The Enemy Commander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Enemy Commander

Reading some post gave me an idea about a specific type of squad. I'll break it down for ya.

2 Spec Ops
    1 Sniper
    2 Medics
    1 Support

This is how they could be used. Spec Ops concentate on blowing command stuff up, Medics try and keep everyone up, Support does his best to cover everyone and reload the Spec Ops, the sniper finds the Enemy CO and drops him. This could be repeated as often as the commander wants it. Otherwise they are versitale enough to be on defense or offense. This could be for either side, but be careful that you don't just start spawn camping do your job and high tail it out of there. Something interesting about MEC, they have to steal a boat or drive the apc out there to finish their objective. USMC have it easier they can either take the river boat , apc or blackhawk.

On a side note I think the APC's need to be able to carry a full squad.
    sigpic

Re: The Enemy Commander

Actually, not a bad squad, save for the fact that the support guy is so much slower than the SF guys that he's rendered useless in his assigned role. You'd be better off swapping him for an assualt, so you get smoke and grenades.

Comment

Thats not an option ;)

Spec Ops NEEDS more c4, and support has it. Besides, its not like the support is gonna be right up there with the SF. He'll probably be the SL anyways. Snipers are targets, you need medics to heal the SL, and SF are targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Xen
        On a side note I think the APC's need to be able to carry a full squad.
        Instead of wishing for the ability to carry 6 in an APC, have the extra grab an armor to provide backup to the APC. Not only does it give the full squad mobility, but you get more fire power and protection for the APC.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
          Instead of wishing for the ability to carry 6 in an APC, have the extra grab an armor to provide backup to the APC. Not only does it give the full squad mobility, but you get more fire power and protection for the APC.
          Fortunately not all maps are riddled with tanks. :D Having a tank as support is a great idea, but not always possible.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
            Fortunately not all maps are riddled with tanks. :D Having a tank as support is a great idea, but not always possible.
            Good point... I gotta remember to look beyond the demo. That wont be a problem soon enough.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Personally I don't see the value in simply killing the enemy commander.

What is the cost of the resources you are applying to accomplish this task? Is it worth the 15 seconds the commander is out of action for? It just seems like those resources could be better used performing defensive functions for an existing flag rather than sending them off for a 15 second moment of glory.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Another thing is, how do you know where he is? Wouldn't you have to search the whole map to find him. Does a star appear above his head when you are on the other team?

Comment

Originally posted by turbosol16
                  Another thing is, how do you know where he is? Wouldn't you have to search the whole map to find him. Does a star appear above his head when you are on the other team?
                  No, it doesn't. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the guy sitting in the far West bunker on OMAN that never moves is the CO.

Generally, I'm with Apophis about this. It's not worth the effort or the resources to chase down the enemy CO, since they will respawn momentarily. Unless they are dumb enough to be on the battlefield, in which case, by all means, show him the error of his ways.

Plus, killing the enemy CO is slightly off task, isn't it?

Comment

I was looking at it in this way, if you cut the head off, it will grow back but that's 20 secs of him not giving orders or being able to respond to assaults on another part of the map. Plus, if the commander know's the enemy is gunning for him I can garrentee he'll divert resources to protect himself or be constantly going back and forth between the command screen and main screen. Either way he is either weaking his assault and defense forces or not paying full attention to the battle.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you somehow know where he is, prep an assault, and then send a couple people to kill him. You should know him since his name appears by artillery kills, but check the scores to see if he's still there. Then, if jumping in front of him doesnt elicit a response, hes in screen and you can kill him. After that, he spends 15 seconds respawning, then another few to find a safe haven, and then he has to hurry and find out what me missed. 30 seconds later, he pops in to find that 1 flag has been lost and a third is under heavy assault. Oh, and his artillery was destroyed, along with his UAV and radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                        If you somehow know where he is, prep an assault, and then send a couple people to kill him. You should know him since his name appears by artillery kills, but check the scores to see if he's still there. Then, if jumping in front of him doesnt elicit a response, hes in screen and you can kill him. After that, he spends 15 seconds respawning, then another few to find a safe haven, and then he has to hurry and find out what me missed. 30 seconds later, he pops in to find that 1 flag has been lost and a third is under heavy assault. Oh, and his artillery was destroyed, along with his UAV and radar.
                        This scenario just seems far fetched. Every time I have been commander and been killed, it didn't take some grand amount of time to get back into action nor was there any "unique" opportunity to do anything that didn't exist beforehand.

Here's a test for you.. If you're trying to develop tactics around an action you WANT to perform, it's most likely not part of a solid strategy. The tactics you develop should derive from the your strategy, not from the desire to just go kill stuff or come up with a reason to attack a single person.

Comment

I should have greatly exxagerated that first section of the first sentence ;)

I highly doubt that you would definately know where the enemy comm was, and even if you knew, would your own comm (if you have one) be capable himself to take advantage? :P

It's a hypothetical question, but if done right it could be useful. If you took out the comm's radar, UAV, and artillery before you mobilized the attack force, then mobilized it and killed the comm, it could possibly deal a great blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                            I should have greatly exxagerated that first section of the first sentence ;)

I highly doubt that you would definately know where the enemy comm was, and even if you knew, would your own comm (if you have one) be capable himself to take advantage? :P
                            Possibly.. But I still think you're trying to create a tactical advantage to performing an act that you WANT to do rather than defining your tactics based on the overall strategy to win the map. It's kind of like putting the cart before the horse.

Comment

I think you missed an edit.

Anyway, its more like I'm desperately digging for any tactic that could benefit to any degree by having the commander out for less than half a minute. Sadly, its only long term that no commander hurts that much.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X