Damage Chart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Chart

For those interested, here is the rated damage per weapon from the offical strategy guide:
    Last edited by Telorn; 10-28-2006, 08:59 AM.
    Telorn

Re: Damage Chart

Not to be a downer or anything, but could that be considered a copyright violation, copying the guide and posting it here?
    |TG|MileHighAko
    |TG-7th|Ako

Commander's Log:

Comment

Seems you can use the Sniper rifle just as well standing up as you can prone. That seems odd.

Comment

Wow, those numbers are absolutely bizarre.

Why the difference between the shotguns?

I am assuming that the deviation is a divisor (inverse relationship) so smaller number mean more recoil.

The game says that the AK-101 also fires a 5.56...why does it have more damage than the M16? If anything, it should have less (16" barrel for AK, 20" barrel for M16).

Why doesn't the G3 have roughly the same damage as the M24? Both shoot 7.62x51.

Why doesn't the SVD have *more* damage than the M24? The SVD shoots 7.62x54 (soviet version of 7.62x61 aka the .30'06 used in the M1 Garand).

The 92FS (pistol) has more damage than the MP5? Both are 9mm but the MP5 has a longer barrel!

The DAO-12, MK3A1, and G36C appear to be useless. Don't spend your unlocks on those!

There seems to be a transcribing error in the standing/crouching/prone numbers. They seem to be reversed (standing numbers are for prone) if the "higher numbers = less deviation" rule applies (see sniper rifles for validation).

How many hitpoints does each class have?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Originally posted by Ski-Racer
          Why doesn't the G3 have roughly the same damage as the M24? Both shoot 7.62x51.

Why doesn't the SVD have *more* damage than the M24? The SVD shoots 7.62x54 (soviet version of 7.62x61 aka the .30'06 used in the M1 Garand).

The 92FS (pistol) has more damage than the MP5? Both are 9mm but the MP5 has a longer barrel!
          Howdy - the M24 is a bolt action rifle, so all the propellant gases are used to force the projectile from the barrel, the G3 is an automatic rifle, so a portion of the gases are used to slide the action to eject the spent cartridge and load the new one, so the projectile gets less gase to force it out - so that's less power and so does less damage - similarally with the pistol and the SMG, they both fire 9mm parabellum rounds but more of the gas is used on the action in the MP5, so it's slightly less powerful but has a much higher cyclic rate... know what i mean? :)

Comment

Originally posted by joeyjoejoejr.
            Howdy - the M24 is a bolt action rifle, so all the propellant gases are used to force the projectile from the barrel, the G3 is an automatic rifle, so a portion of the gases are used to slide the action to eject the spent cartridge and load the new one, so the projectile gets less gase to force it out - so that's less power and so does less damage - similarally with the pistol and the SMG, they both fire 9mm parabellum rounds but more of the gas is used on the action in the MP5, so it's slightly less powerful but has a much higher cyclic rate... know what i mean? :)
            Welcome and well stated, hope to see you around more often, thats a handy bit of information.

And thanks Telorn, that helps alot too, now i know if i kill a enemy ill know for sure if his kit(If same type kit) is really better or not.
            Oyee

Comment

The DAO-12, MK3A1, and G36C appear to be useless. Don't spend your unlocks on those!
              The DAO-12 is a shotgun. So, a different weapon choice than your submachine gun.

The MK3A1 is a fully-automatic shotgun. Again, just a different choice.

The G36C has the best recoil characteristics, and basically ties for best shot deviation.

You want low numbers for deviation (how far away from the center of your crosshairs the bullet actually hits) and recoil. The modifier for standing/crouching/prone is a multiplier to your deviation, so lower is better. Same thing for the zooming mod: you get more accurate when zoomed in; your deviation is lower. It is odd that the minimum deviation for the sniper rifles is so high...that seems wrong. It is also strange that you can apparently be in any body position and have the same sniper accuracy.

Also, the chart says the ROF of the G36C is 600, but BFHQ says 750...
              Last edited by verbose; 07-02-2005, 01:57 PM.
              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Good chart. Thanks for posting. It illustrates some of my personal rules for accurate fire: use semi-automatic fire, crouch or go prone when you can, and always bring your weapon to your shoulder.

Damage seems awfully low on the M95 compared to the M24 by the way.
                |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks for posting Telorn. That's really helpful for us choosing kits or choosing which gun to unlock. I agree, there are some oddities in the data but I'm sure they can be explained. I agree with what Keith Mann said above, shooting in bursts or single fire and crouch/prone + ironsights/scope is the only way to shoot to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyjoejoejr.
                    Gas operation removes like 5% or less of the propellant charge. The more important criteria is barrel length which puts the MP5 ahead of the pistol.

I can understand the zoomed deviation of the sniper rifle if it is net of the zoom power (i.e., 10x normal deviation because of the 10x --or whatever Nx-- zoom).

Maybe there were some problems in transcription.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Wow, those numbers are absolutely bizarre....How many hitpoints does each class have?
                      I think I have the answers to all of your questions.

...game balance...

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighAko
                        Not to be a downer or anything, but could that be considered a copyright violation, copying the guide and posting it here?
                        Well shhh and enjoy. Sheesh.
                        Telorn

Comment

I can understand the zoomed deviation of the sniper rifle if it is net of the zoom power (i.e., 10x normal deviation because of the 10x --or whatever Nx-- zoom).

Maybe there were some problems in transcription.
                          Hello, lads, just a quick note, sniper numbers seem accurate, try firing a couple of shots unzoomed and you'll see the huge spread it has. Also, when multiplying minimum deviation with zoomed factor, you get a number quite equal to the SpecOps weapons', which might explain why I can succesfully snipe from medium/long range as a SpecOp.
                          The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

The DAO-12 is a very effective close range weapon. You can fire all twelve shots as fast as you can hit the mouse button and it kills in 2 or 3 shots.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                            BF2142 Names:
                            Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                            Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                            Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                            Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement