BF2 Helo's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Helo's

I've been searching for an answer to this for months and I must know!

The question: How do some chopper pilots fly pointing straight down, rotating without crashing?!

I was flying gunner the other day at Kubra Dam (LOVE THAT MAP) in a Cobra with a pilot that pulled it off with ease every time, but he wouldn't tell me for all the tea in China how he did it.

If anyone knows how to pull this maneuver off please tell me! If anyone has ever seen this ballet in the sky then you know how devastating it can be. TIA

Re: BF2 Helo's

Hehe, I love flying in vanilla bf2 for this very reason. The choppers are soo easy to fly and responsive too.

The key to doing this little trick is to have either a highly sensitive mouse and/or your sensitivity set really high, for your chopper controls, in the options. That and a bit of practice and understanding of how the chopper handles.

Im not quite sure how the game engine handles this little trick, but in order to do it you have to have quite a bit of speed to begin with, then you bank sharply to either side (I prefer right since its easier for me to constantly move my mouse in that direction).
    As you roll right drop your nose at the same time till you reach vertical (ideally your nose is pointed at the ground), and this is where the high sensitivity comes in, all it takes is a constant roll, or moving your mouse quickly and repetitively in the direction you want to rotate (the same direction that you dropped in from).

Its really just a barrel roll turned vertical (if you know how to do a barrel roll already). You just gotta make sure you keep the throttle up otherwise youll lose your speed and either drop straight into the ground, or end up upside down and at a low altitude.

At a less steep incline with this trick (really anwhere between 45 and about 80 degrees) you can pretty much keep it up circling forever over a fixed position. Ideal for and pesky ground troops and armor.
    Focused

Comment

PhoenixxFire...I know, you were one of the pilots I watched do this! Small world ain't it?!

Thanks for the tip, you are one hell of a helo pilot! I'm going straight to my local server to practice! Thanks dude!!! :)

Comment

Wow, sorry I dont recall you name, since I often try to let as many people gun in the choppers, when I fly, as possible (something that peevs me off on most public servers; it has 2 seats, so use them :row__585: ).

If you have any problems pulling it off based on my advice, then let me know. I say this mainly because its much different for me to explain it without actually doing it, since its almost second nature for me to pull it off without really thinking about what im actually doing with the keyboard or mouse.

Ill give it a run through on a server later, just to make sure that my advice is accurate.
        Focused

Comment

Cool, that'll work. I was trying it last night (with options & sensitivity all set to 10) and it was most difficult because I could not get it to work.

My user name in BF2 is not the same as it is here. My soldier name is "strike-4454" for Battlefield. Since I never liked it, but have racked up the most points with it, I use 7-Fire which is my name for COD4 and Halo.

Let me know if there are any other things I should be doing dude, that would be great!

Comment

I rememeber doing this in BF2, I dont think its possible in pr.

What Fire said is about right, you must have a high speed while turning. I dont think I could do this forever, at some point you will spin out of a perfect circle and have to pull out of it

The biggest tip with helis is knowing when not to accelerate, snapping the heli into position allows wild maneveurs like this without notice

Definetly an advanced tactic so your'll need practise before trying this one for real. It is a development of the normal strafe movement, with a lower nose and a higher lateral speed. Start off doing that well and increase the speed while you lower the radius of the circle

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Are we talking about circle strafing a target in a chopper?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                Are we talking about circle strafing a target in a chopper?
                Essentially, yes. Although its done at a very steep vertical grade while in the air. The best way to think of it, is as a cone, pointed end to the ground. Where the point is the nose of your chopper.
                Focused

Comment

Its a crazy way of diving while only 20 feet off the ground and not crashing. It's usefull for when you wouldnt be able to get an angle on them otherwise

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

If you know the land in the area, you can do something similar in PR, at least with LBs. to enter it, nose left while holding D (or right with A), then nose down. You should be circling backwards while nosed down, fairly quickly. With practice, you can hold it steady for minutes at a low alt.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X