Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep tactics for PRM?

How do you guys use jeeps and trucks?

Are they just for transporting troops around or are they a vital weapon?

Now that some of the unarmoured vehicles can carry 4 passengers, I was thinking that the driver and gunner can quitely debus the best part of a squad unseen and then move to another location to provide some suppressing fire on the objective before bugging out away from the squad's location to draw enemy fire away from them.

Obviously, just parking the wagon out in the open and blazing away with the .50 cal is going to be instant suicide if the enemy have any armour or AT troops nearby.

Re: Jeep tactics for PRM?

answer to your questions is yes. I've used them for both. As for as useing as a suppresion weapon its best to park it behind a hill so the better part of the vehicle is coverd.

Comment

Transport only. If you get on the .50 cal not only you are vulnerable to RPGs but you are also a perfect target for a sniper, and for some reason, gunners seem to be a high priority target for them.
      |TG-Irr| Argentinedude

sigpic

Comment

I think jeeps can be used for suppresive fire and for diverting attention, but only for a short time until you are either be blown up by AT or sniped, key is to get out after just a couple of seconds of suppresive fire. This way you can divert attention from your squadleader and the rest of your squad so they can get to a better position.

Key is to not stay to long in the .50 Cal.
        |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

I think Range is important in the jeeps. The .50 has great range and is accurate. Use it as a mounted sniper and you'll last longer, plus the sound and ricochets are frightening enough to supress. If a proper location is found these can be very effective weapons platforms even against AT, but it depends on putting them in a position that they can see the AT before the AT can see them.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by Argentinedude View Post
            Transport only. If you get on the .50 cal not only you are vulnerable to RPGs but you are also a perfect target for a sniper, and for some reason, gunners seem to be a high priority target for them.
            The reason is they are a stationary target, which makes them eaier to hit than moving targets, specially from long distances.

I think the cars should be used mainly as transport, and the .50 should be used to give the jeep some protection while it's moving. When stopped, it's a matter of time till an AT unit smokes it.

I use them for transport only.
            |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I'm w/ Khan on this - the mounted MG's are great for suppression/area-control. You just have to make sure OpFor is only in front of you - For example, on Helmand Province, the range rovers have two mounted MGs... you can use them to suppress the Whiskey flag while your team flanks. As long is you make yourself a difficult target for grenade-launchers, you're probably going to survive for a bit.

Also - on the subject of suppression - the key is to continue firing even though you don't see anyone. If you wait for someone to pop their head up, then, by definition, you're not suppressing. (Note: you can't just lay on it or it will overheat - you need to use continuous burst-fire)

Comment

I really wish people would use more suppressive fire. If someone pops his head through a door or window, it's ok to keep dumping rounds onto that position until either someone can move around to grenade the area or your team has all taken cover. He's still there, don't wait on him to pop up and take a shot. Be the aggressor. He won't keep looking for a shot or line up for a grenade with rounds streaking over head, so keep fire on him.

I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of suppressive fire in the earlier versions of the game but it's pretty non-existent now. You don't have to hit everyone you shoot at, simply firing upon them forces them to change tactics and puts your squad at the advantage. Like those guys running in the distance that you KNOW you probably can't kill...just throw lead at them anyway. It'll force them to take cover and slow their advance.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but still uses the jeeps....the reloading ability of the jeeps makes them (for lack of a better description) nade spam platforms as well as suppressors with the .50's. A grenadier covered by a gunner in a hummer can be very formidable at range. Remember, most cases the Heavy AT is not going be hunting a jeep. THe light AT has only one shot and if positions correctly, the range makes it a difficult shot. Also as vanity mentioned, don't wait for the head to pop up use slow controlled bursts to keep the enemies head down. Simple in my mind, but maybe a demonstration is needed. The "nade spam" mentioned above applies to smoke and frag.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...