Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactics for crew in troop carrying heli...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics for crew in troop carrying heli...

Bail out! Use that parachute. Leave one gunner in the helicopter and the rest bail out to cap that flag! We used this last night and it took the enemy squad at that position by complete surprise.

This will also keep that lumbering behemoth of a helicopter from staying over a target too long. Those things are sitting ducks for other aircraft or AA.

Just my .02 cents.

In the pursuit of... something.

Re: Tactics for crew in troop carrying heli...

what is the max altitude for the helos? I cannot get past 250m. The reason I ask is that HALO was a great feature of DC.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Nice idea. I'll forward that ceiling height issue to our mod team and see if they can increase that in whatever final version of the mod comes out. Plus I would really like to use the square sail to full effect. I suspect you could glide halfway across a map if you start high enough!! It will all come down to lag issues I'm sure.

Comment

During SP...I have got in a jet and taken it to MAX ceiling and bailed. Yes, you can sail clear across a map.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

As a pretty basic "tactic," FINGERS OFF OF THOSE TRIGGERS. Nothing spoils the surprise of your infiltration like some idiot spraying bullets in all directions just to hear the sound of the miniguns.

I am a little rusty with the BF helo controls but there is a "dead spot" directly above the stingers where they cannot point-in and lock-onto the helo. I zoom-in the minimap for more precision in getting over the flag.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

They cant shoot at anything if the Helo is doing barrol rolls/Backflips...
            lol
            Oyee

Comment

Twisted and I had a pretty good thing going with the blackhawk earlier today. Just the two of us, I piloted and he gunned/repaired. It worked surprisingly well, and we were very effective in supporting our ground troops.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_j
                Twisted and I had a pretty good thing going with the blackhawk earlier today. Just the two of us, I piloted and he gunned/repaired. It worked surprisingly well, and we were very effective in supporting our ground troops.
                I'll vouch for that! We were on the recieving end of all your helo lovin!

I definately like the Blackhawk better than that bus the MEC/PLA get. The thing handles like a rock...or a bus...

Miniguns > AK wassuname every time.

Keep your head down! - If your being heckled by jets fly the Blackhawk real low while traversing an open area. And if you get damaged beyond repair climb quick so you can bail out. - Duh!

As for jumping out of the chopper, I find you capture the flag just as fast by hovering the full load above the flag.

A good Chopper squad would look like this:

Pilot - Medic (Probably squad leader)

Gunners - Medic/Support

Hot Seats - 2x AT (1 on either side in the blackhawk)
                1x Engineer (to keep things nice)

Comment

Originally posted by TG_JBRanger
                  Bail out! Use that parachute. Leave one gunner in the helicopter and the rest bail out to cap that flag! We used this last night and it took the enemy squad at that position by complete surprise.

This will also keep that lumbering behemoth of a helicopter from staying over a target too long. Those things are sitting ducks for other aircraft or AA.

Just my .02 cents.
                  While this works great, the only problem is if you pick those guys back up, then you leave no one to defend the base, what is the point of taking a base and leaving no one there to defend it. Nothing drive's me nuts faster as a commander then to take a flag and have the guys move on, even after the commander tells them to defend, then guess what you lose the flag. If the base's are close one squad can take and defend 2 flags, leave 2 squad members a each base and have chopper and a gunner as back up.
                  Moders

Comment

I try to land the chopper somewhere outside the base, but pretty near, so I can get out and give my squad an extra gun, 'till its time for dust-off. Depending on the activity in the base, I might do some circle strafing to soften up the meat first - we dont want to get out of the chopper and have 500 guys firing at us while we reorient ourselves.

PLEASE: Couple of things passengers should do to help out the pilots:

1-- Don't fire at random crap unless its an enemy. Whenver I hear the chainguns going off, I try and steady the helo for the gunners' benefit. When there's nothing there its a waste of time.
                    2-- If you see an aircraft.. SPOT IT PLEASE OH PLEASE PUT IT ON THE FREAKING MAP. I can't even begin to explain how much easier it would be if I knew where the Jets were making their runs from. Can't hover behind a building if I have no idea where the birds are comming from.

--JP
                    --JP

Comment

in the demo i had a few guys im my squad take anti tank... it was crazy... we rocked infantry AND armor AND enemy helo's

my ideal blackhawk crew is

Medic
                      2 Eng
                      1 support
                      the rest anti tank... honestly its the best combo... the only problem with a full copter is getting a good balance of fire power and repairing...

oh and droping C4/mines out of a helo is dangerous but rewarding when it goes right :)

Comment

I'm with Phalen on this one.

Keep your head down. Its hard to get clipped by jets when you're creeping along the tree's, or between buildings. Mind you someone with anti-tank can hit you... but if you've got the gunner then it shouldn't be a problem.

Remember kids, terrain is your friend! heh. Leave the skys for the fast movers.

Comment

Originally posted by Phelan Ward

A good Chopper squad would look like this:

Pilot - Medic (Probably squad leader)

Gunners - Medic/Support

Hot Seats - 2x AT (1 on either side in the blackhawk)
                          1x Engineer (to keep things nice)
                          Actually, that's a pretty good load, i'd swap the Support and Eng. tho. As the Support can still suply lots of ammo while in a freefiring position, while the Eng's shotty won't do much in a firefight, even from 'up there'.

And the 2 ATs must a lot of fun... seeing missiles launched away from the 'hawk... bouya!

Comment

@ RedOak - the engineer can't repair unless he can use his wrench, otherwise yes. And you underestimate the power of the pistol. Besides the miniguns tend to take care of anything not encased in 14" of armor. (Which is where the AT guys come into play.)

I used this the other day as "BlackhawK" squad we racked up a squad score of something like 851. If you want your rank to pop up quick on the ranked servers, get a team together into a blackhawk on the right map. Stuff just dies, all the while you can hop from point to point capping flags. Then pop right on off to the next one leaving corpses all along the way.

It was hard for the AT guys to hit stuff though. You really have to hover which is difficult when being shot at by RPGs. They did manage to open up a few tanks and Vodniks though.

Comment

Oh? i didn't know you had to use the wrench to repair while 'in' the 'Hawk. My bad.

I'll just shutup then ;)

I love piloting, would be really willing to try that one day.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X