PoE2 Maps not commander friendly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoE2 Maps not commander friendly

I feel the maps are still so open that you have to stick to flagdefence. This results in a LOT of flaghopping. I think this is really a shame. I tried commanding for a few maps (had the team lisntening fairly well), but there really seemed no tactic that really worked.

There are chokepoints in the maps but leaving the base to defend them is asking for trouble, there are to many ways to move around it.

I think we all want to just defend once the team has bleed, but the way the maps are set up, it's not a wise decicision. You have to keep attacking otherwise you will be overrun.

Conclusion: Commanding is uneffective and not making the game more fun for the team.
    Hear ye, of the dragon, Smoke is his name.
    Solely surviving the fires,
    and sad and angry he became.
    Until his angre became dismay,
    as the elders sent him away.

Now we can hear his wings, once a year,
    And, his empty cry we fear.
    Sad old Smoke, out there in the rain,
    We can feel your suffering, we can feel your pain.

Re: Maps not commander friendly

What maps are you referring to?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I wouldn't say that the maps aren't CO friendly. They allow you to move troops freely and use multiple squads to attack flags from multiple angles.

I would say that some of the flags are HARD to defend. The multitude of possible attack angles really makes some flags downright frustrating to hold. So far, I have found that having a large perimeter of defense and one guy with "eyes on the flag" is the best way to manage this.

I see lots of potential for CO's to use extra squads to patrol open areas and cut off attackers before they can move around to flanks.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
        What maps are you referring to?
        Actually all of them, Fallen being the worst. They are to open. I dont understand why they keep making them that way (even all the fanmaps). Look at Bf1942 for example, it's maps where a lot less open and when you captured a base youd really know you had done your team a huge favor. Nowadays it's coming down on who can flaghop the fastest. Off course we at TG dont buy in to that playing style but see what happens if you try a defencive style against a flaghopping team, you will get overrun.
        Hear ye, of the dragon, Smoke is his name.
        Solely surviving the fires,
        and sad and angry he became.
        Until his angre became dismay,
        as the elders sent him away.

Now we can hear his wings, once a year,
        And, his empty cry we fear.
        Sad old Smoke, out there in the rain,
        We can feel your suffering, we can feel your pain.

Comment

That's just UAV and scanner withdrawal. The previous Battlefields didnt have CO assets and POE2 plays just like it. The players will have to be more observant and squad leaders and CO's more thoughtful.
          -33rd- BaneII
          Smokers & Jokers

Comment

To keep bleed you only need to defend 3 flags. Assuming you had a full squad on each flag, that leaves 13 players in the rest of the map. Even then, you might only need 1 squad to defend 2 back flags, letting even more squads be open to be away from flags. Also, since the other guys dont have scan, you can take more risks. You can temporarily leave a flag undefended so that you have more on attack, and as soon as you cap whatever base you were attacking, you can drop a squad back on defense. I think theres lots ya can do as a CO.

Comment

I do think that it's not as much to be a CO, but I disagree that the maps are tougher to CO. I think Fallen is really an easy map to CO as the flags are very close together and even though the enemy emerges from the mist, you can create a large blue line from north to south of friendly soldiers. It's easy enough to make it within firing range of most of the flags and with a proper assault most will fall.

I do feel that this map is an easier map for the Germans than the Ukranians although I have plans I feel would work for both. Some of the snow maps, I could use some ideas for though.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I haven't seen much COing personally.

But from what I have seen PoE isn't suited to full 6 man squads. 2-3 man fireteams seem the best deployment in most roles. And since the first order from any CO i've seen to such a squad is to form a full squad, they run into problems. If a CO intends to use the tactic I think PoE favors, aggressive and forward defensive deployments, then trying to cover every approach with 4 or at best 5 full squads won't work. That's the prolem I think we're encountering.
                Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                Friend me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse