No announcement yet.

Some Leading Guidlines.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Leading Guidlines.

Here is some leadership skills that you should try to incorporate when leading a squad or commanding a team. I used the information below from in the Leadership 101 section. I encourage you to read his entire 120,000 word guide. Or at least some of it. Some can be applied to PR, especially the Leadership section.

Survival: This is quite simple. As a leader, you need to make decisions and orders in which your squad-members can follow. You can do this effectively only if you are alive. As a soldier, no matter what rank, you're always no good to someone dead. Don't take uneccessary risks. The soldiers you command are your defense and your weapons, let them do the major fighting. This does not, however, mean that you should stay way behind your squad and not fire your weapon; being a coward is different from being safe.

Know the job of the leader, prepare to take over if neccessary: Sometimes the leader will go down and you will need to take over the job. Make sure you are familiar with what that job is (Tank-commander, Infantry leader etc) and always be ready to start making the calls. Only if the leader is down, though.

Be clear when giving orders: A main skill of being a leader is giving orders that your subordinates can understand. Make sure you speak up, speak clearly, and don't ramble on. There is no need to sugar-coat the order, just get it through to your squad-members in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.

Decide quickly and act so: Sometimes, you don't have the proper time to plan, for example, when you find yourself in an ambush. This can also to apply when not in battle. Because sometimes plans wont always work, and spending masses of time on one that is perfect is less valuable than one that is more rapidly produced. Because the plan is rapid, however, it isn't an excuse to make it real half-assed.

Make decisive and final orders: You need to be specific when assigning orders to actual members or groupings of the squad. Saying, "Somebody pick up that marksman kit," is not very specific. You have not indicated who needs to, this causes confusion and is sometimes forgotten. What you need to say is, "Chrisweb, pick up that marksman kit from that enemy body next to me." As you can see, I have tasked an actual member to pick up the kit, as well as pointed out where the kit is located roughly.

Avoid Micro-Management: When you give the order, allow your squad-member to do it. No matter how they do it. Just specify in the order what you want done, and the squad member will comply. Don't tell them exactly how to do it. This wastes time and is not necessary, as well as annoying to the squad-member. As a leader the main thing you want is for objectives to completed. Don't worry about how your members will specifically do it. But you can give guide-lines that you think could benefit the squad-member.

Exercise Tactical-Patience: Sometimes, just be patient and let a situation to develop. If a few enemies are spotted, don't always immediately focus everyone there. Wait it out a bit, and you can develop an understanding for the actual situation and thus be able to respond to the enemy force with better knowledge.

Exercise disciplined initiative: Don't always wait for a go-ahead from your commander or any-one who is higher up. You should be able to make good decisions without help from the commander always. This does not mean you should go rambo with your squad and not listen to anyone. Just be able to make good decisions within the mission guidelines without assistance. This is similar to individual initiative.

Hope you use some of these. I know I shall.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed