Wanda Shan CTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanda Shan CTD

Just installed PR .95 today, have played a few maps just fine, but when I try and load Wanda Shan it CTD's around I think the 62% mark.

Any suggestions?
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Wanda Shan CTD

Try textures on Medium, that what I have to do to get mine to load.

Comment

The 62% mark is a hurdle for a lot of people.
      Same here. My system rocks, but it always stops at 62% and I have to wait for it to move on. Geometries...

As C said it, try it on different graphic configs.
      Depending on your system, maybe update your drivers.
      sigpic

Comment

Ironically I'm ctd'ing at 94% textures while loading Beirut as well, on high, medium and low texture settings.
        Which in .91 Beirut never gave me any problems, and I can load Beirut perfectly on PRSP.

Oh well it's frustrating but I'll wait till the next map for now.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Mhhh stupid question but... did you try to just reinstall the whole thing? x]

Btw... what kinda RAM are you looking for?
          sigpic

Comment

Refresh and/or increase your paging file size.
            Bumping it up could give you the extra memory you need to get over it, at the cost of HDD space.

Googling "increase page file" will get you a few different guides, take your pick.

Comment

I will try that celestial thank you.

I have sufficient HD space - Over 5GB and enough ram -3.2 to 3.5 and I have tried loading both maps on local servers and on the TG server with all medium and all low settings.

The pagefile idea sounds promising but maybe in the end the old Graphics card I have - ATI x1600 is just not powerful enough or maybe it's something else I'll troubleshoot some more.

I do know that some with more powerful computers than mine are running into similar problems but I also like the fact that a map of this caliber has been created and want to see more of them.

I also tried the defrag suggestion and that didn't work but alas it is what it is. I will also post on realitymod.com
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                I have sufficient HD space - Over 5GB and enough ram -3.2 to 3.5 and I have tried loading both maps on local servers and on the TG server with all medium and all low settings.
                Uhhh, how much space do you have available on your hdd? If it's close to 5GB left, you're going to want to clear some space. If you don't leave room, chances are you'll experience slowdowns, especially if it's trying to access your pagefile but doesn't have enough room to expand it.

Also, what operating system are you running, and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Comment

The combined HDD space is I think 30 GB, and TBH I can't delete really anymore things, there might be one or 2 which will maybe at most give me another GB or free space. Off the top of my head I can't remember if its 32 or 64 bit, it is the usual one, for standard run of the mill home PC's.

If anything maybe I can get a new flash drive and save some stuff on that, but I share the comp with my rents since I live at home and don't have the mula to buy my own super computer, so if I start deleting my parents mp3's and audio books or pics and vids of my 1 year old niece i'm going to be far up the creek without a paddle nearby.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

I was concerned when you said 'over 5gb'; wasn't sure how far 'over' we were talking. 30gb is perfectly okay.

If it's 32-bit, then you're only getting around 3gb of RAM no matter how much is really there, and Vista/7 both require a substantial bit of that 3gb to run, let alone running games on top of that.
                    If it's 64-bit, then upgrading your RAM count is a possibility.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X