Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic guide to getting stuff built as CO (PR v0.6)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic guide to getting stuff built as CO (PR v0.6)

I didn't find a good explanation so I'll share what I learned. All things you spawn appear about 1 to 2m ahead of you.

1 Get officer kit.
    2 Spawn "command post" (old uav trailer model) .
    3 Build command post.
    Either switch back to your engineer kit to do it yourself with the wrench (not
    shovel, that is only for structures based on sandbags).
    Or get you "co-assist" squad to do it.
    4 Spawn support vehicle.
    Your ready to go into the field now.

This is when to continue you need to start thinking tactics.

A) You can build one Firebase away from a flag at this point. Be careful with this, because in the current build these are bugged. If you get one of the conditions for constructing this wrong, you will get an error message, it wont appear, but the game will register your only firebase as built, effectively disabling you from building it for the rest of the round (i believe).

Around the firebase (for which you best have two shovels with you) you can now request kits, spawn two sandbags, and an AA gun (this is the only other structure that needs a wrench).

So recap:

5) On your selected location, checklist for a firebase:
    -Command post spawned & constructed?
    -Good distance away from the flag?
    -Officer kit?
    -Not more then 5 meters away from support vehicle (10m is limit, 5 is to be
    safe)
    -Min 1 shovel ready for constructing your base (if not it can expire and you
    may not be able to set a new one).
    6) Spawn "firebase" on reasonably flat terrain.
    7) Let shovel-people build.
    8) Same for sandbags (2max)
    9) Same for AA

This is the basic firebase, without an AA because it was bugged then.

it's position on the map.

B) Bunker

For a bunker follow the same procedure as for the firebase, with two points of difference:
    -You need to be close to a flag instead of away from it to build a bunker.
    -You can build one per 3 cappable flags you hold. This means normally you cannot build a bunker at the start of the game, only later.

Here is a fully built bunker.

General tips/bugs:

-Both firebases and bunkers can be bugged as in not visible or constructable, yet they are counted as built by the quartermaster.

-all built objects seem to experience a HP bleed over time. You have to check them with a wrench/shovel. You can avoid to a large extent by building on a flat surface with no other objects in the way of what you are going to spawn.

-A firebase/bunker that is completely destroyed (doesn't work if you have the previous bug) CAN be placed again if the conditions are still met.

-I want a Bob the Builder skin for the CO.

Plz add any tips or bugs you know.
    Last edited by BigGaayAl; 05-29-2007, 08:48 AM.

Re: Basic guide to getting stuff built as CO.

Nice intel Al! :icon14:
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Good post ;).

Tip: make sure you build your assets on flat ground to reduce the chance of floating parts.

Bunker under construction:

Finished:

Also not mentioned by BigGaayAl yet a known bug in 0.6 -> assets bleed and will destroy themselves after some time. Therefore make sure you have someone repairing them now and then (according to the PR forums -> they should last 20 minutes once constructed).
      Last edited by Ghost Dog; 05-29-2007, 09:03 AM.
      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Great stuff Al!

I want to play with the shovel!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I wasn't too sure about .6 before, but this looks pretty awesome. I'm glad we have a resident expert to explain everything to us.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Ticket cost for assets:

BUNKER_TICKETS_32 = 10
            BUNKER_TICKETS_64 = 20

FIREBASE_TICKETS_32 = 25
            FIREBASE_TICKETS_64 = 50

SUPPORT_VEHICLE_TICKETS_32 = 5
            SUPPORT_VEHICLE_TICKETS_64 = 10

AA_ARTILLERY_TICKETS_32 = 10
            AA_ARTILLERY_TICKETS_64 = 20

SANDBAGS_32 = FREE?
            SANDBAGS_64 = FREE?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
              ...-I want a Bob the Builder skin for the CO....

Ask the PR devs to ask the Camobox team is they can use their Bob the Builder skin ;)
              Last edited by ikill4aliving; 05-31-2007, 08:07 AM. Reason: too big of a quote
              sigpic

Comment

Great work Al. Thanks for the excellent post.

What do the bunkers and sandbags do besides offering additional cover? Can you get kits from them? (PS I haven't played the beta yet) I'm not sure I see the value in using assets to place them in game...that is the thought I had when I looked at Ghost's post with the picture of the bunker placed in front of the garage. I can certainly see the value of using them in wide open areas like you find in the desert of Ejod or in the open expanses of Falluja (which isn't currently on the rotation).
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                  Great work Al. Thanks for the excellent post.

What do the bunkers and sandbags do besides offering additional cover? Can you get kits from them? (PS I haven't played the beta yet) I'm not sure I see the value in using assets to place them in game...that is the thought I had when I looked at Ghost's post with the picture of the bunker placed in front of the garage. I can certainly see the value of using them in wide open areas like you find in the desert of Ejod or in the open expanses of Falluja (which isn't currently on the rotation).
                  Bunkers and firebases are basically RP's that anyone on your team can spawn on and request kits at. Firebases would be either alternative spawn points in case things go very badly. (they cant be near a CP) Bunkers would be put near a "high traffic" area for quicker reinforcement on the flag zone for defensive purposes I would assume.

Sandbags seem fairly useless, but at no ticket cost you could use them in conjunction with mines to totally block off enemy armored access to an area. (assuming the sandbags can't just be ran over.)

Comment

Sandbags can give enough cover to stop instant spawn death sometimes.

Bunkers look great with that AA, so the USA team would get a dillion minigun ? :D

Firebases look just the same as a bunker but they dont get the AA.

That big 6 wheeler is about as steady as a vodnik but seats about 8

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Now with the assets working again, we had some fun last night :).

This is what me, BigGaayAl and Lt.Gafsi built yesterday.

Building/repairing time seems to be longer and sandbags need to be filled almost right after you spawned them or they will disappear.

Comment

How many AA can you build alltogether?

Sandbags were appearing ready made before

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                          How many AA can you build alltogether?

Sandbags were appearing ready made before

I believe you can build one AA per bunker/firebase. So that is a maximum of 1 aa for the firebase, and one for every two flags you have.

So on say Qwai River, with 6 cappable flags, you would have a maximum of 4 aa's (3+1 bunkers) , (5 bagsx4) 20 sandbags.

****erratum****
                          To my regret I cannot edit my first post again. The title should have the PR version number in it, or the whole thread should be deleted when the new official version will out; the information is getting increasingly void as more and more changes are made to the mod.

The basic build-order is still the same though.

Comment

I have trouble keeping up with changes too especially the server side only ones, stealth!

I dont think firebases can have AA, they are the ones that cant be too close to a base.

Bunkers can have AA but have to be close to a flag, did you say only one bunker is possible?

Of course it might have all changed again, I'd like to see more AA available for bases especially the HQ.
                            I was playing on Kashan desert with tons of spawn killing yesterday :/ with zero risk for the f16 attacking

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                              To my regret I cannot edit my first post again. The title should have the PR version number in it, or the whole thread should be deleted when the new official version will out; the information is getting increasingly void as more and more changes are made to the mod.

The basic build-order is still the same though.
                              I edited it Al. Just let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X