=US=Scrim Tactics Dragon Valley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =US=Scrim Tactics Dragon Valley

I sent my tatics to the potential Squad leaders previously. Please note one small change since then: I changed the jet squad from a 3 man squad to a two man squad since I was notified that our jets do not have a 2-man bomber on this map. Rick's squad (Squad 7) picked up the extra member.

Dragon Valley
    Dragon Valley is a challenging map to play for both sides. In researching the 2 prior scrims involving Dragon Valley map, I learned that TG lost by a huge margin to a worthy opponent the first time and later squeaked a win by with only 30 points against the same opponent in a later duel. So I consulted with the COís from prior scrims involving this map and also got some insight from experienced COís (Santa, Bane, and Luckyshot) before developing my tactic for Dragon Valley. Iíve concluded from my research and discussions that the best possible means to success are the following:
    1) Donít spread us thin by defending unnecessary flags. Concentrate on holding key/main Control Points (CPís).
    2) Maintain air supremacy by utilizing jets, BOTH attack heloís and available AA gun placements.
    3) Use the open travel terrain between the north and south end of the map to our advantage. Force opponents to travel the wide terrain for our air force to pick them off and slow their advances this way.
    4) Force opponents to attack us and not waste tickets attacking them on well fortified positions

To accomplish these goals my strategy is based on the following primary objectives:
    ∑ Defend Wood Yard, PowerStation, Refinery, and Hill Village
    ∑ During initial deployment, have squad members pull fast attack vehicles (jeeps) from the front line to the rear, forcing opponent to use slower vehicles and transport helos.

*It is my understanding that bleed on this map wonít be a big factor if we hold our flags and that kill tickets from their advances will be more important.

Hereís my tentative roster:
    Squad 1. Jets- Dark Viper
    Pheonixxfire

Squad 2. Helo- thebleakaffinity
    RocketPunch

Squad 3. 7th- Santa
    Gixxer_USMC (full squad)
    Shiner
    troublesome4u
    RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
    icky

Squad 4 33rd Roughnecks B.Clawhammer (full squad)
    BaneII
    BigBill
    Sumluv59
    jmaker
    |TG|Melee

Squad 5 7th Bommando (full squad)
    xTYBALTx (secondary Helo-primarily supporting S5)
    Whiskeysix (secondary Helo-primarily supporting S5)
    P8riot
    shakeyjake
    nox

Squad 6 1st- E-male (full squad)
    Grunt
    Aculle
    E0_
    Mosely
    James315

Squad 7 Irregulars Rick_the_new_guy (specialty squad)
    Dick_Blonov
    Dustermahn

Initial deployment:
    Squad 1- Jet Squad- Dark Viper
    Primary responsibility: Own the skies and slow opponents advances to CPís to the south
    Initial deployment: Refinery
    1) Concentrate on taking out ground vehicles as they travel from the North to South end corridor.
    2) Continually hammer the Docks and other concentrated opponent CPís.

Squad 2- Helo Squad (primary)- Bleakaffinity
    Primary responsibility: Support defense line
    Initial deployment: Refinery
    1) Concentrate on taking out ground vehicles as they travel through the North to South end corridor.
    2) Patrol outer east and west sides of the map to spot sneaking squads trying to flank our defensive points.
    3) Assist in defending our CPís as requested by ground squads.

*Try not to stray to the north end of the map unless requested to do so. This will help to keep your chopper from getting taken out unnecessarily.
    **Remember the AA turret placement in the center island. Take that out w/ TV missile early on.

Squad 3- Santa (full squad)
    Primary responsibility: Defend powerplant and maintain mobility to provide defensive support primarily at the Wood yard and/or the Refinery.
    Initial deployment: spawn at Powerplant.
    1) Assign squad member to man AA at Powerplant during initial deployment
    2) The bulk of you squad should defend powerplant, however, assign a couple guys to grab available mobile resources and be ready to move to refinery for assistance if US makes a move for it initially.
    3) Otherwise, be prepared to move mobile resources to reinforce S5 at the Wood Yard.

*S5 will have a full squad defending however 2 members of theirs will be manning 2nd helo and will in all likelihood need ground and vehicle support from your squad. Depending on the tempo of the match, I may have your entire squad abandon powerplant on occasion to keep Wood Yard.

Squad 4- B.Clawhammer (full squad)
    Primary responsibility: hold hill village.
    Initial deployment: spawn at Hill Village.
    1) Assign two squad members to plant C4 and bring jeeps from Vista point and River Village back to the hill. Have them blow up C4 once the forward flags are neutralized.
    2) Assign one squad member to blow bridge north of Hill Village, but make sure he waits for all the jeeps to get across from the north. I also have S7 spawning in the north to get jeeps so wait for them to cross the bridge as well.
    3) Maintain front line on the east side of the river
    4) Try to spot air or other land units trying to sneak along the creek just east of the Hill Village as the opponent advances to the Refinery.
    5) Use AA gun

*An APC spawns at your location. In tight situations I may have you move it across the water to assist S5 to reinforce them.
    ** I may have S7 (two man squad) come down to assist depending again on the tempo of the game.

Squad 5: Bommando (full squad)
    Primary responsibility: Defend Woodyard
    Initial deployment: spawn at Woodyard
    1) Maintain front line on the west side of the river.
    2) Tybalt and Whiskey will be the secondary chopper pilots and will primarily assist your squad in defending this area including spotting units advancing on the outer west perimeter. I may call on them to support other areas if needed, as well.
    3) I have Santaís squad (S3) available as support for your squad and elements from e-maleís squad (S6) as well.

Squad 6: E-male (full squad)
    Primary responsibility: Defend Refinery.
    Initial deployment: spawn at Powerplant.
    1) Your defense is imperative to keep our air supremacy, set it up accordingly.
    2) I have heloís and S3 (Santaís squad) and S7 (Rickís squad) to support you if things go crazy.

*Consider the common tactic to land a helo on one of the roof tops at the refinery and be prepared to counter this by requesting helo support or having a sniper placed in a position to take out opponents on the roof (hence the squad leader and spawn point).
    **Depending on the tempo of the game I may have you send a couple vehicles up to the front line to support our defense.

Squad 7: Rick the new guy (two-man specialty squad)
    Primary responsibility: Defend Refinery and provide support to other CPís underattack
    Initial deployment: Split up, spawn and plant C4 at the Market and River Village
    1) Bring jeeps back to refinery and be prepared to assist in S6ís defense there.
    2) I may call upon you to assist elsewhere, including harassing their CPís and assets.
    3) Blow up C4 once the forward flags are neutralized

*Iím going to utilize your squad as support to all others, primarily E-males, however, if things go sore, Iíll need you to take your squad and make a fast attack to a point not defended in the north or I may assign you to take out his assets.

Things to consider for all squad leaders:
    ∑ Plan a defensive squad initially of at least one engineer and spec ops (I'll rely on your judgement and experience for exact amount of squad members for these kits).
    ∑ Expect several arterially and bombing runs at your location. Don't have your squads bunched up at any of the flags.

If things go bad, Iím going to Plan B which is to take their northern flags and draw them back over there rather then wasting tickets attacking high concentrations of their team in the southern flags. My goal would be to split up their forces again by drawing them to separate flags on the northern side. Iíll then have a couple of squads counter attack to the south if we are successful in drawing them back toward the north. Timing will be everything with this plan, but let me worry about it if it happens.

I encourage SLís to take a look at Luckyshotís tips on Dragon Valley to get a better insight on quick attack routes and strategies for the map (thanks again for that Lucky!). http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...=Dragon+Valley

Here's a picture of initial deployment:

We'll discuss this further during the ATC session this Tuesday, however, feel free to post questions or suggestions in the mean time. I'm looking forward to a win and wish all you best of luck on the ground and in the air.
    Last edited by NorCalRoach; 09-10-2006, 05:45 PM.

Re: =US=Scrim Tactics Dragon Valley

During initial deployment, have squad members pull fast attack vehicles (jeeps) from the front line to the rear, forcing opponent to use slower vehicles and transport helos.
    I'm a longshot reserve but this caught my attention. Are you going to have every fast moving vehicle pulled back somewhere? Thus even if they took all those northern flags they would always have to move in a slow vehicle, transport or on foot to reach the southern flags you plan to defend. The hard part would be not having them blow up due to no using them or get bombed. I could imagine some crazy scenario where you park 10 light vehicles somewhere and have one guy rotate it to each one so it stays active. A bit silly but I can see the advantages on a map with no stock bleed and lots of air power.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Wait, even though all the jeeps spawn on our side initially do they blow up after a certain period of inactivity? What I'm saying is if they do not explode after a certain time just bring them all back into a remote corner of the map or even back all into the warehouse building at the refinery so they do not get bombed.

Comment

Every vehicle blows up after a while if left unused. All it takes is a quick hop in every 30-60secs or so to keep it active.
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Greetings,
          Squad 7 here.

At market, there is a gunship and an APC. I believe we should get the most out of these two assets before the enemy takes the flag.
          Furthermore, there is an APC at River Village

Seven can take the Gunship back to the Refinary and have it on strict defense, allowing squad 2 to have more range.

Or we can very welll drop it off at hill village or powerstation.

Depending on what u want, i can practice this week with the gunship to better get the job done.

When the APC die they will respawn in enemy hands, the gunship will be lost unless the flag is retaken.
          We can also drop the APC off at Hill village if u would like.
          We can drop one APC off at Wood Yard if u like.

I know that taking the jeeps will slow them down, but if we can keep the big guns we will be in better shape.

Also, explain the usage of C4, i may not be getting this. I know it will slow them down a bit, but we have got to get those assits out of there quick. I feel like we have enough time to do it but i do not know if it will be worth it. I just need some closure.

Cheers.
          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
            I'm a longshot reserve but this caught my attention. Are you going to have every fast moving vehicle pulled back somewhere?
            I just want to take away their quick menuevers for a short time early on to give me some time to see where they're headed and what's they're priority. The slower vehicles and footsoldiers will give that away. We'll eventually lose the buggies and jeeps will spawn in their place, unless of course our guys wouldn't mind parking the jeeps under cover at the refinery and jumping in and out to keep the jeeps from blowing up.

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
            ....At market, there is a gunship and an APC. I believe we should get the most out of these two assets before the enemy takes the flag.
            Good point Rick. It's my understanding that a transport chopper is based there along with an APC. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and an attack chopper spawns there instead. For better or for worse I decided to abandon the market since it will be hard to support with reinforcements and I want to keep the squads closer together. You're right, both assets are juicy targets there but with this strategy they'll eventually get it anyway and the priority is to hinder their initial advance. I'd rather you take the buggies/jeeps back ASAP since it is faster and more agile in evading our air power and could easily blow through our defenses at the start of the round if they have them.

As far as planting C4, I was originally thinking that you'd set them around the flag, but you got me thinking and it might be better to just plant C4 on these assets instead and have your guys blow them up as soon as you see the vehicles disappear from the map. Let me know what you think.

....there is an APC at River Village
            I've instructed Clawhammer what needs to happen w/ that APC. For the most part I'll be working through the SL's to coordinate where the heavy armored vehicles should go depending on the intel I get.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalRoach View Post
              I just want to take away their quick menuevers for a short time early on to give me some time to see where they're headed and what's they're priority. The slower vehicles and footsoldiers will give that away. We'll eventually lose the buggies and jeeps will spawn in their place, unless of course our guys wouldn't mind parking the jeeps under cover at the refinery and jumping in and out to keep the jeeps from blowing up.
              Gotcha. Sounds good.

And rick/norcal. Its just a transport that spawns at market....no gunship.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

The atc pic shows sq 4 (33rd) moving to the woodyard ( I think that's the name) and sq 5 moving to village. But the tactics say for sq 4 to move to village.
                |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer View Post
                  The atc pic shows sq 4 (33rd) moving to the woodyard ( I think that's the name) and sq 5 moving to village. But the tactics say for sq 4 to move to village.
                  Good catch. I got the squads reversed in the picture. S4 (Clawhammer) will go to village and S5 (Bommando). will go to woodyard. I'll try and change the picture later.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalRoach View Post
                    As far as planting C4, I was originally thinking that you'd set them around the flag, but you got me thinking and it might be better to just plant C4 on these assets instead and have your guys blow them up as soon as you see the vehicles disappear from the map. Let me know what you think.
                    That would not only be hillarious, but pretty damn effective and itd take off quite a few tickets. Each guy bringing the fast vehicles back from base could put 2 C4s on any APCs and tanks leaving the base they spawned at. Of course, plant the C4 on the bottom of the armor so that it isnt noticeable. Their job for the next ~5 minutes would be to stay alive and watch their minimap to see when assets get picked up.

What would be extra cruel is to let the armor come near our defenses, and THEN explode it. Not only would that mean they wasted time coming to the front, but theres more likelyhood that the APCs have more than 1 person in them.

One last unrelated thing, the woodyard can be defended much farther north than where the actual CP is. Have the SL with C4 across the road, mines at the actual entrance, someone on a TOW, and the last guy inside the APC. This should delay any attack long enough for either reinforcements to help, or for the air squads to mop up. Also, the TOW from the hill village can hit anything on the road north of the woodyard, so whoever mans that should be apt with the TOW.

Comment

/shakes fist at the PRIMA official game guide.
                      I knew having three gunships on one side was too good to be true.

I agree with the C4.
                      Tickets, not getting those back,
                      plus, their push south will be retarded by having the armor taken out when they get close. If they start to get close to a friendly flag, have people over teamspeak say that an enemy apc (PLA) is approaching, and to blow the C4.
                      Taking the fast movers will be good cause they are a smaller target for the air support. plus they have very little hitpoints. However, the enemy CO does have two vehicle air drops, or is this gone with 1.4?

Comment

The biggest thing i am worried about is the enemy not focusing on their north flags once they get them, and hitting us in large masses.

Due to your scane function, we can keep them honest by hitting a poorly defended flag and getting out of there before arty or throw miines and C4 all over the flag and get lost... and wait until the time is right.

Squad 7 can make a raid on a northern flag if need be.

Comment

If we pull off that C4 stunt I will officially ROFL.
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                            That would not only be hillarious, but pretty damn effective and itd take off quite a few tickets. Each guy bringing the fast vehicles back from base could put 2 C4s on any APCs and tanks leaving the base they spawned at. Of course, plant the C4 on the bottom of the armor so that it isnt noticeable. Their job for the next ~5 minutes would be to stay alive and watch their minimap to see when assets get picked up....
                            That's the idea. Good points about the Wood Yard as well. You should bring those points up in the ATC session tomorrow.

The biggest thing i am worried about is the enemy not focusing on their north flags once they get them, and hitting us in large masses...
                            I'm concerned about this as well and I'm going to count on your squad primarily to haul ass up to the north flags if we need to. But keep in mind that your squad will be support first and then quick attacks if needed second. We'll talk more at the ATC session.

Comment

I think Norcal knows this, since he's flown with me in the past, but I'm officially a terrible chopper pilot :p Don't count on any awesome Bodofooko-esque theatrics, but I'll do my best.

Also, if we lose Refinery, what should Rocketpunch and I focus on?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X