Marking Things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marking Things

How do you mark like a spawn point so it appears as a boat ? And also how do you use the green smoke to mark something ?

Re: Marking Things

Use the commo rose to (Q) button to get a list of options to spot.
    Pick the boat option and left click.

The Officer kit has the green smoke. Dunno how long the smoke lasts.

__

See you around.

Lat.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
      The Officer kit has the green smoke. Dunno how long the smoke lasts.

Same time as regular smoke.

Comment

when you hit Q, you only get the "Spotted" circle in the middle - you then need to right click the "Spotted" circle to get a list of specific things.

Comment

And when right-clicking to spot, the boat is the middle option where the cursor rests, so it's very easy to use quickly.
          I always get a kick out of people calling out "enemy water craft!" on a completely landlocked map. :icon_lol:
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
            And when right-clicking to spot, the boat is the middle option where the cursor rests, so it's very easy to use quickly.
            I always get a kick out of people calling out "enemy water craft!" on a completely landlocked map. :icon_lol:
            Good point.. it IS pretty quick... Q, R-click, L-click

Comment

When I first started playing PR I was freaking and wondering WHY so many people were calling out enemy boat or watercraft spotted, I now know and do it myself quite a bit. I will call it out long before I start attacking it(that way in case I die they can know where it is) and also let the squad I am in know that it is being spotted out as a enemy boat, that way any new comers will know WHY I am doing this.

Comment

it doesn't matter how many times i mark a boat, about 1 in 10 actually knows what it means. the worse though, is when you slam one, and a guy in your own squad runs up to the big red x with a skull and starts shooting it. that pretty much takes the cake, and tells me that i should prolly just log off and come back later.
                -dy.21

Comment

I disagree, I would say that the majority of squad leaders on the TG server at that time would know what it means. And it's the squad leaders you're trying to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
                    I disagree, I would say that the majority of squad leaders on the TG server at that time would know what it means. And it's the squad leaders you're trying to tell.
                    It does seem to be a prevelant tactic. Personally, I say you can't beat green smoke, with a clear instruction that it marks the target OR that it marks the friendlies. If you're CO'ing, one of your functions is to clearly and concisely relay info between SL's.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yeah I personally love the boat spotting tactic because all it takes is one person in another squad who knows what it means to relay it to the entire squad, and once they see that, it's not soon forgotten.

ANY tool that lets squads more effectively communicate (especially in the absence of a CO) can only help the team.
                      Beatnik

Comment

I think that the commorose needs to be altered to include the option for spotting an enemy rally point. Less guesswork when someone sights one and dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          Less guesswork when someone sights one and dies.
                          That would be a pretty good addition, especially if the voice message could be set up to say "spawn car" or "rally point" depending on what you were aiming at.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X