Is AT kit really worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is AT kit really worth it?

Is getting the AT kit even worth using? I was assigned by my SL to use the AT kit and take out an approaching tank, and I flanked it with my rocket, but... I only have one rocket in it... When i shot the tank, it didnt blow up when it was hit...how are you supposed to take out any tanks with one rocket? I think the TG server should have more spots for heavy AT since they get 2 rockets. (2 or 3 can't remember)

Unless I am using the AT kit the wrong way, or if there is a certain spot to hit on tanks, then let me know.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Is AT kit really worth it?

They get two rockets, however, and i dont mean this as an offence in any way, but using a well balanced squad can make an encounter with a tank a joy!I find engaging a tank with L-AT a waste, unless there is perhaps a gunner on the .50!Your best bet is Engineer, or then H-AT.

However, the L-AT does have its uses, such as clearing bunkers, flags, killing RP's, Hummers etc, so still a worthwile kit selection!Especially with the changes in 0.6, it will be limited as it will be more usefull in taking down CO built bunkers.....

Comment

Hit them in the rear and in the treads. Get your squad's rifleman to replenish your rocket supply. Yes, the AT kit is almost useless without a rifleman handy.

Jeepo: they get one, excepting the Insurgents.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Oh yeah, sorry, i was thinking H-AT for some reason....good catch!:)

Comment

it would be better if L-AT had a mine or 2 because then it would be a good kit to have in a squad, you could damage a tank, then if it drives straight through to take you out, it would blow up from the mines.
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Or you could use that strategy with a friendly Engineer in the squad?I still believe that the Engii is the best Armour killer in the game!Roots fault, he made me take the kit, now i love it!:)

Comment

Its one of the best kits once you get used to it, Learning to spot distant sounds such as a helicopter approaching..jeep nearby - You can easily take them out if you got your rocket launcher out during these critical seconds.
              If you spot a enemy rally point from distance that your squad's grenades cant reach, L-AT is also amazing for that job.

One of the other uses is urban combat, Blowing the wall that the enemy is hiding behind...Putting a rocket inside towers that have MG + Enemy there is one of the best things you can do on maps like Mao..err i forgot the name, But theres a tower at the Government Office...There were a few soldiers up in that tower pinning squads from entering the complex - 1 L-AT in that tower and the suppression was no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
                it would be better if L-AT had a mine or 2 because then it would be a good kit to have in a squad, you could damage a tank, then if it drives straight through to take you out, it would blow up from the mines.
                Wouldn't it be easier to pair up with a rifleman? That way you have unlimited ammo and don't have to risk going anywhere that tanks are likely to be,.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It's mainly useful, as had been said, for takling out light vehicles such as transports, scaring off choppers and even taking out APCs, two hits to the rear should destroy an APC. Not really worth hitting a tank with it, unless it is already damaged.
                  "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

yes i agree, work with a supply guy. tanks this days are not an easy kill.
                    but since is that tough, to take it down, atleast all the a/t kits should have 2 rounds. anyhow it takes a while to reload so its not that you are going to attack that tank with no mercy, but you are going to damage it and make it retread for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
                      Is getting the AT kit even worth using?
                      In short, yes. Probably one of the most valuable infantry kits available in game. Proper usage combined with a specialized squad can really change the tide of any battle.
                      | | |

Comment

My opinion is that if the H-AT can carry 2 rockets why can't the L-AT carry 3 or 4? A rifle does not weigh that much or have a L-AT kit such as the H-AT with knife, pistol(or rifle with ONLY 1 Mag) and then the L-AT with more rockets, smoke, field dressing. Most people hardly ever use the rifle as AT and I think a limited amount of bullets to offset the extra rockets would be great. Hard to get a rifleman to follow you around resupplying you.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                          My opinion is that if the H-AT can carry 2 rockets why can't the L-AT carry 3 or 4? A rifle does not weigh that much or have a L-AT kit such as the H-AT with knife, pistol(or rifle with ONLY 1 Mag) and then the L-AT with more rockets, smoke, field dressing. Most people hardly ever use the rifle as AT and I think a limited amount of bullets to offset the extra rockets would be great. Hard to get a rifleman to follow you around resupplying you.
                          Not so hard if your squad is specialized for the task. If it isn't...you really have no business carrying around the HAT.
                          | | |

Comment

Your using the Light AT kit wrong.

Using it against tanks will only piss them off, and unless the tank is in a crippled state, your just wasting ammo (unless you hit it in the rear)..

Instead, use the light AT for:

- Destroying Bunkers / Enemy Hardpoints
                            - Destroying an enemy occupied building
                            - Destroying enemy Jeeps (1 hit)
                            - Destroying enemy APCs (2 hits)
                            - Destroying low flying choppers while hovering (1 hit)

Comment

Aside from the H-AT kit, ive found that the combat engineer is the best way to down a tank. Find a parked tank, sneak up on it (easy to do with their minimal LOS), and put a mine in front and in back. As soon as it moves or fires its main shell, its gone.

The light AT is just too weak against armor and ya dont have enough rockets. Even if you have a rifleman with you, the tank will kill you before you resupply, rearm, and fire again. What i would suggest though is having the light AT disable the tank to keep it still so that the combat engy has an easier time mining it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X