• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =US= Scrim Tactics - Operation Cleansweep

OPERATION CLEANSWEEP
    TG vs =US= SCRIM

Overview
    Damn big. Those are the two words to describe this map. There is simply no way for the ground squads to protect the whole island without diluting the overall defense. Therefore, the battle will boil down to east versus west. We will endeavor to hold as many of the eastern flags as possible, protecting our assets and airbases, while grinding down the enemy assault from the west.

Roster

CO
    BaneII

Squad 1 - 7th
    Bommando*
    Shiner
    shakeyjake
    thebleakaffinity
    nox
    RGM-79N_GM_CUstom

Squad 2 - 7th
    xTYBALTx*
    icky
    troblesome4u
    Dustermahn
    Gixxer_USMC
    P8triot

Squad 3 - 33rd
    Dark Viper*
    BigBill
    NorCalRoach
    Sumluv59
    B.Clawhammer

Squad 4 - 1st
    E-Male*
    Aculle
    Grunt70
    Mosely
    James315

Squad 5 – Irregulars
    Rick Recondo*
    |TG|Melee
    E0
    Dick Blonov

Squad 6 - Attack Helo
    WhiskeySix*
    RocketPunch

Squad 7 - Jets

Santa*
    Phoenixxfire
    jmaker

Tactics

Squad 1
    Deploys at Refueling Station. Grab armor. Destroy bridge. Mine the road in the water to the north. Hold off enemy coming from the Control Center CP to the north as long as possible. If Refueling Station falls, regroup and defend the south road to the Small Airstrip CP.

Squad 2

Deploys at Small Airstrip. Grab armor. Be prepared to assist S1 at the Refueling Station in initial defense. S2 will cover the area between the Refueling Station and Small Airstrip. If Refueling Station falls, then S2 will fallback and defend the north road while S1 takes the south road.

Squad 3
    Deploys at the Communication Center. Grab armor. Defend initially. Be prepared to move to assist at other eastern flags.

Squad 4
    Deploys at the MEC Airfield. Grab armor. Man AA. Deploy defensively.

Squad 5
    Deploys at Harbor. Grab armor and vehicles. Head towards Abandoned Village. This squad will be the backup squad. It will deploy to give assistance to any other squad. Always be in vehicles and ready to move out at a moments notice.

Squad 6
    Deploys at Communication Center. Grab attack helicopter. Use attack helo to defend wherever the frontline is at the current moment. Will be called upon to assist in defense of the back flags as necessary.

Squad 7
    Deploys at MEC Airfield. Grab jets. Initial deploy will be to destroy as many enemy troop transports as possible. If the Control Center CP is captured, then mission will shift to frontline support. Bomber will be key to inflicting significant damage to enemy at the front.

Goal
    Optimally, a frontline at the Small Airfield would give us a great killing field.

-33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Re: =US= Scrim Tactics - Operation Cleansweep

Probably obvious, but squad 1 needs to make sure the bomber doesnt get stolen. Might even want to have someone place C4 underneath where the bomber spawns should they actually steal it.

Comment

i agree with santa. I would put two squads MINIMUM on small airstrip. If you lose that flag, you lose your bomber and i would assume thats what they are planning to do.

Comment

Ummm...I know you have me in the jets squad. I can't fly any jets. I assume I would be the gunner/copilot. I just want to say if that's the case then I have not had a lot of experience in that position either. But I'm sure it's not too difficult. I just wanted to let everyone know that beforehand in case I suck at it.

Comment

Theres not much to it jmaker. Basically just keep your targeting view dead center so you see the nose of the bomber. Then you just click your mouse when a target locks. Hard stuff.;) Just get a little practice in beforehand....the Tornado in POE2 would give you that practice.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

You would be the gunner for the bomber, jmaker. Just like mantis said, it's pretty easy. Although if you wont be comfortable doing it, I can switch you.
            -33rd- BaneII
            Smokers & Jokers

Comment

You want me to gun? lol
              |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
              [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

No I want to do it now. You have all boosted my confidence. I am ready to kick ass sir!

Comment

If Bubba can gun, anyone can gun!
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

hm. See, and all this time I thought the saying was "If Bubba can gum, anyone can gum!"... thanks for the correction perry!

;) :p

Comment

Originally posted by perry View Post
                      If Bubba can gun, anyone can gun!
                      LOL. I feel better already. ;)
                      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Squad 5 here. We are deploying at Harbor. cool, but i believe we should be the extra layer between the enemy and the MEC airfield. So i do not understand why we are heading to Abandaned Village to back the lines, when the enemy has multible air transport. Plus they could get cheap with a jet.
                        I am more comfortable with them taking Abaandaned village and we containing them there with our close by gunship. The Abandoned village has two jeeps one boat and one at turret. No AA, so we can rape the lot of them with are gunship. I am not saying give them the flag, but it gives them little to work with.

Maybe i am not seeing the plan very well.
                        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

P.S.

We can very easily have a couple of guys spawn at the Abandoned Village and take the two jeeps and keep them alive as long as possible. This will further protect the gunship as it comes in for the harvest.

Plus, their CO will need to focus his vehicle drops at this spot instead of places further west.

Squad 5 can very easily spawn at AB village and very will give u one of these jeeps so they will not have the mobility and fire power on that flag.
                          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                            I am more comfortable with them taking Abaandaned village and we containing them there with our close by gunship. The Abandoned village has two jeeps one boat and one at turret. No AA, so we can rape the lot of them with are gunship. I am not saying give them the flag, but it gives them little to work with.

Maybe i am not seeing the plan very well.
                            You may be a little short sighted on this one. Your squad is not likely to be attacked right off and you will be in prime position to be a reactive squad to either help defend the airfield or communications central.

If I were the US team, I would push quickly for the Control Center to stop bleed. Then every subsequent attack would be for the Small Airstrip, the Communications Central and the Main Airstrip to deny resources and assets to the MEC. Those are high priority flags.

Your role is to defend the Abandoned Village, but I forsee events where you may be asked to reinforce at either Communications Central or the Small Airstrip or both. My advice would be to spread out at that flag, man the jeeps for quick transportation and maybe even request the first Vehicle Drop to ensure that your entire squad has the potential to be Very Mobile. What's the alternative? Guessing as to which flag the US will attack first? After the first scan by the enemy, I would hazard that the US would move to whichever of those three flags is lightly defended (which means the one Your squad is not at). Being in the middle puts you in prime time to react to their opening move. Think of your squad as a coiled snake, ready to strike no matter what direction they come in.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Should our air be concentrated in the opening moments on going for ground kills, blackhawk kills or dogfighting with their air? Seems like some nice early strikes on their boats and blackhawks couild get us an early ticket lead and reduce the impact of their initial landing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X