Any combat tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any combat tips?

I registered here JUST for this game. I LOVE IT!!! I've only played a little, but I just wanted to ask you fine folks a few questions on the game.

1. I know there's a roll to the side move by walking sideways and pressing the prone button, but are there any more moves like that, that I don't know about? Like a ninja backflip or something. j/k :p

2. Which weapon (besides the sniper rifle) is the most accurate for each country?

USA=
    China=
    IRAQI (or whatever) =

3. Are there any tips you could give on how to aim the grenade launchers when you're assault?

4. Is there a sight you can go to, to see your rank out of all the players? (if that's not a noob question, I don't know what is. :D)

5. Any other USEFUL information that you use alot.

Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Any combat tips?

Originally posted by Tranceviper

4. Is there a sight you can go to, to see your rank out of all the players? (if that's not a noob question, I don't know what is. :D)

It is called BFHQ. It is located under the main BF2 page. But this information is for ranked servers only. Currently, TG servers are not ranked, but they are trying on getting EA to allow it.
    Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Tranceviper
      I registered here JUST for this game. I LOVE IT!!! I've only played a little, but I just wanted to ask you fine folks a few questions on the game.
      Welcome Tranceviper! Please take some time to ready our BF2 rules, SOPs & announcements. (see my sig for link).

2. Which weapon (besides the sniper rifle) is the most accurate for each country?

USA=
      China=
      IRAQI (or whatever) =
      Also check out the BFHQ. It lists each class and the weapons they carry. It also gives accuracy ratings for each.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Hello,

Coming here about a week ago as an almost complete newbie to FPS games, here are a couple of things i've picked up. I have almost played exclusively as a medic or assault, so my experience is with those weapons...

Push the '3' button again to switch your fire select to semi-automatic unless you're in very close quarters. That seems to really help with your accuracy, and you can squeeze off shots in rapid succession without your weapon coming off target nearly as bad as using a burst. I started doing that on Saturday, and my kill ratio has went up significantly (as in I actually have a chance now LOL).

The grenade launcher is really nasty if you can use it from an elevated position, as you don't have to worry about it dropping nearly as much. I'm starting to learn it's trajectory pretty well just by trial and error. It is also very effective against light vehicles, and their gunners. :)

Well, hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by loktight
          Hello,

Coming here about a week ago as an almost complete newbie to FPS games, here are a couple of things i've picked up. I have almost played exclusively as a medic or assault, so my experience is with those weapons...

Push the '3' button again to switch your fire select to semi-automatic unless you're in very close quarters. That seems to really help with your accuracy, and you can squeeze off shots in rapid succession without your weapon coming off target nearly as bad as using a burst. I started doing that on Saturday, and my kill ratio has went up significantly (as in I actually have a chance now LOL).

The grenade launcher is really nasty if you can use it from an elevated position, as you don't have to worry about it dropping nearly as much. I'm starting to learn it's trajectory pretty well just by trial and error. It is also very effective against light vehicles, and their gunners. :)

Well, hope that helps.
          How do you aim with the launcher though? I see my guy flip up the "crosshair" and I'm like, uuuhhhh.......what do I do? I end up firing at close range and get lucky. But from what I've been reading on the assault kit, the grenade launcher is VERY effective once mastered. Any facts or tips on AIMING?

Comment

Re: 203.

Each notch represents a different distance away on level ground. So if your target is at the same height as you, you line up the correct notch for their distance and it will arc correctly to hit them.

Only thing I've ever noticed is that if your target is ~100-150m away at the same level as you, the second notch from the bottom is about where you need to aim.... Basically, though, it's just trial and error. Open up a single player game and aim at a flag so you can see the distance meter on it and just fire a few using different notches until you find the 'sweet spot'. Eventually you will get a feel for relative distance.

Comment

Hello, Im also new to TG. I really like what you guys are doing here. Just signed up Friday. I started out playing Spec Ops but realized my play style better suited the assault class. For the m203 the sights, IMHO arent really gauged, more like a reference point that you can eventually start to get the feel. For my part, if im less than 50m or so I can usually drop my m203 round on the brim of your hat. Further out than that..2 maybe 3 rounds to get you. I usually run with my 203 loaded till im out. Dont have to worry about accuracty when you come up against someone across the street from you..just hit the wall behind him...like a big shotgun ;).
              Anyway, my 2c's worth.
              fyi...if you see me driving...dont get in..run..hehe

Comment

For the accuracy question, the US M16 (Assaut, Medic) is pretty accurate, at medium-long ranges you can teart apatr AT, SF and Engineers, and probably support, especially if you use single shot, like Loktight said. In very close range fights, though you will get smoked by automatic weapons and shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by twynn
                  Hello, Im also new to TG. I really like what you guys are doing here. Just signed up Friday. I started out playing Spec Ops but realized my play style better suited the assault class. For the m203 the sights, IMHO arent really gauged, more like a reference point that you can eventually start to get the feel. For my part, if im less than 50m or so I can usually drop my m203 round on the brim of your hat. Further out than that..2 maybe 3 rounds to get you. I usually run with my 203 loaded till im out. Dont have to worry about accuracty when you come up against someone across the street from you..just hit the wall behind him...like a big shotgun
                  Yeah, the 203 is extremely effective when your targets are near walls as you don't have to worry so much about aiming and trying to land it right at their feet. Just shoot for the wall!

I do wish they'd change the 203 so you can't use it for really short range shots. It'd be nice if it were more like America's Army where the grenade needs a bit of distance before it "arms".

Comment

GREAT TIPS SO FAR. Thanks everyone. Here's a few more that have surfaced:

Is support good for ANYTHING???? It seems that even when I'm point blank with anyone, and I'm support, I still seem to die too quickly. Isn't the gun powerful, or accurate at ALL? Basically, I want to know who is best at CLOSE QUARTER COMBAT? Is the engineer better for close quarter? I LOVE the shotgun's, but I keep going with longer range weapons because I never get around to trying to go toe to toe with someone as an engineer. And is the armor on a lower to higher level, or is it an all or nothing when it comes to body armor? THOUGHTS, OR ANSWERS?

Comment

The support class is extremely powerful, but gone are the days of vietnam and the M60 just tearing up everything. It is terrible at close range, and this is because it is such a powerful weapon with recoil that it is hard to control when you are not prone (even kneeling is very poor for some weapons). When you are not aiming you will see a yellow crosshairs. The larger the crosshair the more innaccurate your shots will be - basically your shot could go anywhere within that area, to account for natural innaccuracies and weapon difficulties. This is why it gets bigger when you run, and when you stop it shrinks down again.

So if you are prone and aiming expect some good killing at medium and short range. Anything requiring movement and you are better off using an assault rifle.

Comment

not sure dint read them all but...DONT DIE!.....all the tactics in the world wont save you.....
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                          The support class is extremely powerful, but gone are the days of vietnam and the M60 just tearing up everything. It is terrible at close range, and this is because it is such a powerful weapon with recoil that it is hard to control when you are not prone (even kneeling is very poor for some weapons). When you are not aiming you will see a yellow crosshairs. The larger the crosshair the more innaccurate your shots will be - basically your shot could go anywhere within that area, to account for natural innaccuracies and weapon difficulties. This is why it gets bigger when you run, and when you stop it shrinks down again.

So if you are prone and aiming expect some good killing at medium and short range. Anything requiring movement and you are better off using an assault rifle.

So if you're support, and someone is rushing you, would you strongly advise them to go into prone IMMEDIATELY and fire away?? Also, again, how many shots with a shotgun does it usually take to clean someone's clock?

Comment

Yes I would advise that, but then I'd advise that with a lot of things. However doesn't work 100% on BF2 as it's not the most realistic of games. In particular I HATE it when people use 'jumping' as a dodging technique. BFV was rife with auto-jump bots, and whereas the jump is so high as to allow you to get up to things that you cannot climb to, it does make it ridiculous. Worse than spawn camping IMO, at least it uses up stamina.

So if you are prone and your enemy is jumpy-dancing around you then you are in for a hard time. And of course going prone also increases your chances of being hit.

Using pistol / runnign away might be better options in certain circumstances (as a SL my runnign and hiding skills are being developed every game i play ;) )

Comment

As a Support anything you hit on the move is just dumb luck. Don't expect to hit too often when you're standing either. Supports aren't going to be effective unless they're stationary and even then you really want to be at least crouching. Even if you're prone and stationary most shots will miss so you have to play the odds and put down as much ammunition as possible. Think long uncontrolled bursts, use the sights frequently, and remember the gun kicks up a lot so you have to keep pulling it back down.

As Medic, there's a couple threads on this, be careful who you revive. Let the guy with 2 dead medics laying on his chest die with dignity. All you're going to do is add a fourth person to someone's kill count and reset the dead guys death timer (I've been kept dead for nearly a minute by medics before).

With the pump action shotguns you can kill people in one hit but you have to be close.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X