New respect for assault class....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New respect for assault class....

yesterday while I played as assault I really began to respect it for what it is capable of. That M203 is wicked! From a hilltop while my team was assaulting a base below I layed many a people to waste with the 203. Once you get your trajectory figured out it is simply a matter of leading targets. Good stuff!

In the pursuit of... something.

Re: New respect for assault class....

I too developed an affinity for the Assault class last night. That M203 is invaluable in the Urban settings.
    He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks. - Sun Tzu, Art of War

Comment

Yes, I think the 203 will be great once you get the hang of it. On the demo server Tuesday night, I had buggies try to run over me twice as an assault.

M-203: 2
      Buggy: 0

Hehe, other than that, I haven't quite mastered the art of aiming it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JBRanger
        From a hilltop.....
        Keep your head down soldier: an assualt lobing M203 grenades from a hill is perfect sniper bait. :icon_razz

Comment

Roger that! Good thing most of these guys can't hit the broad side of a barn! :) Actually I was taking out snipers! That was the fun part! Then the oblivious medic coming out to heal the now downed sniper was my next target. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by TG_JBRanger
            Roger that! Good thing most of these guys can't hit the broad side of a barn! :) Actually I was taking out snipers!
            Dude, that's just wrong. Fratricide!

BTW, congrats on the new TG tag!

Comment

Those medics need to be careful, that soldier went down for a reason. M203!!!

Comment

I dunno that M203 wasn't working well for me. It just doesn't kill people in one hit. I guess I missed but its ok it wasn't important for the map I was on.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                  I dunno that M203 wasn't working well for me. It just doesn't kill people in one hit. I guess I missed but its ok it wasn't important for the map I was on.
                  I've had similar disappointed results with the 203. The blast radius is too small, IMHO. It's nice *when* you can drop the thing right on top of a baddie or two but if you're off by a couple feet you won't kill em.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    Dude, that's just wrong. Fratricide!

BTW, congrats on the new TG tag!

LOL! Yea, I know!

Thanks for the heads up. Bought time I did the whole "TG" thing. LOL!

Comment

the assualt kit is awsome

Comment

My appreciation for the assault class is derived from two main things. A) Body armor and B) smoke grenades. :) Toss smoke into the objective area next time before you charge it if there are defenders lying in wait. For added fun, charge in with your knife at the ready. ;)
                        "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Comment

The body armour is the clinching factor for this class. On maps through the cities, I enjoy using a "beefier" player, so obviously that's assault class. On longer maps, I prefer the Spec Ops for mobility. The m203 is a great touch, but I also find the splash damage to be weak. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, I hope it doesn't turn into a mobile artillery (reference to Bridge in America's Army).

Comment

Assault is my fav class. I see lots of people play as Spec Ops but never get a chance to use their bread and butter - the C4. I see them get pwnd becuase their rifle has slightly less oomph and they have no body armor, yet they always be them. Don't have anything against the SPec Ops at all, but if when there's no opportunity to use their unique skills, might as well be assault.

I wish the Assualt class could run for longer stretches though.

Ooo, quick question about Spec Ops. If they are invisible to radar (I'm assuming UAV and the Scan), does the "spotted" command paint them on the map?

--JP
                            --JP

Comment

I'm pretty sure their only invisible to a scan. I am sure they can be "spotted" and thats all a UAV does...so yeah, invisible to a scan.

When I get stuck on MEC or PLA I play assault a lot! I like the fact that their gun has a full auto setting if I need hole up in a tight space. The semi-auto is great for ranged gunfights.

Last night we were playing Sharqi Peninsula, and our squad was holed up int the construction site as MEC. The Marines held the point to the west and we were generally making long ranges. For a while I wipped out the grenade launcher and started using it as a semi-mortar. I got a couple assists and one TK...oops. I suppose I have more to learn about the grenade launcher.

Has anyone come up with a maximum range for it yet?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X