I'll start here :).

My system:
    P4 3.06
    1GiG Ram
    Asus MB P4G8x
    ATI 850XT
    100 GiG WD HD 7200rpm 8mb cache.
    Audigy II SoundBlaster

I played the demo, hooked up on TG, became addicted, purchased the retail and have been playing pretty solid the last few weeks.
    I found that when playing online my frame rates were dropping into the low twenties (in the 80s when in the kit/squad page) no matter what resolution I used. I have up to date bios, and drivers for my chip set, ATI 5.6 Cats for the vid card, added refresh force, and was turning all programs off running in background .

Well, after reading the posts in the forums and the tweak guide I decided to do a "clean" install of BF2. Removed BF2 including all profiles, defraged my HD, and then reinstalled Bf2. Now here is the kicker. When I go to start the game, I get the BF2 splash screen, then the game begins to load, screen goes black and it looks like it's reading to load the "movies" when the screen pops back out to desktop. I tried changing the desktop resolution to different settings but that didn't help. I also tried reinstalling several times after that and still a no go. Interestingly, I had made a restore point using XP before installing BF2, but now my system is unable to restore to any previous store point(??). That's how it ended last night a midnight. It almost feels like its a video issue with just BF2( other games CoD, IL2 are running fine ).

Any help would be appreciated :)!

Re: After Reinstall BF2 Will Not Start

Look for the threads about disabling the movies and try that.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

i had a problem like that with the swat 4 demo. i dloaded it to my xp computer and installed and then when it started, it would display SWAT 4 and act like it was loading. when i moved my cursor around the screen, it would change into all of these diffrent cursors like scroll cursors and loading cursors and lots of crazy stuff. i would sugest that you wipe every trace of the game you have away. if you have desktop icons, the bf2 folder from programs menu, anything that the game installed that wasnt there before. it may be the restore point thats confusing youre computer. if it cant restore from that point, mabey, MABEY you should delete it. be very careful in doing this because i am not sure if that would then mess up the registration info and you might not be able to log back in (if there is a cd key).

Comment

Also, the EA link I just posted appears to have a question like that.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Thanks!

After checking the link Tempus I noticed that the ATI 850XT is not listed as a supported card ??? I'm hoping this is not a problem.

Tonight I'm going to completely strip out everything associated with BF2 using RegEdit, then remove and reinstall the ATI drivers. I also saw a comment in the Readme about not turning off DXT Textures in the ATI control panels ( not sure what this means but will check when I get home).

<S>
          SBR

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_BillyRay
            Thanks!

After checking the link Tempus I noticed that the ATI 850XT is not listed as a supported card ??? I'm hoping this is not a problem.

Tonight I'm going to completely strip out everything associated with BF2 using RegEdit, then remove and reinstall the ATI drivers.
            If the latest drivers don't work for you, there has been mentioned that ATI users have rolled back to a previous set of drivers.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

The Fix....

Deleted BF2. I didn't bother searching the registry for any remnants . Re-Defrag'd the HD, removed ATI drivers (5.6s), used DriverCleaner to get a clean install, reinstalled the 5.6 drivers, reinstalled BF2, Game on :).

I played on the Retail server last night, frame rates were in the 30 - 40s, dipping into the 20's occassionally ( [email protected] ). However, last night was a 32 map evening and I'm thinking the 64 player maps would have my fr even lower.

I still have many processes running in background so I will experiment and see how many I can remove without goofin up the audio/MS Sidewinder.

Thanks everyone for there suggestions!

Cheers,
              SBR

P.S. Last night was the first night I was a squad leader, scary but ended up being lots of fun. Had a great group of guys!

Comment

hi Im new here and am havin similair problems.
                when I attempt to start the game, the BF2 splash screen comes up but then it clears after a few seconds and then nothing happens. no blank screen, just the desktop.
                also the program shows up in task manager.
                what should I do?
                my system specs are: radeon 9800 xt with current drivers, 1.5 gb ram, p4 2.80 processor.
                I have uninstalled both the game, and the driver and this problem still persists.

Comment

Hey, taker4life! welcome to TG. Please read the BF2 rules, announcments and SOP's in my sig. they will tell you how to report admin problems, proper gameplay and those sorts of things. you can use the search bar in the right hand corner of the screen to search for answers to your quesions. when starting a new thread, please post your thread in the correct forum heading. for your question:

try to remove all of the movies in the beginning and that may solve your problem. we have a thread about that here somewhere but i cant find it at the moment. just search for "removing bf2 startup movies" or some variation of that to find your answer!

Comment

ok I renamed all the movies that the guide said to, changed the screen res to 800x600 at 60 htz, changed to 4x agp, and still the game wont start.
                    Im at a loss =(

Comment

I just checked out the release notes of the 5.9 ati driver and it says that this EXACT problem is resolved in this driver release. I wonder why it isn't working =/.

Comment

well, im confubuled :row__633: :row1_4: :row__643: :row__645: :row__635: :row__630:

just try to follow the ATI instructions. usually reinstall fixes everything, sadly :icon_frow .

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X