Issues with MX1000 Laser Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with MX1000 Laser Mouse

I have run into an issue with this mouse during BF2 game play. When scoped onto a target (most apparent when using the sniper rifle), I have a hard time fine tuning my aim. If i move the mouse slightly to the left, the sight "skips" over the head of the enemy. It is almost as if it is moving on a x/y axis grid(which it is) but the scale is a little too big. Does anyone else have this issue?

Re: Issues with MX1000 Laser Mouse

I used to have that issue. The only resolution for me was to use the PS2 adapter rather than plugging it directly into a USB port. This resolved all the issues I was having with the MX1000.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Buy a razer boomslang instead :) Best gaming mouse around.
      Telorn

Comment

I actually like the MX1000 a lot better than the Razer mice. It feels a lot better, it's cordless and rechargeable, it performs like a conventional wired mouse, and it's a LASER mouse rather than an LED powered optical mouse.

According to a review done by TechSpot comparing the MX1000, MX518, Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer and the Razer Diamondback (the boomslang has been discontinued), the MX1000 took awards for best mouse overall and best precision and responsiveness. It rated better than the MX518, but the MX518 took the award for best gaming mouse because of it's lower price.

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/mouse_roundup/

Comment

I am now using a ps2 and I still have the issue only not as bad. COuld it be a graphic card issue, should I up the resolution?

Comment

Make sure you go to the Logitech site and upgrade to all the latest drivers. Don't use the ones that came on the disk with the mouse. That was another critical step I forgot to mention before..

Comment

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
              I am now using a ps2 and I still have the issue only not as bad. COuld it be a graphic card issue, should I up the resolution?
              What kind of surface are you using to mouse on?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have the latest drivers installed. The surface I use is a manila folder cover. Feels super smooth.

Comment

I have to humbly disagree with Apophis. :)

I have a Razer Diamondback and use it on a Razer ExactMat and absolutely love it. Having said that, all of the sensors have such high technical specifications it seems like overall the high-end incarnations are pretty darn close performance-wise, it comes down to personal perference regarding design and how it fits your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
                    I have to humbly disagree with Apophis. :)

I have a Razer Diamondback and use it on a Razer ExactMat and absolutely love it. Having said that, all of the sensors have such high technical specifications it seems like overall the high-end incarnations are pretty darn close performance-wise, it comes down to personal perference regarding design and how it fits your hand.
                    Have you actually used an MX1000? Just curious. I'm one of those folks that needs to try both before I can say which one I like better.

I have always been partial to "larger" mice that cup my hand rather than forcing my hand to lay down flat to cup the mouse. I also like more weight to my mouse, so i've stayed away from a number of the gaming-specific mice throughout the years simply because I feel they are too light.

Comment

Yeah, I actually was leaning toward an MX1000 until I tried out a Diamondback. It sounds like our leanings are just opposites. :)

I prefer a lighter mouse and I've always used a non-right-hand oriented mouse. I'm a right-hand person but my wife is a leftie.

I have to admit, the MX518 would probably be second on my list, if only because from a hardware perspective (and especially the ability to change sensitivity on the fly) it's the closet thing to the Diamondback.

Comment

I cant figure out how to fix this issue...it is so anoyuing that I have trouble playing the game.

Comment

@JohnGalt - i had the same issue with my MX1000 but only at a large LAN. Had to reset my craddle and the MX1000 to reconnect.

At home have no issues and i am using the latest Logitech drivers. Do you have similar issues in other games or is it only on BF2's online or single player sessions?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X