1 minute tactical tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 minute tactical tips

Not many people will read through long books on tactics and try and apply them to the game.
    But PR will allow the use of your brain while playing for an advantage, the idea of this thread is very short tips that will improve your success, simply.

Please add your own or any you spot

I nicked these from here: http://dslyecxi.com/armattp3.html#formations

How and when you use the AA missiles makes a big difference, patience helps

This relates to the angle you fire from, flank exaggerates the speed of the aircraft.

For mines, try to place them where the road dips so that they cannot be seen before it is too late. If you can't find a dip, place them on the road where a tree shadow overlaps them. This makes them significantly harder to spot.

Very simple and yes it does make a difference in game unless they've turned off shadows or something like that.

The counter to this is the red flag man idea. There are times a troop(s) should walk in front of armour to guard against infantary attacks like this with the apc firing over the heads of the troops

AA & Mines are lethal when used correctly. Sometimes they're your only way to do anything but die in a game without use of easier toys such as HAT, etc. I hope this is of some help in desperate times

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

More simple stuff

Avoid your squad resembling the first pic by bunching up and the squad leader should not lead from the front.

People with scopes should fire over the heads of the others ideally.

You bait the enemy with m16 grunts, easy kills. The guy who is actually the threat has an m14 & alot more time to line up a shot without being fired on while the grunt gains the enemies attention then evades direct fire

I dont know the name of this firing formation but the guys at the back cover while the guys at the front reload, etc

The only difference Im suggesting is the guys on the front are more mobile and much further away.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

pennies make pounds

Ive been told this thread is bizarre which is fine so long as it is simple & memorable too :row__573:

Use of cover this time, a bit of effort and patience can go a long. Treat your APC like a hummer with its windows wound up and it will last much longer.
      The example here is EJOD but anywhere you can poke just the turret out is a great idea, it works especially well with this model but can apply to the Warrior and tanks too.

Spot the APC

Parking behind the smoking carcess of a tank, etc can save you from rocket fire too as well some smoke cover..

This isnt supposed to be a lecture btw, none of these ideas are original and if anyone want to add their own example or disagree with mine, please feel free

Comment

Re: 1 minute tactical tips

when your rifle is out of ammo, reload.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

duck

Comment

:row__635:

:icon_lol:

Thanks guys :p

Comment

Catching bullets with your teeth only works in cheesy action flicks.

---

Comment

Don't die.

Crouch, aim, shoot.

Line up shots before scoping/aiming.

Comment

Crouch behind cover, and pop up to shot. Don't wait to watch the body hit the ground and chortle at all the crazy dying animations, duck again.

Stagger your squad's attacks to allow continuous firing on a target while some are healing wounded/reloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                    Don't die.
                    lol I use this one all the time. Seriously I agree because not dying (as opposed to always attacking banzai! style) is valuable to the team because you can still bluff out the enemy and distract them from their original aim.
                    I'm basically talking about guerilla tactics and 'living to fight another day'.
                    Actually I find this is most relevant in a helicopter battle, but I think it can apply even to less mobile infantary battles and certainly normal vehicles.
                    Running away, tactical retreat or withdrawing to deep cover (not alot of that in bf2 though :/) is something I fully support, so simple it sounds stupid but Im sure its a good practical tactic, worth emphasizing :)

PR is due to remove the scoreboard I believe for basically these reasons. Along with a few other things hopefully tactics will be more usefull then banzai next version

I checked the site in the OP and its mentioning something similar, drawing fire with 1 set of troops while the rest of the squad attacks from the other side. The guys drawing fire arent doing anything but not dying but its really valuable when almost no bf2 squad Ive seen properly watches behind themselves when distracted by something they can attack

You can do this tactic solo almost, especially with grenades (harder to trace/return fire on), the skill would be spotting the situation and timing it. Anyway I think its another point in favour of never travelling in one lump as a squad/team

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp3.html#grouptactics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banzai_charge
                    Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 12-06-2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Order your men to do the following upon their dying:
                      1. Hold on your position until two men respawn (or more, as the situation requires)
                      2. Do not fire from your position unless attacked
                      3. Guard approaches to the SL while holding
                      4. Await "go" order from SL

While not applicable to all situations, these steps allow the SL to increase the force ratio against the enemy, and enable the men to maintain a higher level of cohesion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Go down hills. Very Fast.

If something gets in your way....turn.
                        Beatnik

Comment

Sounds a good way to tip it. If you jump out of a vehicle on a slope it will often slide down, you can use this as moving cover while advancing on an enemy at the base of a hill

Concrete trees, unrealistic but usefull when stopping a rocket hitting the front of the tank especially in this highly exposed area on the side of a river.

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                          Line up shots before scoping/aiming.
                          Yea I agree with that one if only so you dont over expose yourself. You can do this on EJOD just by lining up street corners so that you end up with a viewpoint similar to the crack (hinges) of an open door.
                          I dont have a shot of that but hopefully you get what I mean from this:

I should have taken a shot with the view through the scope but I did not so here it is blown up a bit

The main point of these examples is that you gain alot of cover without really losing anything from the main focus of your view.

In BF2 theres this princess and the pea effect, if you know that story. The smallest of 1 pixel tall figures on the horizon can become obvious just because it stands out, bushes and grass and all that dont render at long distances but fixed parts of the building like this aircon unit will always scale because they rely on vector transformation not texture of pixel/brush scaling
                          Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 12-15-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

E-Male - this tactic is not really applicable in the upcoming weeks

Comment

Do not be predictable, keep the enemy guessing at where you will be next.

When your in a fire fight and you have cover like a wall. Duck behind the wall and move a bit to the left or right. I have done a lot of nice head shots on enemies that have ducked behind a wall and popped back into the same position that they just fired from. The same thing can be said of tanks that move back to get fixed, then move to their original position only to get hit again.

You can also apply this to tactics. If you keep attacking a position from one angle and keep dieing. Switch angles, try a different side.

I could give more examples but I'm sure you get the idea.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X