Article on tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article on tactics

This was already shared in the general forums, but after playing on your server this AM, I realized as squad leader that a few players didn't know certain tactic commands that would come in very handy when working together as a squad on BF2...

It talks about roles, suppression fire, flanking, and bounding over watch... If interested in the read check it out here:

http://www.simhq.com/_land/fps_021a.html

Great gaming with you guys today, off to bed...work night shift here.
    ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Article on tactics

Good stuff.

I really wish the squads could have 7 people max instead of 6. That'd give the SL two teams of 3 to work with and allow him to hang back and play it safe.

Comment

Agreed, though transporting would be more of a pain than it is now.

Good article, I'm in the middle of reading it, but work is done, time to go home.

--JP
      --JP

Comment

Man, I should bust out my MFOTS tournament Boot Camp diagrams. I have all of the stuff they talk about here. It's 100MB of jpegs.

One thing they did not talk about is one of the most basic tactics and that is slicing the pie (or "pieing the corner"). In first-person-shooters, this is accomplished by strafing away from the corner and pivoting into the corner.

So to turn left, you strafe right with your WASD keys and turn left with the mouse. For right turns you would strafe left and turn right. Practice by making clockwise and counterclockwise circles around the flagpole (or pop smoke and circle around that). Your crosshairs should never leave the pole/smoke.

As for the "clear," "stack-up" etc., etc., that stuff takes too long in-game so I would only use it as part of the train-up to do it automatically.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

If you noticed that article was about all tactical games, part 1 being SWAT 4 related, while part 2 was in reference to AA and BF2 type games.

But theres something there, I hope, for everyone to get something about using real world tactics in games. Makes it a little more fun. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X