Soldier class?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier class?

I have been thinking about this for awhile and I have been wondering if other people agree with me. Soldiers is the last class you should think of taking. I was wondering it while I was playing today. The soldier really is a useless class. Its not useless because it sucks but because it doesn't really offer much compared to the other classes. Engineer has mines, can repair stuff, and has a shottie. Medics have a very effective weapon and the ablility to heal and revive teammates. Support has a light machine gun and can give ammo to others. Spec Ops has a good weapon and has C4 to blow up brigdes and other important things. AT soldier well he has a rocket launcher and with tanks, jeeps, and IFVs running around having one is important.

To sum everything up personally I think everyone should look at the squad they are in think about what roles need to be filled and fill them. Also if you have to choose between being a soldier or a medic or spec ops go with the other opinion its just more useful.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Soldier class?

But assault is more flexible. You have a rifle with decent range and power, a grenade launcher that can really hurt any vehicle, and can also take out pockets of troops FAST. It also can kill a buggy in 1 to 2 hits, which is useful. And then it has smokes, which is good for breaking in. Spec ops is nice, but I miss the grenade launcher too much. Medic I just dont like. Engineer cant do range, I always die immediately as support. Assault just seems the class best fitted for me.

However, I am still willing and able to go to a new kit if my squad requires it.

Comment

Assault is the best class at killing infantry (unless it's half a kilometer away). When you come around a corner and find a Spec Ops he's probably going to loose because he has no armor and a weaker rifle, you will be glad you are not him. Engineers, snipers, and medics do not have armor. The Anti-Tank has armor but his rifle (if he has a rifle) is less powerful. Assaults may be slow but it's not like you're going to outrun a bullet anyways and the smokes are nice.

Comment

In the old days of BFDC, I don't believe things like armor existed, at least not that I remember. In BF2, each role has a different armor class, sprint capabilities, and different weapons. I think many ppl will take something other than the standard soldier, but there is definitely a benefit in using them.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Actually, I disagree. Assualt is my second favorite class now. Why? For the reasons noted: good firepower, not hamstrung up close, decent armor, etc...the only downside is chasing Devilman and the rest his Special Forces bretheren across the map-assault walks and runs SLOW. Not as slow as support, but still, SLOW.

But now that I am getting the hang of the Sniper thing, doubt I will play it much.

Comment

I'm really getting into the assault class. Once you get the hang of the grenade launcher it really comes in handy. I beleive you can also nade a flag area while parachuting which can be really effective. It's just hard to get the trajectory thing down.

Does anyone know for sure that classes have different armor ratings?

Comment

Here is a good article/review of the different classes.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3141460&did=1

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by metalspark
                Does anyone know for sure that classes have different armor ratings?
                I have asked your question here.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

ahh thanks Tempus. Also didn't know about the sprint times but had a feeling some were faster than others.

Comment

I never knew they all had different armor values. Damage always felt random to me and there wasn't any armor values in BF1942 and BFV. However I still must admit there is usually a job position on your squad that should be filled please try to.
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

I've taken out apc's with all the grenades in that launcher. I believe all vehicles have weak spots. The thing I like about assault is it makes a great addition to an attacking force. If i'm assault i will pick well covered position and go prone and commence the smackdown session on an enemy flag.

FYI medic rifle is awesome.

- -

Comment

If I recall Vulcan the rear is the weakness on most of the viechles in the game.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

it is? ive shot a tank with 6 rpgs and it only took out half its ap.. wtf how do i kill stuff with it?!?!?! teach me :P

Comment

c4 :)

Anyway, I switched over to Spec Ops. I no longer go assault, and I suck at all other classes.

Comment

Aim for the sides of the tank or the rear of the tank rear should bring it down in 2-3 hits.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X