Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heal or Revive, Which is better to gauge a medic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heal or Revive, Which is better to gauge a medic?

At the end of the round, what indicates a better medic, the Heal or the Revive? The Heal happens before someone dies, the Revive after. Both are extremely important. Which is more, and why?

Lucky Shot

Re: Heal or Revive, Which is better to gauge a medic?

heal's are more up to the wounded person... you can chuck medpacks like mad and get points from random people running random places...

I say revives are where a medic earns his keep.

Comment

Agreed.

The path from full health to death is a short one for me. I don't often get healed, but I'm revived often.

Comment

With the short spawn timer and the SL spawn capability, neither option really has much effect on the overall game. I would say the most impact comes from reviving downed SLs.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

A proactive medic has the med packs out before the squad needs it and keeps his team from dying, therefore preventing the need for a revive. I know this is oversimplified, but I think the reason why we put so much emphasis on the Revive is because we aren't healing enough.

Think about it from another side of the coin. Most of the medics we revere have twice the revives as they do Heals. Heals should be easy though as all you need to do is litter the ground with them and people will trip over them.

When the squad forms a battle line, or hits the enemy front, what happens. The medic draws the weapon first, then the paddles second (Reactive Medic). Instead, they should drop med packs behind the first line then weapon or paddles second (Proactive Medic).

The Gold medic who can get key revives under pressure. The Platinum medic is the one who can prevent key deaths, reviving when they need to under pressure.

I rarely see a medic who has more heals than revives and wonder if there is room to get more out of that kit.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot
            I rarely see a medic who has more heals than revives and wonder if there is room to get more out of that kit.
            Well, you gotta have squad members that run to your health packs in order for them to get used, so that stat is more based upon the squad you're in than on your own abilities. You can throw a pack behind each of your squadmates, but if they don't back up to get em then you'll just get to revive them. Also, not every single health pack equals 1 heal point.. so you may be giving a guy 1/3 of his health back but not getting a point -- not sure when you do get that point but you can't use the number of heals as an indicator of the number of health packs that the medic passed out.

If I'm faced with an injured teammate and a critically injured teammate, I'll go for that revive first to save the ticket. Then spam my health packs. Besides, the dead dudes are a more captive audience and can't run away from the paddles like they can the packs when they're alive ;)
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

I believe you get 1 point when you have filled the equivalent of 1 life worth of energy. That's when you are holding the med pack. If someone stumbles onto one of your med packs regardless of how much damage they have, I believe you get credit for a heal +1.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                Well, you gotta have squad members that run to your health packs in order for them to get used, so that stat is more based upon the squad you're in than on your own abilities. You can throw a pack behind each of your squadmates, but if they don't back up to get em then you'll just get to revive them. ;)
                So true,a good example of this is when your squad takes up a defense line along a wall,a good medic will have packs all along that wall, but it seems to many people wait to long to grab a med pack and end up dying. This is the job of the medic or SL to let everyone know that there are med packs down and to grab a pack before their health gets to low.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                  pfft. Wait and let the guy die. Then you get 2 points for the revive. DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING? :p
                  Not to derail the thread, but I've honestly never figured out the logic in the point system in BF2.

Medics have good weapons, and get a ton of points to heal/revive.

But if you see an engineer with 6 repair points at the end of the round, he's basically been working
                  his wrench the entire time.

I just wonder what the devs reasoning behind that decision really was...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon
                    Not to derail the thread, but I've honestly never figured out the logic in the point system in BF2.

Medics have good weapons, and get a ton of points to heal/revive.

But if you see an engineer with 6 repair points at the end of the round, he's basically been working
                    his wrench the entire time.

I just wonder what the devs reasoning behind that decision really was...
                    I feel ya! Thats why I like our TacMod's adjustment to the medic kit, no more medpack spamming. Anyway, the engineer kit became the new black when AF came out.
                    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Just throw medpacks around if you're with other people, even if they aren't hurt. What I do when I'm a medic and I know some guy is around the corner is I throw 1-2 medpacks at my feet then immediately turn the corner and shoot him, if he hurts me too much I can just fall back to my medpacks. Of course you have to be careful with that since medpacks can be seen thru walls with the distance icon so the guy will know you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                        Of course you have to be careful with that since medpacks can be seen thru walls with the distance icon so the guy will know you're there.
                        You could use this as a trap. Drop a pack, and then a grenade (or have a friendly SpecOps drop some C4). "Ha ha, I've got you now medic!" BOOM! Of course, you'd have to have some really good timing to pull that off. :row__593:
                        AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                          pfft. Wait and let the guy die. Then you get 2 points for the revive. DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING? :p
                          Or better yet, let Bommando die. After he's screamed himself hoarse demanding a medic, heal him at the last second. Rinse and repeat. Hilarity for all. ;)

On a more serious note, I agree that far and away the revive is more important. Having a good medic in my squad makes me a much more effective SL, as I like to get in close and generally...you know...die a lot. Give me an Evil Lemon God Mode (TM) on any given day and my squad is just about unstoppable. I might as well type in Up Down Left Right B A B A Select Start. ;)
                          Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
                            I might as well type in Up Down Left Right B A B A Select Start. ;)
                            I really wonder how many people here will get that much less remember what game and system it was on. Thanks for making me feel old. *grin*

Comment

NES. Contra. Man I loved that game when I was 12.
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X