That enemy around that corner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That enemy around that corner

We all know this situation, your squad is capturing a flag, your trying to catch up to them and the UAV or something else lets you know that an enemy soldier is around that corner, so what now?

First off, think of your kit?
    If you are AT or sniper, then your chances on beating that enemy at melee is low and you're better off letting an Assault squad member deal with it.

Second, they also got a UAV!
    That same guy around the corner might also have a UAV or you might have been spotted, always keep your eye on the minimap.

Lets do a rundown of them eh?

I generally tend to think the guy around the corner is a medic, as they are generally the most common class in any squad and like to heal themselves behind a corner.

Ok the kits:

Sniper:

If you are a sniper, you got 2 options:
    1: Lay a claymore and wait for the enemy to trigger it.
    2: Communicate to your squad about the situation and hang back.

A claymore is good if the corner has no obstacles that could shield the enemy from the blast and if there are no friendlies nearby to blow it up, though it generally means you have to lay it close to the edge of the corner, making your vulnerable, especially if you have a red UAV over your head.

If you got no claymores, or you doubt youll get there in time to lay one, communicate the situation to your squad and fall back to safety, you are not good to your squad if youre a corpse.

Assault:

Usually you can go around that corner and kill the enemy soldier with ease as Assault, since you got both an assault rifle AND body armor, though be careful for other enemies.
    Also, if you see that red dot closing near the edge of the corner, and then moving back, he probably layed a charge (claymore/C4), so keep that in mind.

Support:

Same deal as Assault, but your weapon is useless while standing, so you have two choices:
    1: Go prone before the edge of the corner, come out prone and shoot.
    2: Go prone the second you are on the other side of the corner (facing the enemy).

Major advantage of the first is ofcourse the accuracy, but youll be crawling out slowly, usually headfirst, so you are very vulnerable for a split second, the second option is the exact opposite.

Spec Ops:

You got a pretty accurate rifle, but its damage isnt very high and you dont have body armor, so C4 is usually the best way to go.
    Lay a pack on your side of the corner, draw the enemy to it and blow it up.
    Do keep in mind, that when you a trying to lure the enemy, youll have to emerge from the corner, so you are vulnerable to any explosive charge or bullets.

Engineer:

You got a great shotgun, but no body armor, however, you got no anti-infantry explosive.
    If you got the pumpaction shotgun, the best choice is to face the enemy and gun him down, but if you have the MEC shotgun, you could also fall back and report the situation to your squad.

Medic:

Basicly assault without the body armor, basicly giving you the same option as the engineer.
    However, the rifles are pretty balanced (if you can fire the M16 fast enough), so you might want to look in the sky and see if there is an enemy UAV up there, if there isnt, youll have the element of surprise and usually win. Otherwise, you can still try and gun the enemy, though maybe falling back is better. (remember, you are the medic, your squad needs health and your paddles).

AT:

Same deal as with a sniper, though you got a submachinegun.
    If you got the element of surprise (no enemy UAV), then you might win, but again, you are AT, your primary target are vehicles, best thing is to report the situation to your squad and let them deal with it, you focus on the vehicles instead.

The enemy:

Although you might have the best of weapons, if the enemy saw your dot on their UAV, a C4 charge will always win, keep a very close eye on the movement of the red dot.

Trust me when I say that you will recognize the enemy movement very quickly, since we are all human players. If a guy walks back and forth a little, you can assume he knows your are there AND that he knows that you can see him as well.

Remember, your UAV shows in the air to them too, they can also recognize your movement as well.
    If you are nearing the edge of that corner and they have a UAV on you, then they might think you are about to move out and gun you down.

Also, keep an eye out for the number of dots on your minimap, if you see a lot of blue and green dots swarming around that red dot, then you can safely assume hell be dead with in a minute.

Vice versa, keep an eye out on the number of RED dots.

Also...:

If you are not a medic and you are wounded, then you are already at a major disadvantage, the situation is always different, dont go gun for an enemy when you have 5 bars of health left, or if you only got pistol ammo left.
    If that guy around the corner is shooting at someone, listing closely to the sound of their weapon, that way you will know what kit is. (exception for medic/assault).

Now go kill people around corners :P

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
    BF2142 Names:
    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Re: That enemy around that corner

Don't forget that you can always (except for ATs) lead with one or two hand grenades, just make sure any good guys in the area know your intentions.

Comment

Or throw a nade or two at the corner in case they want to rush you and then flank around the other side and shoot him in the back. :)

Comment

Don't you know that the AT class has the best CQB weapon in the game? :p
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

If your in a sniper squad without any friendly assaults around and you're in this situation, you can back off, circle around till you have a ~30 meter shot at whoevers behind the corner and fire. Generally you dont have enough time to do that, so if you absolutly have to round that corner the knife can generally work pretty well. Save up your stamina and try to hit him before he knows you're there. The pistol could work there but you have to shoot the guy so many times at close range that he'll likely kill you with his automatic before you fire enough shots. With the knife and a little luck, it only takes one swipe. He'll likely be surprised and freak out that hes about to be knifed, which will probably give you enough time to make contact.

Comment

Um give me an AT SMG (any of the 3) and I'll kill anyone in CQB regardless of their kit. It's by far the best CQB weapon because of the very high rate of fire and steady accuracy while moving. You just strafe around your target while spraying and he's screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
              Um give me an AT SMG (any of the 3) and I'll kill anyone in CQB regardless of their kit. It's by far the best CQB weapon because of the very high rate of fire and steady accuracy while moving. You just strafe around your target while spraying and he's screwed.
              Unless you run out of ammo, in which case there's an awkward pause while you fumble for your pistol. :) There's nothing I hate worse as an AT than charging around the corner to find that there are 2 guys and not the 1 I was expecting. Usually the ammo only gets me half way through the second guy if I live that long.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                Except the for P90. The P90 is only good for stapling the supply box back together after they exploded.
                Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I agree with Kilrogg, keep moving and spray the crap out of anyone in CQB with the SMGs and you'll win the fight.

Also, for assault kits, don't forget about the grenade bounce. Shoot that baby against an adjacent wall at the right angle and you'll do some hefty damage to your opponent, and possibly cause him or her to retreat.

Comment

I have yet to see the MP5 beat the Assault Rifle at melee, especially if its MP5 vs AK101, PP19 vs M16 might win though, I always use the DAO-12 whenever I can when on a pubbie server.
                    I think its the ridiculous amount of bullets you have to put into your target with the SMG, the small amount of time to do it in and the thing of your clip being empty so fast.

BF2142 Names:
                    Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                    Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                    Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                    Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

The SMG is without doubt my favorite weapon in CQB. Rocket launcher's not bad either. :D
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I will teabag anyone that tries to use the AT in melee range over their SMG, its just as bad as the GL.

BF2142 Names:
                        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Aim for the head and strafe. It's actually the same tactic as using the MP5 in Counter-Strike and it works great. The ammo can get low against multiple targets but BF2 has this slight lag on bullet collision and after a while of using the SMG you learn when you can stop firing because there are enough bullets in the guy or on the way to the guy that he's gonna die anyway. It's only like half a second but that saves you 3-4 bullets.

Comment

Did we all forget about using that little "drop the nade" present? With the right click, you can throw a soft nade around the corner (or over the wall), and then rush.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X