Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoE2 Fallen tactics.

Tactics for 64 player Fallen map.

Standard Assault/Defense 6 man squad. Working by themselves and with other squads.

Alpha team
    SL= sniper/ spec ops/ assault
    Alpha two= support
    Alpha three= medic

Bravo team
    Bravo leader= kit of choice to destroy the enemy based on circumstances. Something with smoke
    Bravo two= kit of choice to destroy the enemy based on circumstances. Something with smoke
    Bravo medic

Formation
    Initial Deployment is Column (your seeing the back of your s member as u move) formation. Based upon terrain and if the enemy got the flag first, the SL will give the signal to go to line ( your s members are shoulder to shoulder but separated enough so that grenades do not get two kills) formation.

When one squad is given the task to defend an area, have a retreat coordinate predetermined. Simply use the move to this position marker to do so.
    At this spot before getting set up, have your medic and support dudes spam their stuff so that when the squad needs to retreat, they will have goodies waiting.

Get the most out of your fire teams. When retreating, have Bravo lay down cover fire while Alpha throws smoke. When Bravo is pulling back, Alpha puts down suppressive fire.
    When attacking, have bravo push on the flag. They will throw off the enemy’s defense and show their numbers and rattle their cage, possibly breaking down their defense. Alpha two and Alpha medic is providing cover fire. During this time SL is coming from another direction and gives bravo another direction to come in at if they respawn. This time, Alpha two and alpha medic hit the flag with bravo at the same time.

Squad Defense. Playing off the flag somewhat is needed. The SL will need to check the Hud to see what flanks or most likely going to be attacked.

C4 layers are cool, and staying in grenade range is tight. If the Platoon is well communicated, the sniper can put claymores on the flag.
    With the map being small, setting up kill zones will yield a harvest.

If at all possible wait to the enemy gets as close as possible. However, due to the arcadeness of the game, they may see your name tag as they approach. Try to have your Bravo team in a nice spot were they are about 10 meters apart and watching the flank with a cone shape point of view.
    Alpha two is watching in a whole different direction based upon the conditions.
    Alpha medic is doing the same.
    SL is camping the outside perimeter and is watching the HUD to get a feel for the enemy presence and his discussing with the Platoon Leader about who will first score a date with the Battalion commander's daughter or daughters.
    As before, have a rally point if being pushed back.
    SLs will need to shift Bravo team based upon the ever changing enemy flag positions. Make sure Bravo is stealth like in setting up their nest so the enemy will not see them.
    SLs request those supply crates so that your squad will have one more place of solace. This is also good to help the grenade launcher stay supplied as they lob rounds into enemy compounds.

The all out assault. Line formation is needed. You are committed to this advance. So eyes front and center. If u really want to be tight, the players on the end of the line watch the flank as they move. The all out assault is risky, Hopefully, the enemy is being distracted or u have some back up.

Multi squad assaults. Due to the fact that when u bleed with having two flags, u will have plenty of warriors to assault with. COs take a note out of ash’s book and take time to prepare the assault, they tend to be more successful.
    A break down of what the CO needs to process.
    Two flags u are defending, u have a total of 12 members on this detail. Hopefully the CO will be with them. This leaves 19 players to get the job done on stopping blead. This is three full squads and one left over. The left over will be a distraction while the other three squads move in… JK.
    If the enemy is all star material u may need to have one squad defend two flags, a little risky but hopefully u have some C4 down to help. This one squad two flag defense should be your best squad. With this method u have 25 players to get the job done.

While the squads are being arranged the CO will exploit the zoom function to perhaps get an idea of the enemy presence.
    These options can use the 19 player assault or the 25 assault.
    Option one: Make like the Soviet army in WWII and crash the flag. Asch would frown, but JMJ would smile.

Option 45: Have a squad (alpha) move out first in order to distract the enemy with fire and smoke, this could be on the CBs flanks or right at them. Meanwhile a larger force is crawling to get closer to the flag. Lets say it is three full squads. These squads will be in wedge formation. And there will be three lines of this formation. It will look sort of like this:
    /\ /\ /\. These three squads should be a good 30 meters apart. It is important for those on the ends to look at the flanks. The CO will be keeping an eye out for this large movement by spotting ahead of them. Once the enemy presence is substantial at alpha (SL feedback) and based upon the enemy overall movement, the middle squad will move in and either engage the enemy or head for the flag while the two outside squads converge to line formation and cover them and move in slowly in. Smoke may be needed based upon conditions.
    If one of the flank squads in the formation is attacked, they should keep this flag busy as possible. Shot to kill, but know when they respawn it will mostly likely on the flag your trying to cap. While this is happening the other two squads are committed to the flag cap.

Once the flag is clearly going up hopfully. The CO will need to have a squad spawn at a flag that is adjacent to the enemies. Remember the three man fire teams at the two CBs, they will be hit hard when the enemy counter attacks. So on the fly, the CO should tell a squad leader who is wasted is not coming back up, to spawn at a friendly flag and have his guys spawn on him. If all the SL survived the assault, tell the squad leaders to send x players who are dead to spawn and such place.

CO defense, when the enemy is bleeding. Spread your guys out, and if possible have teen wolf small squads that but pressure on the enemy. Try to have them flank the enemy and hit back flags.
    One option is to make a soccer golie and commit to one side (during free kicks). Gambling on really putting squads at defending a flag may keep it protected. This in turn will leave your rear less defended.

Option 125: Make like the British SAS and destroy the enemy while not taking any causalities. Hells yeah!

Commander tip: go medic, u see the casualties on the HuD, this gives u instant feedback on enemy prescense and know who your piss weak squads are. This will allow the squad leader not to have to report casualties and instead focus on the battle.

Have a good'n
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: PoE2 Fallen tactics.

I dont have enough time right now to read that, but heres a neat trick to try if you are spec ops. Put yourself in one of the holes, firing out of it to hit anyone coming into your position. Youll win almost every 1 vs 1 engagements if you have a rifle, and if you know when to stand up and when to prone, you'll win most 2 vs 1. People like to swarm positions in this map though. If you have C4, put it in an arc in front of your hole and wait for them to charge you. Then look up and youll see 3 or 4 bodies flying over you :)

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
      I dont have enough time right now to read that
      lol, how blunt.

Comment

Well i had like 2 minutes at the time, and im not a speed reader. Anyway, most of the stuff you were talking about there would be too hard to coordinate with a random squad you dont really know. IRR or inhouse might be able to utilize that stuff better. And getting a CO...er platoon leader... on that map that doenst rush into battle hasnt happened yet :(

Comment

Fallen is a cluster. The map is really an awesome looking and well designed map. However, the more I play it - the more it seems to play out like a fragfest.

Still, being able to hide in the grass is pretty nice.

Question: Do you low terrain people have the grass rendered?

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
            Question: Do you low terrain people have the grass rendered?
            Yes. They really did a great job in making these maps fit for all PC specs.

Comment

Here is an initial Deployment trick I have been working on. Fallen rarely has a CO, and approaching this map as a squad leader often means I can't communicate with fellow squads. I can only adjust to what they do and respond to where I would put my squad if I were CO. Hence, Lucky's Fallen Gap Option.

It's very simple. Move towards the gap between two flags, watching your fellow squads deployment. If they don't cover one of the two flags you are between, adjust to the lack of coverage by making for that flag. If they do, then position yourself either to meet the enemy initial push, or to sneak into the back lines.

It's not revolutionary, but it gives you the flexibility to move to where your squad is most needed. And it's convertible to the Ukranian side and southern flags also.

Lucky Shot

Comment

When I CO as Germany on this map, I usually take the far north, east and west flags. That way the enemy always has to have people on defense on crash site, usually more than one squad. If one of the flags fall, the squad farthest away from the flag taken rushes in and attacks crash site with the squad at the taken flag spawning at flag the attacking squad was defending. It is hard to explain without access to ATC to draw it.

Comment

I would like to see it drawn out to make sure I fully understand. Here is a copy of the Fallen Maps. I imagine you have ATC, but PM me if you want instructions on how to create a Custom Map Pack for ATC. Post your thoughts on what you mean and I will show you if I was CO what I would do also.

http://www.pointofexistence.com/fpn/...isplay&ceid=30

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot View Post
                    Here is an initial Deployment trick I have been working on. Fallen rarely has a CO, and approaching this map as a squad leader often means I can't communicate with fellow squads. I can only adjust to what they do and respond to where I would put my squad if I were CO. Hence, Lucky's Fallen Gap Option.

It's very simple. Move towards the gap between two flags, watching your fellow squads deployment. If they don't cover one of the two flags you are between, adjust to the lack of coverage by making for that flag. If they do, then position yourself either to meet the enemy initial push, or to sneak into the back lines.

It's not revolutionary, but it gives you the flexibility to move to where your squad is most needed. And it's convertible to the Ukranian side and southern flags also.

Lucky Shot
                    good stuff!

That's very similar to the way I ran that map last night... main difference being that I had the squad get "dug in" along your first blue arrow there... and then as SL, go sit on the N.Cabin flag. It's especially effective on this map where the defenders have such a huge advantage over the attackers (they can wait in ambush in the undergrowth while the attackers usually just run). Getting good position to fight from is just as important as capping that back flag.

Plus it's good because you're engaging away from the flag. As Drizz once put it to me, starting your defensive stand on the 40yd. line instead of the goal-line....

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                      Anyway, most of the stuff you were talking about there would be too hard to coordinate with a random squad you dont really know. IRR or inhouse might be able to utilize that stuff better. And getting a CO...er platoon leader... on that map that doenst rush into battle hasnt happened yet :(
                      indeed. I just felt like writing.

nice tactics written so far.

Comment

The interesting thing about this map is the awsome cover. It really is a double bladed sword. But if u know what your doing, when u throw the sword at someone, u do not have to worry about the handle hitting the enemy cause they will be cut be either end.

Biggest thing that should take place when appraching the flag/away point is having the squad act as a unit. What we do not need is some of the squad laying prone, some of the squad running, one guy 50 meters away and gets cut down whose soul is doomed to haunt the forrest forever, no one watching the flank.
                        Things have got to be mechinzed. Sadly there is not enough time to get a lot of organization.

There are two extremes.
                        One. prone and crawling. [stealth is great, but scope of vision is weakast, also speed is compimised the most]
                        {in the middle is crouthing and walking slowly}
                        Two. standing and running {stealth is gonezo, but scope of vision is greatest, speed is the greatest.]

Each of these actions have a time and place. I believe when the squad can ultilaze these simple actions they will improve their survival.

I believe that not all members of a squad should be laying down and crawling at one time. {Note, certain measures will constitue otherwise, as in they are trying to get in as close as possible while a friendly squad attacks from a differnt anlge}
                        If the squad is by itself and crawling, the enemy can easily stumble upon its flanks and shot it all to hell.

I believe not everyone of the squad members should be standing and running at the same time.
                        it is obvious that the enemy will have a better chance of seeing such moevent in contrast to the stationary forest.

Unlike urban combat were column formation was utilazed, the line formation is important here in the forest.
                        As noted up top, the line formation allows eyes front and all rifles with a clear view to a kill. However, the flanks are exposed, due to this the CO should try to get multi squads when moving, cause if your moving your bleeding, and if your bleeding u have more than enough squads to attack a flag. However, a snigle squad could be assigne to set up an ambush outside a CB, that would require movement without any back up.

I think column formation should be used during crawling. If and only if u have certain positions being looked over {many, someone looks forwar, someone locks at the 3 o'clock, someone at 9 o'clocke, and of course someone have the six} and the flanks are looked after. This movement will also have players croutch when the foliage brings about nearly zero visiabilty in certain spots.
                        It really is the same as when in a urban area before, just the speed is decreased.

The line formation should be used when the situation gets hot and the flanks are either covered or looks o.k. {no gurantees on the battle field.} The best way to guard your flank is to hug the out of bounds marker, pretend it is a cliff.

Fire team usage.

Bravo (3 man) crawls forward while the Alpah slowly flanks (but behind bravo, never in front, bravo is to expose the enenmy positions) and keeps an eye out for the enemy that the fire team may stumble upon. Remeber to have a seat person on alpha thats looking forward for them. This assumes that Alpha is crocthing while bravo is laying prone. If the fire team gets wasted, the SL is still around and the enemis presence and location is better known.

Just more brainstorming on this map.

Comment

The flag assault, and the introduction of the sapper squad.
                          The idea:
                          one sapper squad
                          two assault squads to attack in a delayed fashion.

If u are bleeding the enemy, u have a great advantage. Cause u can set up ambushes like no other. If the enemy takes their time getting to your ambush site, cool, if the enemy takes a while to get to your outer perimeter at the CB, cool, they just bleed more in the meantime. If a single squad heads right to your location and is totally exposed, cool, pick them off one by one.

The attackers have a huge disadvantage if the defenders have their stuff together. The only thing thing they have going for them are supreme numbers, if and only if the team is coordinated well. Single squad assaults are almost useless on a decent defending squad.

More into the sapper squad.
                          The CO should look at his squads and determend who is sapper squad is.
                          YOur best squad with the best shots will not be your sapper squad; instead the squad that looks the weakest will be the sapper squad. Your basically throwing them to the wolves, explain this to them in a tactful manner.
                          CO: "your gong to be the squad that craches the flag like no other while another squad/s cleans up the place. You will be an important part of the team."
                          level with them, and let them know their purpose.
                          AS mintioned up top, a cordinated CO assault does take time, but the yeilds are great if done right. 19 players hitting a flag can repulse a good defene, but not every defense.
                          Sadly, in all combat many times squads, platoons, Companys, and even an entire Battilon have been thrown at an enemy instillation to sofen it up.
                          For this reason the sapper squad is needed. They are cannon fodder big time. Their primary objective is to rush throw the initial defense of the enemy and crash the flag. If it were possible for the sapper squad to load themselves with explosives they would and blow everything to hell. The N.V.A. and Viet Cong did this in the Vietnam conflict, with much success.
                          The results of a good sapper blitz.
                          1. the Defense of the enemy is nearly reset. Allowing them to lose their concelled placement. The enemy will stand and move to react to this and close in on their flag. This will provide the two squads in the outside perimeter to have a good idea were the enemy is in order to lauch and throw gernades near the flag. This will allow the two squads to flank and hit from another direction.
                          2. claymores will be blown
                          3. Perhaps a layer of C4 will be taken out.
                          4. Perhaps the sapper squad will wound and get some kills. This will expose the medic positions allowing them to focus on medic issues rather than having a rifle trained on the forest. With two enemy deaths, a single squad will be down to 3 players who are wathing the perimeter. This assumes they are confident that the sappers were all wiped out and not doing a inside perimeter sweep.

As u can see, the sapper squad can very easily rattle the cage of any enemy CB defense. Just how raddled depends on how good the blitz is and how good the defensers are.

The great thing is that due to being able to be revived, the sappers may get revived as the other two squads come in to cap the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot View Post
                            I would like to see it drawn out to make sure I fully understand. Here is a copy of the Fallen Maps. I imagine you have ATC, but PM me if you want instructions on how to create a Custom Map Pack for ATC. Post your thoughts on what you mean and I will show you if I was CO what I would do also.

http://www.pointofexistence.com/fpn/...isplay&ceid=30

Lucky Shot
                            Hmm, I don't think it likes custom content when running on Linux. I will have to do it on a Windows in a few days.

Comment

Rick, defending isn't always easier than attacking. When you defend, you are spread out and you generally have your men spread out in a web of protection. Last time I checked a 6 man squad would beat one or 2 defenders and break through the defensive wall and onto the flag. C4 goes off, enemy medic revives, same with claymores. The attacking squad also has the advantage in knowing exactly where the defending squad is, because they are defending a flag. They may be spread out, but are generally within 50m of the flag. The attacking squad has the freedom to flank, charge, nade, smoke, ect. at their will and they can fall back and regroup. The defending squad cannot fall back, except to the flagpole, but they still have to keep defending.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X