No announcement yet.

Project Reality for N00BS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Project Reality for N00BS

Although i'm new to this community I have played PR for quite some time. Iv'e noticed (Especially today since Version 1.0 was released) that the servers will be flooded with new members. Some of these members would be playing on our servers and will join the community if they seem interested. As of now this guide is unfinished and its how I would train new players and my outlook on the initial game itself, This is my teaching strategy and for you to voice your opinion (negative or not) will not make me question it.

Table Of Contents

Chapter One: The Battlefield and You

Chapter Two: Squad Structure

Chapter Three: Formations

Chapter Four: Vehicles and You

Chapter Five: Communication

Your Author~

You load up Project Reality for the first time, excited for what it entails. Maybe you were drawn to it by youtube for it shows great amounts of teamwork or you read about it online. But for what you will be spawning into is a hellstorm beyond your imagination. Slang and acronym is thrown at you from every direction as your squad leader screams we need ammo and medics on the city square, but as you go to aid the situation you get laced by enemy MG from down the street. You try a different route the next time you spawn in, you then get blown to bits by enemy armor. Thats when you wonder. How do I get better?

Chapter One: The Battlefield and You

Please take a moment to jot this down inside the back of your mind for this chapter is crucial. (in my opinion) Project Reality is not your average battlefield mod, Getting mass kills is not your objective. Defending/taking points or areas from the enemy is the objective. How do you successfully complete these objectives? Teamwork, Communication, and Discipline are crucial to win games.

So first i'm going to start you off with your first lesson, Discipline. Discipline is a skillset needed to carrout some of the most basic tasks without screwing up. The squad leader is your superior, you listen to him and follow his directions. If his directions aren't clear question him. Once he explains it carry it out as he instructs not "Oh ive got to cover the city square, oh lets look at that cool building and search it"

The Riflemans Creed, if your american or not this is a great creed/saying that I think every player should follow, no matter what kit you're running (Medic,MG,AT,etc.) or whatever your job could ever be, (Mortar,Armour,Or Air. So without further adoo riflemans creed.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.
    Note this isn't the complete creed but the more "crucial" parts of it and anything thats bolded should be taken seriously ingame. I understand it is a game but knowing you have the complete capability to complete any task given and to be the biggest badass on the server.

Chapter Two: Squad Structure (Unfinished)
    There are of 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation.
    That's one firearm per every 12 people on the planet.
    The only question is, How do we arm the other 11?

Re: Project Reality for N00BS

Cool write up. I'll be waiting to see what chapter two has to offer.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed