Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlocked kits - are they all 'equal' improvements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocked kits - are they all 'equal' improvements?

I was thinking, some of the unlocked kits have to be a more marked improvement over the default kits than others. Do people have any opinions or data as to which kits are the 'biggest bang for the buck', which may not really be an improvement, etc?

Re: Unlocked kits - are they all 'equal' improvements?

I read a chat transcript with some PM from DICE that said the unlockables are not "better" weapons, just "different", and that the balance of the game does not change with them.
    |TG|MileHighAko
    |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

They aren't supposed to be but you know how that works out. So far though, there hasn't been any talk about one weapon being an Uber weapon.

Comment

I don't think any of the weapons are an uber weapon, but i think that certain weapons you will definitely favour. I don't like the Special Forces G36C for example when compared to the M4. As a Squad Leader I like having a weapon I can use accurately at range to support the squad without putting myself too much in the firing line.

According to the BFHQ screen in game, some of the weapons are an improvement in both accuracy and damage however, although they may have other flaws.

Comment

When you are in the game on the BFHQ page, you can view all of the player classes for each team. It also describes each weapon they carry and what the locked weapons are. With each weapon description it it gives an accuracy, damage, etc. rating (high, medium, low). What you'll find is that the alternative weapon may increase one stat, but decrease another.

The unlocked weapons aren't necessarily "better", but rather just different. One may offer more firepower and less accuracy, or more ammo and less firepower, etc. It's different for each weapon.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

My question is, when you unlock the wep. is it from then on the wepon you have to use with that class from then on? or do you get to pick from the old one or new one evertime.
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by twynn
              My question is, when you unlock the wep. is it from then on the wepon you have to use with that class from then on? or do you get to pick from the old one or new one evertime.
              thanks
              If the server allows unlocked weapons, you can toggle between the side's regular weapon and the unlocked weapon at the kit selection screen.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Look for a different thread titled "Damage Chart"

The SA-80, G3, PKM, and .50BMG sniper rifle seem worthwhile (in that order).

SA-80 gives the USMC medic a full-auto rifle instead of 3-round burst

G3 gives the USMC assaulter a full-auto rifle instead of 3-round burst

PKM gives improved damage to the Support.

The .50BMG gives improved damage.

(This is the order that I am going for them.)

The rest are not worthy...just for "cool guy" appeal.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

I've been using the Barret now and it lacks the accuracy to really take advantage of the extra power. The gun isn't an AWP and you can get outranged by M24s and overpowered by the SVDs rate of fire. My brother got the PKM which also has extra power but has less ammunition and accuracy. They at least aren't worse then the regular kits and give the owner more versatility but so far they've been more difficult to use.

On a side note you can steal the kits if the user is killed and in my opinion the Medic kit is an improvement.

Comment

I got the M95 Barret. I haven't noticed a difference between it and an M24. You know except for shooting the pilot outta that gunship this afternoon. That was the funniest thing ever. BLAM! Heli dropped like a rock. I really haven't found any difference in accuracy between this and the M24, though. They both have the same damage and it gives you a decent sniper rifle for the OpFors.

Also the G3 is very accurate and does more damage for the assualt but it only has a 20 round clip and you lose the nade launcher. I'll stick with my 203, thanks. The medic gun is really nice and I think that would be my second choice. You know, if I ever acctually decided to play 1000 more hours on ranked servers...pfft, yeah right.

Comment

The SA80 gives you full-auto and a scope but it will jam more often than your well-functioning M16. :icon_lol:

- It's who you game with.

Comment

To tell you the truth I really dont think the G3 is that accurate at all,but tell me what you guys think from using it.

Comment

The PKM is also a hell of alot more accurate. I was sniping of some people with it on Kurba Dam. Sniping people off at full auto on prone. :D

Comment

This is probably a stupid question but, how do you unlock the weapons? I got my 1st rank the other day and I thought that would unlock something but if it did, I don't know what.

Comment

You need to get your 2nd rank to start unlocking.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X