Medic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic

This is just a bit on WHEN and WHEN NOT to revive a wounded team mate. I'm tired of medics running around reviving just for points instead of strategy. Getting killed by an APC or Tank sucks enough, but getting revived out in the open where the vehicle still sees you and you die again is just annoying.

WHEN to revive :
    1) When your ally is easy to get to.
    2) When your ally is clear of enemies.
    3) When the enemies are distracted.
    4) When your ally can escape fire right as he gets revived.
    5) To get players back up to fight a frantic battle.

WHEN NOT to revive :
    1) When your ally is stuck under the wheel of a tank.
    2) When your ally just got killed and still has enemies staring at him.
    3) When an enemy shoots the medic that you saw try to revive the ally you also wanted to revive.

These are just a bit of medic strats to revive. This actually happened to me, I play the Medic class and got chopped down by a tank. A team mate ran to me to heal me right as I got killed by the tank, and was also chopped down. Then another medic that saw that medic get blown away also came to revive us... and was wasted by the same tank.

If you have any other tips for medic, please post them.

-StubbedToe

Re: Medic

Excellent post. It reminds me of a J.O tactic, where people would bait a fallen soilder to get the medic who was sure to come along.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

If you happen to have an assault squadmate with you, have him throw smoke to cover you while you revive your fallen teammates.
      Give me strength to save a life...

Comment

Hmm Good Point Also Its good 2 have another member who is watchign you guys so he can cover you

Comment

Hey! Good points, I usually try to remember these ideas, but in the heat of battle I forget, and turn into a lemming with defib paddles.

One other thing to consider is if more than one person in you squad is down, the squad leader should have priority. This one I never forget.

I am starting to discver, that while it is cool to be the hero and charge in to revive a squad mate, you need to keep a cool head, and a modicum of situational awareness. A dead medic is a worthless medic.

I was playing in a really good squad last night, and there were a couple of times where the squad leader went down while I was dead, and I couldn't reach him in time.
          Last edited by Mister_Penguin; 06-26-2005, 12:32 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Has anyone got a paddle kill yet? They can kill just as good as revive.
            Meat Drapes
            -[OIJ]-
            Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat_Drapes
              Has anyone got a paddle kill yet? They can kill just as good as revive.
              I got a paddle TK last night. I was going to revive someone and another medic came over and dove prone right on top of the guy... I killed him, revived the other guy and then was shot while trying to revive the guy I TK'd... Poetic justice, IMO...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ive been playing as a medic lately and when I play I usually try to stick with the squad leader. I like to attend to him before anybody else because he is our spawn point. I dont think many people care about their stats on the server, maybe im wrong but I know im happy when the team wins I could care less about how my stats look at the end of the round.

Comment

Agreed Turbo. I spend most of my time as a medic with my pack out near the SL. Though the runs to fallen comrades still out in the open are kind of fun once in a while too. ;)
                  "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    I got a paddle TK last night.

I didn't think you could TK with the paddles. I play almost exclusivly as medic and I'm pretty sure I've paddled some live team mates right after they were revived by another medic. I only play on ranked servers and I think all of TG servers are un-ranked. Could that have anything to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant
                      These are just a bit of medic strats to revive. This actually happened to me, I play the Medic class and got chopped down by a tank. A team mate ran to me to heal me right as I got killed by the tank, and was also chopped down. Then another medic that saw that medic get blown away also came to revive us... and was wasted by the same tank.
                      I petition to rename the "Medic" to "Lemming". Imagine the voice over ingame ;)

Another hint: Have the paddles long enough in your hands after reviving to let them reload. Spares you those awkward moments when the corpse disappears and you are still rubbing the paddles...

[defense]

Comment

I personally "dance" around a revive if I miss or if there are multiple revives needed in the vacinity rather than laying down (alot of you have more than likely witnessed this). I utilize Sprint + dive to prone or straight to prone and back to standing after hitting a revive. I monitor my sprint and medpack bars all the time and scan around. ALWAYS keeps those paddles charged. The worst thing is to come up to a pile of bodies with a pair of uncharged shockpaddles. Notifiying a SL that there are multiple revive markers allows them to know the severity of a hot CP. A good squad will inform you as a medic how many seconds they have till their respawn timer is up. A good medic can judge the situation by their sprint bar, the terrain, and possible routes to the corpse versus the player's alotted spawn time.
                        I also like to announce the following over VOIP to my squad:

- Health packs are on the ground, as well as alerting injured squad members of my position and location of my packs.

- If I am about to revive them in case they are staring at their in game map while waiting for respawn

- That I have fallen in battle and my kit is available to use to revive myself or other teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                          A medic in a tank can be quite handy with their healing radius, especially with an engineer in the turret. The medic can jump out to drop packs or revive if necessary while the engy takes the wheel, then the engy can jump out to fix the tank when it gets damaged.
                          Yeah, I hate driving (solitary) tanks when I'm an engineer. My opinion is: what's the point? I can't repair when I'm driving so any engagement I'm either getting blown up or running away to repair all the time. Medic is the best kit for tank driving because you can keep the engineer trying to fix your tank alive without leaving the vehicle.

I love it when enemy SLs load up their squads with medics and no assaults. With an assault kit I'll usually win any engagement against a medic, and then I can use his kit to heal me afterwards! Rinse, repeat. It's like a medpac delivery service.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                            I'm still waiting for ultrablue, the medic to end all medics to post his wisdom.
                            He did, as you were typing your essay. :icon_razz Nice tips guys, I usually feel overwhelmed when I am a medic so I just run around like a crazy nut.

I like to tell people when I am going to revive them so they get ready to move quickly. I am not the best medic though I get caught up in the fighting, sometimes I don't even notice when people go down. I have to focus a little more on reviving people not fighting.

Comment

Always make sure to shock-paddle opposition snipers when you find them ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X