Get on the flag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get on the flag

Seems a lot lately I will be playing and my squad will be going for a flag, but I'm the only one that actually gets on the flag. If I'm squad leading I usually have to tell everyone to get on the flag or else they just take up positions outside the flag radius.. I understand the concept of giving cover but imo it would be better to get on the flag most of the time than giving cover. A lot of those flags go down quick with 4 people on it.

Also another thing is I'll notice sometimes is a squad will be "attacking" a flag, but they will hold up in a position outside the flag and not move in. If they are pinned down they should move around or something, sitting there leads to inevitable death because of the respawn the other team has.

Re: Get on the flag

Depends on the squad. Newer guys are really hesitant but if you get some of the regulars, then there isn't a problem. The best time to hit the flag is as soon as you have about half the defenders down. Then you move in 4 guys to cap it and have your medic drop med packs on the flag just in case. If you need a second wave, they can respawn on the SL. More likely, the SL will be there to shoot the defenders in the back as they collapse on the flag. As soon as the defenders lose their respawn advantage, the flag is yours. It's a lot tougher if you have guys who let themselves get pinned and lack the confidence to move in.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Ya I like to see my squad take 2-4 enemies out in quick succession. Then I know we have the numbers advantage and as long as the flag area is relatively clear I order a full assault on it to get it neutral before that cluster that died can respawn again.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

This very thing led to me making a "Testicles" squad a while back. Just not enough people with balls enough to get themselfs on the flag.

Comment

I dont think this is an issue with the TG regs,but people coming in and used to playing pubs might take a little longer to figure it out. Prolly just a reminder to SL's not to just assume, and keep teaching the Tg way.

Comment

This is why I always like people to call out when they get on the flag. As soon as one person is on the flag, it should be automatic for everyone else who is capable to get there.
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
              As soon as one person is on the flag, it should be automatic for everyone else who is capable to get there.
              *cough*

Except the medic...

*cough*

In case the flag is "Booty trapped".

Comment

Don't go on the flag, my C4 is waiting around the corner (not in the flagpole) for you.
                Send the guy you dislike the most to be blown up first :P

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                BF2142 Names:
                Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Flags? Flags? You mean you have to take flags in BF2? lol. I just posted something similar in Leading by the Chin Thread, but same applies here- my biggest pet peave is a squad that is too timid to take the flag.

Comment

The worst thing is to be the guy in the squad that's quick to get on the flag, only to look at your minimap and find that the rest of your squad is standing around doing nothing while the enemy is spawning in all around you :/

Comment

In which case its best to shout your heart out in your squad and not try and cap the flag till everyone is in the cap radius, although thats impossible if half the squad on the opposite side of the map.

BF2142 Names:
                      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Yeah, I sometimes have to tell my squad "Everyone on the flag". I'm not sure, but the more units on it, the flag goes down faster right? Therefore less to no enemies spawning at that flag? lol At least get it neutral if you can't cap it. Usually when I'm going after a flag, I'll let my squad know I'm on the flag. And yeah, it sucks when you're the first one there only to find that you're the only there because you're squad got tied up. I usually just get mowed down and have to spawn on the SL when that happens :)
                        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Everyone on the flag? Why not say "All hatch the grenade or its buddy, the C4 pack!", usually its best to spread out inside the cap radius, prefferably having the medic behind a wall.

BF2142 Names:
                          Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                          Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                          Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                          Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity View Post
                            The worst thing is to be the guy in the squad that's quick to get on the flag, only to look at your minimap and find that the rest of your squad is standing around doing nothing while the enemy is spawning in all around you :/

Nope. The worst thing is to be the guy in the squad that's quick to get on the flag only to die because your teammates don't support you. Then, because you call over comms "In radius," then "Ski-Racer's down" over and over again your company commander chastises you publicly for "dying too often."

Then he conducts 2 days worth of practice without squad leaders so everyone must walk back from main if they die which succeeds in forcing people assault slower and die less but your company never takes a flag in 2 days of practice.

That's the worst thing. Yes, it just happened to me. No, I'm not bitter ;-)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Seems like the flag geometry in PoE and the recent tactics of defenders are making this tactic less viable. Most flags in PoE are ringed by occupiable buildings and good defensive terrain, often occupied by the defending SL. I find this almost always to be the case. And in such a case I have seen time and again the odd lone flank defender get taken out, his death encouraging an attack squad to hop on the flag only to be mowed down by superior fire from superior cover or worse, nades and C4 traps.

I've switched to a sweep and clear approach. Clear a few buildings, establish a firebase from them overwatching the flag before attempting to cap. Without the firebase to house the SL, after the counter-attack the SL is often forced to withdraw in the open with a squad's worth of fire nipping at his heels. If you can't hold a flag's flank long enough to launch a flag cap, I don't see why the flag cap itself would succeed unless you defending SL goes down.
                              Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                              live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                              Friend me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse