hidden from the debris.

Comment

Well, if I have a squad that is attacking my flag, and they have a C4 jeep guy which constantly destroys our vehicles without getting himself killed, then that is a good, working tactic, its up to me and my squad then to prevent him from getting to close.
          As long as you dont blow yourself up (or team-mates) and you achieve something with C4 jeeping, then its a perfectly good tactic IMO.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
          BF2142 Names:
          Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
          Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
          Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
          Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

I donno what people mean, I'm quite good at using c4 on a jeep to take out tanks aand apc's, especially on maps like Karkand where there are alot of side streets so you can hit the target from the side or rear where they aint lookin...

by my favored use of C4 on a buggy is to load 3 packs on the front and drive to the enemy commander assets... then depending on how hot the site is you can nose the jeep into an asset and pop it... or you can put your 2 spare packs on an asset then use your jeep to either find and armoured target or pop two assets...

I actually prefer to drive off and find a peice of armour thats in use because it totally confuses the commander when his asset explodes for no apparent reason because you were in and out of the site so fast...

on Karkand I also use the rear site vodnicks that just dont get used otherwise... tactically using an asset that the team was otherwise not useing...
            "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
            "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

The classic C4 on car trick. Thats always funny. If you can get away, then it can be used, but if you just drive it into a tank and hop out and blow it, that is forbidden.

Comment

If there is a question about the validity of a tactic, please take a look at the Tactical Gamer Primer.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                  I think its fine as long as you dont do it over and over and as long as you don't kill yourself.

What pisses me off is people that C4 a tank and then blow it up when theyre right next to it knowing they're going to die. Far too many TG people do it.
                  So we're not allowed to C4 tanks anymore? I get what you're saying but what if you sneak up behind a tank, lay some C4 on it but then he sees you and starts backing up. I know that's happened to me a couple of times. I'm damn sure taking out the tank regardless if I die from the explosion. What good is it if he kills me? The tradeoff being my life for the tank which is pretty acceptable especially if your own squad is getting hammered by that tank while trying to assault a flag. I think what you're saying is suicidal spec ops. I never want to die if I'm trying to C4 a piece of armor.

Comment

You shouldn't be trying to C4 a tank if you can't do it safely. Soooo many people run up to my tank thinking I don't see them because I'm facing another direction (hello 3rd person view) and then I turn around and kill them before they can do anything. That's their problem, they were playing like idiots. Killing a tank isn't hard, if it's near impossible to kill that's because it's in a fortified position and has engineers repairing it, then you shouldn't be attacking it at all. If it can't move because it's next to engis and supplies boxes, it's not going to attack you unless you stand in front of it.

Last night on Sharqi I was on the road leading to the MEC Helo UCB with the MEC tank and I had an entire US squad leave their Hotel flag to try and come kill me, when the only access point to get line of sight to my tank was thru a ramp in front of me which I could easily cover. It was a really bad firing position to the Hotel for me because of the angle, and I wouldn't have killed much if they just left me alone, but they kept throwing themselves at me when I clearly had the position advantage and I got about 20 kills just off that squad and they lost the Hotel flag because of it.

Poor strategies aren't an excuse for blowing yourself up while trying to kill a tank.

Comment

The problem with acceptance with a new tactic is controlling the users. While in the small maps some teams want only small arms fire and no tanks, but almost like clockwork a tank appears and we all die, because we have no tank J.
                      I was hit with a car C4 car attract just the other day and didn't know it was being considered, but that’s most likely my fault for not reading the threads.
                      Anyway I think using C4 cars in a great tactic, and I also agree if your going to die anyway after applying the C4 then PUSH the button man! That is if everyone is on the same page with C4 cars.
                      [TG] C4_SGT_YORK

Comment

*sigh*
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                          *sigh*

I agree....

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                            You shouldn't be trying to C4 a tank if you can't do it safely. Soooo many people run up to my tank thinking I don't see them because I'm facing another direction (hello 3rd person view) and then I turn around and kill them before they can do anything. That's their problem, they were playing like idiots. ....
                            I really respect your use of a tank, Kilrogg. I'm nowhere near as good as a Tanker as yourself. But to say that if I sneak up to C4 your tank and you see me using 3rd person, which in reality wouldn't be possible, then blowing myself up and you is just as acceptable if you've spotted me in such a manner.

But, to each their own opinion.:icon6:
                            [defense][conduct]

Comment

I can understand if you put C4 on the tank, attempt to run away and dont realize how close you are and inadvertantly blow yourself up. Crap happens. But if you have the intent to put C4 on the tank and die along with it, you obviously havent read the primer very well.

EDIT: It looks like another one of the games at TG, NS, did a new TG primer just for NS because that game is inherently unrealistic. Since BF2 is inherently an arcade game and is very far from realistic, we might need a "TG BF2 primer". This isnt Ghost Recon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X