VoIP + boost mic = cracking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoIP + boost mic = cracking

Ok, I've head complaints about my VoIP, and I've heard others who are the same way. When the mic boost is OFF, there is no cracking of my voice, but it is just too low. When I boost the mic with the checkbox, however, my voice is louder, but it cracks too much.

You guys know anything?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: VoIP + boost mic = cracking

Originally posted by Tempus
    Ok, I've head complaints about my VoIP, and I've heard others who are the same way. When the mic boost is OFF, there is no cracking of my voice, but it is just too low. When I boost the mic with the checkbox, however, my voice is louder, but it cracks too much.

You guys know anything?
    I believe what you would need to do is check the boost mic option, but then lower the volume control to reduce the crackling. That would be my first option.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Turn the mic volume down when you have the boost on?
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        Turn the mic volume down when you have the boost on?
        Yes. Turning the volume down just enough to keep the crackling out of everyone's ears while keeping it louder than with the boost off. It takes some trial and error.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I wish there was a way to hear yourself like you can in CS.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Is the crackling present without the boost, but quiet enough not to be a bother?... if that is the case, the crackling is getting boosted along with the voice. This would probably be noticed across all programs, unless BF2 is causing the problem somehow.

If the boost causes the crackling (not present without boost), then it may be that the boost is making the voice too loud and distortion and/or clipping is resulting. Lowering the record volume should fix this.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

The boost has shown to provide crackling due to the overall volume.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                I wish there was a way to hear yourself like you can in CS.
                That's just what we need... Wyz talking to himself just to hear his own voice. :D
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Hit the 'test mic' button and you can listen to yourself all night.
                  Telorn

Comment

Funny, on my system, the VOIP is enabled, but the mic boost is greyed out. Everyone says my voice is too soft, but then I get the overload icon when I speak into the mic.

I'm running at about 80% volume right now....but it doesn't seem to help.

Suggestions?

Comment

I'll often ask for a "comm check" at the start of the night just to make sure everything's working OK. It's nice to hear "five by five" or "you're breaking up" or whatever in reply.
                      |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

K, Here's what I did to resolve this problem... I turn down my effect volume to i think like 20%, just enough to hear all the weapons, and other effect's necessary for the game... My mic is on FULL volume, NO BOOST... my mic activation is at 2% so the red line is on the bottom, blue line on top, all the space between... I find this works just great, till someone gets on with their boost on, then blows my headset off... cya in a game sometime

Comment

my cousin had the same problem he just disabled mic boost worked for him.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                          Delta MICS
                          Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                            I find the same thing. My mic icon cracks, but everyone says I sound OK. I find that it's much easier just adjusting the distance the mic sits from your mouth than any of the other settings.
                            That's what I always first tell people. Either bring it closer to their mouth or further away. Almost always solves the issue. One time a guy had a desktop mic...it was pointless...don't even try it.
                            Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                              One time a guy had a desktop mic...it was pointless...don't even try it.
                              I use the mic that is embeded in my logitech quickcam pro. it sits about 2 feet from my mouth. The only complaints I've ever had is that it cracks when I get it too close to my monitor. I've never had problems with people hearing me in any game.
                              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X