Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artillery Sqd Idea

Gentlemen,
    A few of us were messing around with this idea the other day but I would like to try it again tonight (April 13th) in more of a serious sense. Basically its a Sqd full of 203ers and riflemen who set up outside a flag area and bombard the area with 203s. An imprivised artillery if you will. If anyone is interested let me know. Ill be on around 6:00 or 7:00 pm EST tonight so let me know if anyone is up for it.

Re: Artillery Sqd Idea

Interesting idea. Combinded with a squad to make the assault it could be pretty fun.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Very fun and possibly very effective. I like the idea
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I was a squad yesterday on Helmand, I think Al was SL, and this is all we did. Also, when we thought the flag was going to be overrun no matter what we did, we'd all spawn Insurgent, throw C4 on the buildings and cover spots near the flag and then run back about 50-100 meters while one guy in the squad stayed closer and would give the order to blow the charges. Very effective, lots of fun.

Comment

Crombo - you provide the arty squad, and I'll provide the assault squad.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

count me in, im up for a little arty on bunnyhopping noobs anyday :)
            sigpic

Comment

Squirrel,

Flying body parts anyone...I was still laughing atleast an hour afterwards...
              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I'm going to my buddies house tonight. He just called so I guess I'll be missing the action tonight. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                  Crombo - you provide the arty squad, and I'll provide the assault squad.

Root! You've got a deal! Lets hook up in TS in a diff channel that way we can still communicate and then have our 2 seperate sqds work as one and the TS chatter will be kept to a min!

Comment

I can't use TS if I'm using in-game. :(

Still, I'm sure we can work it out via text and common sense. No run at flag while nade-type things are landing on it.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

ok,im in, i done the c4 thing with al last night, and the 203's with crombo, all fun, i be on in a bit!!
                      Also like to note that at one stage i stole an enemy sniper kit and spotted target for the 'arty' squad with me, very effective i thought?!
                      Last edited by Jeepo; 04-13-2007, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I too thought of that one night while playing to over take a flag but the SL thought it was a lame idea. Said that even if we destroyed all the enemy it would cause to many friendly casulties cause other team mates would be stupin and run in thinking all was safe.

Comment

Just keep in mind that GLs arent very effective in mostly flat terrain. They are most effective when the target is near a wall, that way the splash damage kills them. Otherwise you have to get the thing to land directly where they are, and thats difficult.

In helmand, it works if the enemy is in one of the buildings. But if you are fighting between irrigation ditches, take out your gun.

Comment

Wow, this whole idea is a blast from the past!!!

I actually mentioned doing this in vanilla BF2 waaaaaaaaaaaay back during my first PW night in September, 2005 (hehe), though the idea also seemed to be received with the sound of chirping crickets.

I thought the whole AAR is pretty funny, so you'll have to scroll down to find my post. I also mention my sadness when kicked by a supporting member, which is also amusing in retrospect.

I'll join up in this squad if you see me around, Crombo!

Comment

Be advised, I have read good intel from the PR forums that the GL kit will be limited to two/squad in .6.

See this thread: http://realitymod.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=light

Note: The GL and light AT will not be limited to 2/team but 2/squad.

No worries. You guys can use the .5 set-up to practice with the combo of a long distance arty explosive squad, supporting an assault squad, and come up with some sound SOPs for when we get the mortors in a future release.
                              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement