Mic Help Please!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Help Please!!!!

Ok this is how it goes...i got my main speakers plugged in and they work fine then i plug in my mic and it also works. I go to the options menu and set up the mic and everything is good...then i play the game and all the options for setting the mic go back and i cant talk to people ... wtf is goin on here , and does anyone know how to fix this?

my mic is not a usb so i got one plug for the mic and one for the speakers in the headset...since i have this layout do i have to us the headphones in order for the mic to work??

Please help me out...playing without a headset really sucks...

Re: Mic Help Please!!!!

i have the same setup with the non-usb mic. well, i used to before i tripped over the cords and ripped them out of their sockets. on the "test mic" screen when you first install the game, you speak into it and it shows the loudness on a bar. fiddle around with the settings and make sure you click SAVE SETTINGS. im guessing thats the problem.

Comment

I dont know whats wrong with it because i save the settings and it shows that they are set until i enter a server and all the values reset to normal and the mic wont work.

Comment

What kind of sound card do you have?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
          What kind of sound card do you have?
          Do you even have a sound card? Most cheap sound cards can be way better than onboard audio (Depends on Mobo/Sound Card)
          30+ dollars goes a long way!
          Oyee

Comment

I dont know much about computers...

but this is what i got...

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

System Memory: 1024.3

Processor Speed: 2210.7

DirectX Version: 9.0c

Display Device : NVIDIA GeForce 6800

Display Memory : 128.0

Display Driver: 6.14.10.7730

Sound Device: Realtek AC97 Audio

Sound Driver: 5.10.5610

Comment

Try updating your sound drivers. There were issues with people and the AC97 audio. You may even have to get a separate sound card.

Comment

ok thanks ill try that

Comment

It's your onboard audio. The only way I could get mine to work was to go into Direct X and turn hardware acceleration down to basic.

I finally gave up and installed an old SB card I had laying around.
                  [FDB]Raub

Comment

Alright it works...

Ok i changed around a bunch of stuff and now it works...im not sure what part of the process made it work but thank you all for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                      There were issues with people and the AC97 audio.
                      I've got onboard AC'97, and I have to use an older driver, else the sound is choppy.

Comment

I have onboard sound using the Realtek 97 Codec, and drivers 5.10.0000. You shouldn't just automatically think to simply update your driver - this can make things worse. And as stated above, rolling back a driver can often be a better solution.

I also have found onboard sound to be better for having simultaneous game sound + voice sound (esp if using an external chat client like Teamspeak). That was in factt he reason why i specifically got onbaord sound. The sound quality may not be as good, but they are often more compatable and stable if on a good motherboard.

Comment

I use AC97, and it sounds like my audio is clipping a lot. How do I fix this, old or new drivers? Also, is there a way to use my logitech usb headset? My computer recognizes it, I just can't figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by fett79
                            I use AC97, and it sounds like my audio is clipping a lot. How do I fix this, old or new drivers? Also, is there a way to use my logitech usb headset? My computer recognizes it, I just can't figure it out.
                            Make sure your audio settings has the renderer as software, not hardware. You may want to update your drivers or try older ones. One may work and the other doesn't. For your headset, plug it in before starting BF2 and make sure your Windows audio settings has the headset as the primary audio device.

Comment

My renderer is software, but I'm not sure about drivers. Where should I go for them?
                              Last edited by fett79; 07-04-2005, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X