200+ support points???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200+ support points???

I was playing on an ECGN server and there was a blackhawk squad that had the whole medic/engy/anti-tank thing goin on, and they would grab the hawk off the start and go around and rack up the driver assist points. By the end of the match the pilot would easily have 200+ points, with the rest of the crew having anywhere from 70-150 points. Is this how EA intended it? I know they're not necesaily cheating, but it just doesn't seem fair to me.

Re: 200+ support points???

Well, you'd really have to ask EA themselves whether it is intentional or just an oversight, but I can certainly confirm the power of a well crewed BlackHawk. As a gunner you get kills, as anything else you get kill assists, as a medic you get healing points, and as an engineer you can end up with an absurd number of repair points.

However, from my point of view the whole scoreboard itself is worthless. One day you've got you face stuck in a corner twiddling a wrench and you're the golden boy of engineers and another day you're a Squad Leader fighting to keep that spawn point in the warmth of your heart alive for an hour and you come out with a cool 64th place. So if you want my advice, just close your eyes and rest for a minute in that little "score" phase in between rounds. ;)
    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
    [age-c1]
    [eng][air]

Comment

Originally posted by Appolyon
      I was playing on an ECGN server and there was a blackhawk squad that had the whole medic/engy/anti-tank thing goin on, and they would grab the hawk off the start and go around and rack up the driver assist points. By the end of the match the pilot would easily have 200+ points, with the rest of the crew having anywhere from 70-150 points. Is this how EA intended it? I know they're not necesaily cheating, but it just doesn't seem fair to me.
      Does it matter? Did his team win?
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

^^^ What he said ^^^

- It's a shorter read ;P
        Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
        [age-c1]
        [eng][air]

Comment

yeah his team did win, not that the blackhawk was a deciding factor though. Thing is that you can go through the ranks fairly quick this way though. Does rank do anything other than more weapons and a better chance at commander?

Comment

This might not be the right place to ask about rank stuff. =P

I can't speak for the rest of these guys, but I haven't so much as glanced at a server other than TG. (Which being unranked and happy, means no fancy awards) ;)

- However, if I were to head over to a pub sever for the purpose of rank I probably would try to get a BH squad together in order to minimize my time there. :D
            [age-c1]
            [eng][air]

Comment

While I'm not a fan of the ranking system, here are a few points for thought...

1) Sometimes our members aren't able to get into one of our full public servers so they have to head elsewhere...

2) To become commander, you need a higher rank.

3) To get a higher rank, you need to get a higher score.

4) SLs don't tend to get a high score, so the promotion system appears flawed in my eyes.

5) RAMBO players who are out just for the score don't "seem" like they would make good commanders.

6) Tactical Gamer is the BEST place for online gaming. (I had to throw this one in there. :D)

7) I think EA intended for teamwork to help your score, however they probably didn't realize the effect it would have on a blackhawk team.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I've done the blackhawk thing on the TG server. My squad score was about 850! You do get ridiculous kill, but it only works on a few select maps. Mashuur City is the best one for it because there is no AA on the map. People are stuck trying to shoot you down with AT missles and machine guns. But on some of the other maps you just can't get 100 yards before someone has a lock on you. The maps with the mobile AA are the worst.

Comment

I was on on the best squad I've had the pleasure of belong to Sat. night. I didn't really feel like I did much though. We just flew from flag to flag in the Blackhawk, jumped out occasionally to shoot a few ppl and flew to base for healing. Rinse. Repeat.

I had my highest score ever BY FAR. The squad had a HUGE score. Apparently, since we were ALWAYS together in a vehicle, we shared practially all scores. With a diverse team, we had lots of healing, supply and repair points most times we landed at a flag and friendlies were around. Anyway, I found the score odd, nice.... but odd.

I've had nights as SL, with a VERY effective squad, and only received a fraction of the points.

Comment

I disagree, but then so will the next guy, with me or you, as we each have our own preferences.

I find most satisfying the application of my greatest skills to my team's success. This applies both to me individually and as part of the team.

If I help my team win by giving the best of what I do best, I'm happy. If my team wins, and I think it's because most or all of us configured our talent distribution such that each of us was applying the best of what each of us does best, I'm VERY happy.

For me, presently, flying that blackhawk is what most likely is going to allow me to uniquely contribute to the team. So, for now, that makes me the happiest. Next week it may be something else.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Appolyon View Post
                      Sometimes i play with some friends doing the whole blackhawk thing. But occasionaly we just support the ground troops. Get a drive and have 1 support person and two non-upgraded assalt guys. Have them lobbing smoke bombs all day whilst the support gunner reloads them.
                      SpěkÉ

Comment

Originally posted by White-Knight-Spike View Post
                        Sometimes i play with some friends doing the whole blackhawk thing. But occasionaly we just support the ground troops. Get a drive and have 1 support person and two non-upgraded assalt guys. Have them lobbing smoke bombs all day whilst the support gunner reloads them.
                        It sounds like you are randomly throwing smoke grenades only to get more points. I haven't played Ranked in a long time, but playing that way with no attempt to "Win" doesn't strike me as fun. Maybe others will disagree, but I want the V.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Wow, how did you even find this thread? The Blackhawk thing really hasn't been an issue since sometime in late 2005, when they reduced the effectiveness of the guns, and changed the flag capture logic so that you can't hover over a flag and cap it in 3 seconds.

This does bring back memories of my first few times playing the game, though. I remember Phelan Ward flying a bunch of us around as we captured flag after flag after flag. Then I discovered that doing that kinda ruined the game for everyone.

I find it unfortunate that EA created an environment where people would feel the need to use "tricks" to improve their score.
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Thread FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!! Theyre coming to get you Barber.....er....Icky.....

Comment

Get back down and stay down! *stomps on thread*

We all agree that:

team>individual

and if score gets in the way of play and you go off without the best intrest of the team in mind, then that isn't TacticalGamer.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X